SaltCritters.com

Mitten_reef’s IM30L

mitten_reef

Cannedfish
14 minutes ago, mitten_reef said:

Today’s edition of zoas

A51C8A98-0414-4B8F-BDA3-8998DF5E114E.thumb.jpeg.f3c955af5e30fa55314ab9fddddf3e0c.jpeg

Topdown of the garden - sadly the rastas couldn’t keep up with the rest and unable to spread as much as I’d like it to. I have more rastas as standalone mini colony, it was behind a rock so forgot to get a picture of it. 

A5B3F037-BE92-4022-BD9B-A0618109708F.thumb.jpeg.d41890a808fc83c4311b312753bca0f5.jpeg

New utter chaos

8E0152C5-86ED-4D4E-97EE-1C5DB416E90E.thumb.jpeg.8ee3c9926e9587074029b0e362e7392f.jpeg

Old utter chaos

85D42A37-541D-4C38-914B-BDC1865675C5.thumb.jpeg.d48cea86358e36d7f0c9696c9ee09b5c.jpeg

SunnyD 

B0E1F2C1-E906-430F-8282-69EC7E80F72F.thumb.jpeg.766a677f86d6988e649227e2b184c85a.jpeg

Word on the street is there’s about 390 more pictures to come...

• Like 4
  • Haha 3
  • Wow 1
mitten_reef

Something for the acro fans

Big Oregon Tort - the two main growing tips have been looking lumpy lately. I wonder if Me brushing up against them recently caused this. I almost feel like clipping them off for frags to allow for cleaner-looking growth. 

0898F0F7-7545-4E4D-8AA2-E412BD925B27.thumb.jpeg.f6f1c02c6eb0caeac43d0cbaacfba256.jpeg

5DD3F056-BAE1-4A15-B72D-D374DE4C5FD6.thumb.jpeg.43554e06036b264cd77807bd30882493.jpeg

Little OT

60735279-644F-4241-BA98-8CA5D508CD7B.thumb.jpeg.27514f4ddeb7cf45ddf7579955018266.jpeg

8AB66412-D1BD-4A6D-B7F1-1CAE98778C9D.thumb.jpeg.13e25061a850b1425eb41089ceb4fd81.jpeg

• Like 8
Elizabeth94

Those look like some happy torts! Honestly all your acros look amazing to me. Hopefully I can achieve the same results! 

What exactly is your lighting? I see its a nanobox quad hybrid. By hybrid are you running T5s also? Im not sure what the “NBR Beams” are. 

• Like 1
mitten_reef
10 minutes ago, Elizabeth94 said:

Those look like some happy torts! Honestly all your acros look amazing to me. Hopefully I can achieve the same results! 

What exactly is your lighting? I see its a nanobox quad hybrid. By hybrid are you running T5s also? Im not sure what the “NBR Beams” are. 

Thank you 🙏, it’s been a long journey to get the acros where they are now.  Btw, welcome back to this thread, you were my first guest commenter 😄

It’s a hybrid between 4 nanobox arrays and 4 “beam” led strips, which nanobox produced briefly.  The strips are a blend of royal blue, violet, and cyan, I believe.  I do plan to go with nanobox T5 hybrid on my future WB build. I saw you’re doing kessil/T5 hybrid, which should be very also.

49369581983_e92f8a083d_b.jpg

• Like 1
Elizabeth94

Thanks for the info! I didn’t know they nanobox made strips a while back. I was tempted to send Dave my 6bulb ATI, but I was concerned that if I ever had issues with bluefish I would be lost. 

Oh wow I didn’t realize I was the first commenter lol. I quietly watch threads, and your acros always get me smiling!

• Like 1
mitten_reef

oh look, I found the other rastas in the background of this one. 

This is the brightest this little nub of ssc has ever gotten, I'm so excited for when it shoots up some branches. the pink on here is a shade less bright than when I view it in my Mac Photos app.  @jservedio, I think I see the same color shift after upload you mentioned a week or so ago. 

46FA0259-7866-4315-9285-D9551790476A_1_201_a.thumb.jpeg.6a4aa6471f19fb8984bb26c8361d684e.jpeg

• Like 5
55 minutes ago, mitten_reef said:

oh look, I found the other rastas in the background of this one. 

This is the brightest this little nub of ssc has ever gotten, I'm so excited for when it shoots up some branches. the pink on here is a shade less bright than when I view it in my Mac Photos app.  @jservedio, I think I see the same color shift after upload you mentioned a week or so ago. 

46FA0259-7866-4315-9285-D9551790476A_1_201_a.thumb.jpeg.6a4aa6471f19fb8984bb26c8361d684e.jpeg

When you export as a JPG, make sure it exports as sRGB and include the original color profile. Your camera is probably set to use the Adobe color space and when it's compressed on nano reef, it doesn't get processed correctly.

