Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

My first clam :)

Sal10104

Glad you got it for so cheap! The petco near me has an assorted frag rack of calcium skeletons. LOL

LOL my petco has the worst corals. i just went in there to buy some mysid shrimp and saw that and I'm like hmm "how much is this clam?" the guy that was high on weed was like i guess 14.99

Lucky you. Their ignorance is your gain. The clam is probably lucky and glad to be away from there also.

I'm sure he is. i just bought him some pyto plankton so I'm sure he will like that.

mystersyster

I'm sure he is. i just bought him some pyto plankton so I'm sure he will like that.

Just a word of advice. Less is more with phyto. I know it sucks to tell you after you bought it, but unless your tank is void of nutrients (fish poop, fish food) then feeding isn't necessary. Once they can photosynthesize they can get all the food they need and absorb phosphate and nitrate through their mantle. So if you feed, I would put hardly any in.

Just a word of advice. Less is more with phyto. I know it sucks to tell you after you bought it, but unless your tank is void of nutrients (fish poop, fish food) then feeding isn't necessary. Once they can photosynthesize they can get all the food they need and absorb phosphate and nitrate through their mantle. So if you feed, I would put hardly any in.

it hasn't been shipped yet. live aquaria is good about refunds. I'm just going to cancel it. i was just told that the small clams don't have enough zooxanthellae in them. thanks for the info.

HarryPotter

I'm guessing petco doesn't have the best lighting for clams, they need a lot! I've learned to always put them on a small rock to attach, that way you can move them without damaging the foot. Not too much flow that they can't open fully

I'm guessing petco doesn't have the best lighting for clams, they need a lot! I've learned to always put them on a small rock to attach, that way you can move them without damaging the foot. Not too much flow that they can't open fully

i gave it little flow and put it on a small piece of rubble

Awesome find. I think that's what I'll do tomorrow after I go to Barnes & Noble & grab a coffee and watch people for a moment. I've gotten 2 leathers there. I hadn't checked the south location lately. Their tanks are clean and are getting more nice things. The one near work is not as clean but I did get my baby urchins there. So there can be some nice finds for sure.

• 4 weeks later...

place an old credit card in the bottom under the sand.. they can easily be moved after attaching that way too

• 2 weeks later...

Archived