Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

thilankasp

Photo Update..!!

Added more Zoas.. And a hairy mushroom.. And an Anemone (Not sure about the type)

The BTA has decided to move to a new location.. Mainly because of a snail who decided that he should clean the anemone..

_MG_1253_zpsqxp0wrvm.png

_MG_1278_zps7pyia5ps.png

_MG_1285_zps34lmqrcb.png

_MG_1287_zpsokuqb3c7.png

_MG_1291_zpsivozvblu.png

_MG_1297_zpsmqcluzzq.png

_MG_1338_zpsqtsqhhcl.png

_MG_1349_zpslklezvus.png

I have these tiny fan worm like things all over my live rock.. Any idea what it is exactly.. And if it's good or bad..

_MG_1347_zpsrxaake0n.png

• Like 5
11 hours ago, thilankasp said:

Photo Update..!!

Added more Zoas.. And a hairy mushroom.. And an Anemone (Not sure about the type)

The BTA has decided to move to a new location.. Mainly because of a snail who decided that he should clean the anemone..

_MG_1253_zpsqxp0wrvm.png

_MG_1278_zps7pyia5ps.png

_MG_1285_zps34lmqrcb.png

_MG_1287_zpsokuqb3c7.png

_MG_1291_zpsivozvblu.png

_MG_1297_zpsmqcluzzq.png

_MG_1338_zpsqtsqhhcl.png

_MG_1349_zpslklezvus.png

I have these tiny fan worm like things all over my live rock.. Any idea what it is exactly.. And if it's good or bad..

_MG_1347_zpsrxaake0n.png

That last pic looks like it might be a vermetid worm. I had to glue mine shut because it kept putting a web on other corals.

• Like 2

Those pictures are fantasitc, great job! We need a new FTS, by the way :D

That's definitely a vermetid worm in the last picture. Crush it with pliers or forceps, don't take any chances trying to glue it or kill it any other way. Make sure you crush the little spiral base, not just the part that stick out. Then crush any others you see. They can and will multiply, and they don't need light so they'll proliferate on the backs and undersides of rocks where you can't get them. And they are proven to irritate corals.

I've fought them in two tanks and won, but only after pulling every rock out to crush them all, repeated once every week or two for a couple months. And even then I'll see one pop up every now and then, but now that I know not to mess around with them, it's easy to keep them under control.

• Like 1

Update after a long time..

I went through a tank crash. Had to go out of the city for a few days and my Hammer has died by the time I returned. I suspect that the caretaker has given too much food.

After the Hammer, the tank crashed probably due to the toxins.  I removed the Zoas and the Anemones. 

After a series of water changes, I'm putting things back one by one.

Already added a couple of test Zoas, a Galaxea and a Photosynthetic Sea Fan.

Added Purigen to the filter.

The Purple Firefish jumped out. Others are doing fine.

Hope everything works out. Cheers..!!

• Sad 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Tank looks very stable.

I've been checking water parameters for the last few weeks and everything looks good.

Added the first thing after the tank crash. A Maxima Clam.

I've been keeping my eye on the Ca and Alk levels ever since. Ca @ 420 and dKH @ 9..

My Zoa frag has two new heads. So things are looking good.. I'll be adding more corals slowly..

The Clownies laid eggs.. Sadly I don't have the time to make rotifers and stuff.. But at least the clownies are happy..

Reef Tank_10.png

• Like 2

Dang, I'm sorry to hear about the crash. Overfeeding is the one thing I worry about the most when someone else is taking care of the tanks. I'm glad to see it's bouncing back, though. Keep us updated!

• Like 1

Photo Update..!!

I've been adding things over the weeks.. Tank is starting to take shape again.

I've added another Hammer as well as an Open brain coral (Not sure about the type.. ID??)

I also managed to get a bunch of mushrooms..

Hope to get some more stuff over the coming weeks..

I've also added a Pinkbar Goby and a Bangaii.. I'm happy with the livestock part now. The goby is hidden away for now.. Hope it comes out soon. Bangaii is doing quite well. Very active and feeding very well..

Added a couple of Mini-Maxi anemones..

Enjoy the pics and comments are welcome..!!

Open Brain?? Not sure about the type..

37645061235_3954a72004_b.jpg

New Hammer.. Looking good so far..!!

37645057115_1f6de4e57a_b.jpg

24659962918_57b62df5d7_b.jpg

Yuma #1

24659959028_151a03c595_b.jpg

24659950398_dfb3317167_b.jpg

Yuma #2

24659944888_d25bab12a1_b.jpg

38532328651_25ba08be53_b.jpg

Mini-Maxi Anemones

26756724859_0b510b175a_b.jpg

Superman Mushrooms

26756709549_be8e4ef157_b.jpg

37816788654_84979f1c81_b.jpg

Segmented Blenny

38532312651_c41d80a005_b.jpg

38532314371_330b275892_b.jpg

The Bangaii

26756735289_f82cf9d843_b.jpg

And Finally.. The FTS..!!

24659929008_b9b8411d24_z.jpg

• Like 8
  • Wow 1

24682996578_c743121fd3_o.png

Mr.Bangaii..

I've changed the name of the tank to "Coral Eden" since I have more corals than anemones.

In the beginning I wasn't sure I will be able to find good corals but I've been very lucky.. Hope to find some more stuff along the way..!! 

• Like 3

Sad news..

The Pinkbar Goby has managed to jump out somehow. ( Even with the screen mesh on ).. RIP..

Everything else is doing very well..

Should I add one more fish.. or Should I keep it with these 5 fish.. Comments are appreciated..

• Sad 1

Feeding response of corals to Polyplabs Reef-Roids..

It's my main coral food apart from Mysis and Brine Shrimp.. I'm getting a great response from all the corals and they are growing well.

Discosoma Mushroom on Reef-Roids

37809247005_7f5661dec1_o.png

Yuma Mushroom on Reef-Roids

37979445824_b358e45854_o.png

• Like 3
  • thilankasp changed the title to 26G Nano Reef | Coral Eden
Sad news from Coral Eden. 
I've bought my first new bubble tip. An Orange Tipped Bubble Tip. I guess there was a conflict during the night and I found the female clown dead, mutilated. I suspect she attacked the anemone (She has a bad temper) and the anemone attacked her back. Since she is not used to anemone stings she met with her end. Anyways.. the anemone is settled down now and the remaining clown is showing some interest in it.

The Beautiful Culprit
25022763898_79ce40aeed_o.png
I'll keep things updated..

Update from Coral Eden..

My son was bummed out about the demise of his beloved Clownfish. So I bought him a new one to make "him" feel better. A standard Percula Clownfish.
He is showing more interest in the Hammer Coral than anything else for now.. He is "OK" with the old Clown.. Hope those two will get along..

38051117545_f6f2758b17_o.png 

Enjoy..!!

• Like 4

Small update from the Coral Eden..

Both clowns are doing great. They have paired up well and hosting the Bubble Tip as well.

Did some small re-scaping with the arrival of the Bubble Tip and some more corals. 

Hope things will go smoothly..

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 1/25/2018 at 2:25 AM, Christopher Marks said:

Happy new year @thilankasp! How is your nano reef coming along? Did the new clownfish settle in well?

You have created a gorgeous system, I really love that indian sea starfish! Do you feed it anything special?

@Christopher Marks Thanks a lot.. System is coming along well.. Clownfish settled in very well and hosting the anemone as well.. Been too busy to take any new photos.

Regarding the Starfish : They seem to like Reef-Roids.. Other than that I don't feed them anything else.