Cultivated Reef

Thoughts on scape 50g

Tropi

I had a 20 long running earlier this year but lost everything in it when we had a five day power outage due to a bushfire and wasn't able to get back into town. Anyway I've had a break of a few months and am now missing having a tank up so thought it was a good chance to upgrade to a 50 gallon, no sump this time.

Dimensions are 36 by 18 by 18 inches.

Here's what I have so far, trying to allow for rock that comes with corals and still have heaps of room for the fish to swim. Thought with the open sandbed on the right of maybe having an elegance coral down there.

20160619_153321_zpsaptmdlld.jpg

My main concern is though that I am planning on having a Coral Beauty and Blenny and was wondering if it's going to be enough rock for them to graze on?

Thanks in advance for any input/advice.

IronChefItaly

A 50 gallon is definitely on the low end for what is acceptable for a dwarf angel and doing a minimalist rock scape doesn't help. Will it live?, likely. But what is also likely is that your angel will start nipping at corals due to the lack of rock surface. System size, rock scape and fish stock all go hand in hand so if you're going to have to compromise somewhere.

Archived