It's just 2 checkboxes on the export screen in Photoshop, not sure what it is on Mac photos. You can also set your camera to use sRGB.

• Like 1
mitten_reef
43 minutes ago, jservedio said:

When you export as a JPG, make sure it exports as sRGB and include the original color profile. Your camera is probably set to use the Adobe color space and when it's compressed on nano reef, it doesn't get processed correctly.

It's just 2 checkboxes on the export screen in Photoshop, not sure what it is on Mac photos. You can also set your camera to use sRGB.

nope, i have no idea how to make those changes. The file is JPG, but what the actual photo format is that Mac Photos use, no idea.  I tweaked exposure thru the editing of Mac Photos, but that's all I do.  it seems like the app doesn't even know the EXIF info of the photo, I have to upload to Flickr just look at them. 

47 minutes ago, mitten_reef said:

nope, i have no idea how to make those changes. The file is JPG, but what the actual photo format is that Mac Photos use, no idea.  I tweaked exposure thru the editing of Mac Photos, but that's all I do.  it seems like the app doesn't even know the EXIF info of the photo, I have to upload to Flickr just look at them. 

It's probably saving as a tiff or something after you edit. File > export > export ... photos and change the color profile to sRGB. From there you should be able to export as JPG.

What camera are you using? You should be able to change it right on the camera too. All my Nikons let me change it and were set to Adobe by default. I assume you are working in RAW if you are changing exposure, so you'll have to export it to JPG somewhere along the line. Either the camera or Mac photos is changing the color profile on you to Adobe which apparently nano reef doesn't like.

I use Lightroom and Photoshop on PC, so can't really help too much other than to say it's the color profile not playing nice with NR.

• Like 1
mitten_reef
2 minutes ago, ninjamyst said:

Mine looks like poop.

your plunging alk level probably had something to do with that.  how's that coming along btw?  

2 minutes ago, Elizabeth94 said:

Crazy polyp extension!

thanks, everything has been quite fluffy.  I just ordered new red sea nitrate and phosphate test kits, coming in the mail.  so that I can try to record, really more like spot check, tank parameters when things are this happy for future reference.  

• Like 3

Looks good wish my SPS were happy........................

But I may have found the issue...............and its not so good...............

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
mitten_reef
7 minutes ago, second_decimal said:

yes.. please let us know. amazing tank.

I'll put up the results when I have them

5 minutes ago, Thrassian Atoll said:

My pink lemonade has also been one of the best growers and color in my tank.

🤜🤛👊that's great to hear.  it is definitely one of those acros that makes you feel good about your acro keeping skills 😂 

2 minutes ago, spectra said:

sorry man, you got the ICP test results?  is it related to the RODI filter issue?  or something else completely?   

• Like 1
ECLS Reefer
22 minutes ago, spectra said:

Dude cliff hangers like that are not allowed!!! What’s the diagnosis?? Your tank has the Rona? Syphilis?

• Haha 2
23 minutes ago, mitten_reef said:

I'll put up the results when I have them

🤜🤛👊that's great to hear.  it is definitely one of those acros that makes you feel good about your acro keeping skills 😂 

sorry man, you got the ICP test results?  is it related to the RODI filter issue?  or something else completely?   

Nope no results yet...................I think I my have a bug but not sure yet..............pulled a few corals to look but cant tell 100% yet................

8 minutes ago, Dirté Sanchez said:

Dude cliff hangers like that are not allowed!!! What’s the diagnosis?? Your tank has the Rona? Syphilis?

Aids probably.................:unsure: may need the throwing brick..............

• Like 1
  • Sad 2
  • Wow 1
Thrassian Atoll
37 minutes ago, mitten_reef said:

I thought for sure keeping the yellow would be really hard, as a lot of people say yellow is the hardest color to keep yellow, but it’s still really yellow and looking good.  Mines the fluffiest acro too haha.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, spectra said:

Is the issue your photo taking? 😉😜😘

• Haha 2
  • Thanks 1
mitten_reef
8 hours ago, spectra said:

Nope no results yet...................I think I my have a bug but not sure yet..............pulled a few corals to look but cant tell 100% yet................

Aids probably.................:unsure: may need the throwing brick..............

No, not the bug!  AEFW?  red bug?  what's the suspect? 

8 hours ago, Thrassian Atoll said:

I thought for sure keeping the yellow would be really hard, as a lot of people say yellow is the hardest color to keep yellow, but it’s still really yellow and looking good.  Mines the fluffiest acro too haha.

the yellow on mine does fade in and out a bit.  while I'd like to think of myself as not a number-chaser, I still would like to know what cause certain changes to happen.  I know from various conversations and some side readings that it mostly has to do with lighting AND nutrient level.  My light settings rarely changed, so then it must/should be nutrient level.  I just wanted to be more informed about it, and to be able to provide somewhat reliable answers if anyone should ever ask on this thread.   

• Like 3