SaltCritters.com

Mitten_reef’s IM30L

mitten_reef

11 hours ago, debbeach13 said:

All of those photo's/corals look so great.

Thanks, these are definitely recovering nicely. 

9 hours ago, Coolbreeze said:

I was just thinking of just printing these pictures and put them in my tank. Instant tank success 😂

I got you when that big WB of yours is up and running. I’ll keep an eye on that thread. 

28 minutes ago, Pjanssen said:

Don't forget to laminate them first

gotta make sure that it’s reef safe lamination tho. 🤣

21 hours ago, Dirté Sanchez said:

I just meant in a general sense because you keep teasing the world with these amazing pictures of stuff 😂. I’d take broken pieces from your tank too cause even those are probably healthy. 

The Cali tort is another one that I thought turned out quite well from this batch. 

• Like 2
10 minutes ago, mitten_reef said:

Thanks, these are definitely recovering nicely. 

I got you when that big WB of yours is up and running. I’ll keep an eye on that thread. 

gotta make sure that it’s reef safe lamination tho. 🤣

The Cali tort is another one that I thought turned out quite well from this batch. 

It was the one that hung on the longest from that first batch you sent me. And of course, the fact that they didn’t make it is surely my own fault. I’m sure they were more than healthy coming from your tank. 

• Like 1
25 minutes ago, Dirté Sanchez said:

It was the one that hung on the longest from that first batch you sent me. And of course, the fact that they didn’t make it is surely my own fault. I’m sure they were more than healthy coming from your tank. 

You know I meant the batch of photos, right... not trying to dig up some sour memory or lost frags 😅

• Haha 4
1 hour ago, mitten_reef said:

This page is due for a photo...

Here’s another piece of the same indo millie, except this one is still pinkish.   

50547353066_86053d427f_b.jpg

Kinda reminds me of barney... except I guess it would have to be more purple than green. 

• Like 1
23 hours ago, mitten_reef said:

and it’s not Halloween without something scary. This stupid acro is stn’ing

I was watching vids of Berghia nudis last night

They creeped me out

They look just like pale monti and zoa nudis to me

But bigger

I have one aptasia that snuck in on a frag. I would rather buy a Mojano Wand than buy a couple of those nightmare slugs

I was being so careful too.  Buying from only reputable vendors.

• Like 1
56 minutes ago, farkwar said:

They creeped me out

But bigger

I have one aptasia that snuck in on a frag. I would rather buy a Mojano Wand than buy a couple of those nightmare slugs

Oh are you talking about the white patch on the acro? I can tell you it’s just white skeleton there. Not much else. 

18 hours ago, farkwar said:

They creeped me out

But bigger

I would not buy one of if I was you. I bought one to get ride of 3 of them and after using it I had a whole crap load of them in my tank. If you find one in your DT take a small ball of Tunze instant coral gum and place it over the spot of each aptasia. After a period of time you can easily remove the gum. I just removed most of them from my IM 30L and I must have had 25+ of those little buggers.

• Like 3
22 minutes ago, mitten_reef said:

Oh are you talking about the white patch on the acro? I can tell you it’s just white skeleton there. Not much else. 

Nah

Just saying I was watching scary movies for Halloween last night

• Haha 2
5 minutes ago, Coolbreeze said:

I would not buy one of if I was you. I bought one to get ride of 3 of them and after using it I had a whole crap load of them in my tank. If you find one in your DT take a small ball of Tunze instant coral gum and place it over the spot of each aptasia. After a period of time you can remove it easily remove the gum. I just removed most of them from my IM 30L and I must have had 25+ of those little buggers.

I know, I used to just use Gel CA glue

Zapping with the wand looks soo satisfying tho

• Haha 2
5 hours ago, mitten_reef said:

You should give it a go. 

just grabbing a pic of my two fav acros 

427C6E7E-2FB6-4656-8EAF-23A070345711.thumb.jpeg.1f4aab68129fec434f37f628164ebca2.jpeg

That almost looks like a Katropora

Can't tell.  Maybe not the right light to show off the purple.

I want a frag of that more than Walt Disney or Second Mortgage, Alimony Check, or Elon Must

(If I were Jason Fox, those would be three names I would name hot acros)

• Haha 3
5 hours ago, farkwar said:

That almost looks like a Katropora

Can't tell.  Maybe not the right light to show off the purple.

I want a frag of that more than Walt Disney or Second Mortgage, Alimony Check, or Elon Must

(If I were Jason Fox, those would be three names I would name hot acros)

Those two are orange passion and Walt Disney. 

I do have a Katropora, so does @pokerdobe. We seem to be the only two left active on here with the Kat. I just sent a frag to @TheKleinReef.

• Like 5
3 hours ago, mitten_reef said:

Those two are orange passion and Walt Disney. 

I do have a Katropora, so does @pokerdobe. We seem to be the only two left active on here with the Kat. I just sent a frag to @TheKleinReef.

I have a friend with a 2005 Cobra

Depending on the lighting, the paint changes colors

It is either blue, green, or purple

Corals are a lot like that

• Like 1
On 11/5/2020 at 11:28 AM, farkwar said:

I have a friend with a 2005 Cobra

Depending on the lighting, the paint changes colors

It is either blue, green, or purple

Corals are a lot like that

Nope, the nice thing about “designer/premium” acros, is that most of them have been kept for long enough and proven to maintain certain colors - under proper conditions.  The ones that reached “classic” status, can pretty much guarantee to hold colors - pending your tank parameters (both light and chemistry) aren’t messed up in some ways.

There are newcomers out there that I would consider not quite proven yet (ie nice photos are only from vendors), yet still priced very high. But WD and SCOP have been around long enough and proven to show amazing colors. You can go through my thread for various examples of colors. 

• Like 4
6 minutes ago, mitten_reef said:

Well it’s about to get serious in here. 

saw this guy this morning on Instagram this morning and couldn’t help myself. 

4825F085-80FC-48DD-8339-808E85DB88F8.thumb.jpeg.8225e11add2bfdd3e5f7ea1df72c9a34.jpeg

Is it in your tank already? 

And what is it? Very purty 

• Like 4