Cultivated Reef

Mitten_reef’s IM30L

mitten_reef

Elizabeth94

You will love your Waterbox! Are you using that solely as a frag system or making it a new display? I feel like its mentioned somewhere in your thread, can’t find it. 

mitten_reef
34 minutes ago, Elizabeth94 said:

You will love your Waterbox! Are you using that solely as a frag system or making it a new display? I feel like its mentioned somewhere in your thread, can’t find it. 

Thanks after seeing a few of them popping up in here, including yours, I figured I wanna give it a shot.  Their current FRAG series is more like a shallow reef display; they went from the original 12” height to now 16” height.  So this one gives me about 3” in the display height. AND twice in depth, from 12” in IM to 24” here. I had to give up the 3 ft length, but I should have way more space to scape = more corals. 😄

3 minutes ago, teenyreef said:

Awwww yisssss!

Thanks! Moving on to the sump side. 😄

• Like 4
ECLS Reefer
1 hour ago, mitten_reef said:

:ninja::ninja::ninja::ninja::ninja:

CDA3C1B4-9AF3-485C-A04B-FD8A40BC2568.thumb.jpeg.3ce3d394b4bfc725da6b67027685d29b.jpeg

I see the addiction is spreading 😂. My boss laughed in my face today when I told him my new 120 was the final iteration of my habit. He goes oh no you’ll get a bigger one. Evidently his dad at the height of his addiction had 7 at one time.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
1 hour ago, mitten_reef said:

CDA3C1B4-9AF3-485C-A04B-FD8A40BC2568.thumb.jpeg.3ce3d394b4bfc725da6b67027685d29b.jpeg

So its a cardboard box................is that your new house once the wife found out you bought a tank................:biggrin:

• Haha 2
mitten_reef
2 minutes ago, spectra said:

So its a cardboard box................is that your new house once the wife found out you bought a tank................:biggrin:

It came in an MDF crate. I’ll post the unpacking on the new thread later this wknd

8 minutes ago, Dirté Sanchez said:

I see the addiction is spreading 😂. My boss laughed in my face today when I told him my new 120 was the final iteration of my habit. He goes oh no you’ll get a bigger one. Evidently his dad at the height of his addiction had 7 at one time.

Can’t let you have all the fun 😂. Just one tank at a time. But this transition/transfer may take a little long to happen 😉

• Like 2
Just now, mitten_reef said:

It came in an MDF crate. I’ll post the unpacking on the new thread later this wknd

Yep forgot about that.............have pulled a few apart at the local dealer..............I will say WB does pack them good...............l

• Like 1
ECLS Reefer

So now that you have to work on this big move and all, if any of your less favorite SPS frags want to experience life in Texas let me know! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
Coolbreeze
16 hours ago, mitten_reef said:

Was looking at the 70.3 over the SR60 when I decide to upgrade. Will be watching.

Elizabeth94

Oh didn’t realize they changed the height to 16”. Now I want the 105 frag. My SO would kill me. Its gonna have to wait until we buy a bigger home. Or maybe ill get the new CADE system on algeabarn. Either way he’ll kill me haha

• Haha 1
mitten_reef

OK, here are a few topdown shots from last week that I hadn't gotten around to share yet.

M. Palawanensis - Love this monti, but man, it's so finicky when it coems to steadying the colors.  it'd gone a little bit of blah orange again, moving it around from high on the frag rack down to tank floor probably didn't help this last time

D31F239D-7B1B-4CD3-9789-278130FA2D33_1_105_c.thumb.jpeg.7e1207c49ef7533b8aef2debd4c08c60.jpeg

I didn't get many great shots of the microlord's on this last shoot.  But here are a few least blurry ones.  I was able to get more colors from both of my mini colonies, by moving them further into the shade areas.  Also, I'm particularly excited about the new addition that is sitting on the square tile.  

05B78BA8-2100-415D-989E-558C5093025B_1_105_c.thumb.jpeg.af0fec68ee15cc8b6bb0046f96e9fdf3.jpeg

FC086FF8-4DEA-46A4-8F5A-F0DDFCB3F145_1_105_c.thumb.jpeg.31d70709574a485cdfc69d3bc9b36c5b.jpeg

let's cap it off with an acro topdown.

3C3760E7-4777-4FC9-9916-6ABE8EDAE5EE_1_105_c.thumb.jpeg.012cbc76371ab2f6c2b9aea6f6ee77b1.jpeg

• Like 10
Elizabeth94

Nice micros. Mine always has its brown feeder tentacles out. Can never see it’s beautiful colors! I can feed it all day, the thing is ravenous. But a good grower. 

• Like 1
mitten_reef
5 minutes ago, Elizabeth94 said:

Nice micros. Mine always has its brown feeder tentacles out. Can never see it’s beautiful colors! I can feed it all day, the thing is ravenous. But a good grower. 

if their feeders are out, usually means they sense food in the water...do you feed often? Oh yeah, didn't you just get that gel dosing thingy?  I don't feed them enough lately, haha 😅

1 minute ago, FISHnChix said:

But this guy though 😮.

Congrats on the new tank too

20200606_181640.jpg

Yup, that's the new guy I mentioned in the comment.  and thanks.  

Elizabeth94
33 minutes ago, mitten_reef said:

if their feeders are out, usually means they sense food in the water...do you feed often? Oh yeah, didn't you just get that gel dosing thingy?  I don't feed them enough lately, haha 😅

Yup, that's the new guy I mentioned in the comment.  and thanks.  

I feed the fish once a day but these things are open allll the time, even before the gel. I could probably fit a whole cube of frozen in their mouths. 

• Like 1

Congrats on the new tank.  I too am still rocking the IM30L (and NBR hybrid no less) but I am sooooooooo itching to upgrade.  I like the 36in length and have my eyes on the Waterbox 100.3, but that will have to wait until we move to a bigger house.

Out of curiosity (and out of my own laziness), do you dose?  If so, how much Alk per day?  Trying to figure out where I am in terms of range.

Thanks

Jeff

• Like 1