Innovative Marine Aquariums

Mitten_reef’s IM30L

mitten_reef

6 minutes ago, kimberbee said:

It's always interesting to see what other people run their Nanoboxes at... 🤔

I should probably re-post this on a nanobox setting thread, I remember there was one somewhere. 

5 minutes ago, mitten_reef said:

I should probably re-post this on a nanobox setting thread, I remember there was one somewhere. 

Your post was a good reminder for me to go in and change my time zone cause of daylight savings. 👍

A major development:

Just spotted my female clown rubbing on the red goniopora tonight.  omgomgomg she didn’t stick around long.  But definitely looks like she is getting acquainted with it.  We’ll see if it becomes a regular thing. 

• Like 5
2 minutes ago, teenyreef said:

How's the rescape going?

gave this entire rock to LFS last wknd, saved my self only a couple of nubs.  cleared out the frag racks, mostly the nicer acros left on the rack.   goal is to glue a couple pieces a week to the main rock, but didnt get to do any of that this wknd.

49041536577_8d261dcedb_b.jpg

• Like 6
  • Wow 1
10 hours ago, second_decimal said:

Love the acro frags

Thanks man.  Been trying to cull my frag collection down to one rack, haha.  Hopefully, I won't even need a rack soon.

On a not so good note, caught my stupid pygmy angel nipping at my new clam, that little bastard!  It was fine for 2 weeks, then this weekend it started.  

• Sad 2
2 hours ago, pokerdobe said:

You rescaped this weekend? I did too. How did it go for you?

For me, it was a tedious, frustrating affair, full of cursing, breaking colonies and overall disaster. 

My scape re-do has been in-progress for a while. Picked up this rock since August because the shape lends itself to the Bommie style quite nicely.  So I’ve been slowly glueing frags on to it the last month or so. All the while, purging frags from the tank floor and the rack.

By the time I’m done, I hope not to have any frag rack in the tank, and very minimal amount of corals on the tank floor. Hoping to have it done by new year, hahaha. 

BFF72341-F0D2-4F53-B905-D265E8271364.thumb.jpeg.07d72cb54bdd1c8dd47a0c5a75f32225.jpeg

• Like 6
9 minutes ago, mitten_reef said:

My scape re-do has been in-progress for a while. Picked up this rock since August because the shape lends itself to the Bommie style quite nicely.  So I’ve been slowly glueing frags on to it the last month or so. All the while, purging frags from the tank floor and the rack.

By the time I’m done, I hope not to have any frag rack in the tank, and very minimal amount of corals on the tank floor. Hoping to have it done by new year, hahaha. 

BFF72341-F0D2-4F53-B905-D265E8271364.thumb.jpeg.07d72cb54bdd1c8dd47a0c5a75f32225.jpeg

Hurry up lol

• Haha 1
WindyCityReefer.
8 hours ago, mitten_reef said:

Thanks man.  Been trying to cull my frag collection down to one rack, haha.  Hopefully, I won't even need a rack soon.

On a not so good note, caught my stupid pygmy angel nipping at my new clam, that little bastard!  It was fine for 2 weeks, then this weekend it started.  

Bummer! I was actually tossing around the idea of a Pygmy angel.. sorry to hear yours is nipping

• Like 1
22 minutes ago, mitten_reef said:

So my wife said if I can refrained from bulk purchasing of corals this week/wknd, Santa 🎅 will bring me a new tank this holiday season. 

Lucky you!  Soooo instead of buying in bulk, just put in many small orders....

• Haha 4
6 minutes ago, ninjamyst said:

Lucky you!  Soooo instead of buying in bulk, just put in many small orders....

🤔. Don’t think that’d fly under the radar.  Although I do plan to swing by my LFS this afternoon to check out his specials. He ordered a bunch of stuff in the last couple weeks. 

• Like 1
24 minutes ago, mitten_reef said:

🤔. Don’t think that’d fly under the radar.  Although I do plan to swing by my LFS this afternoon to check out his specials. He ordered a bunch of stuff in the last couple weeks. 

pay in advance and have them hold it for a week or so....hahah.  What tank are you thinking of upgrading to????

• Like 1
1 hour ago, mitten_reef said:

So my wife said if I can refrained from bulk purchasing of corals this week/wknd, Santa 🎅 will bring me a new tank this holiday season. 

Going big ?

Getting the new RS :lol: she does understand that a bigger tank will require more corals............

2 hours ago, ninjamyst said:

pay in advance and have them hold it for a week or so....hahah.  What tank are you thinking of upgrading to????

She said she was eyeing a white Red Sea reefer that is about $1500, thinking that might be 170, or 250 at best. So I told her I’m also interested in Waterbox Frag 60.3 that’s on clearance right now. 

1 hour ago, spectra said:

Going big ?

Getting the new RS :lol: she does understand that a bigger tank will require more corals............

Not that big.  😂 she knows that well. But she said I also have to paint the basement in returns. 

Stopped by LFS. Got a 4+” Millie colony for $65!

• Like 2

Here’s the token bad iPhone pic for when the $65 Millie was added to the tank. It’s pinkish with green highlights, so pretty good potential. The orange scan below is on a 2” tile for size reference. 

F353A5A9-D2D8-4FA0-8AF7-CFE0A9355AC0.thumb.jpeg.09874faa0501aee0c989f7ae8ba9e215.jpeg

• Like 7
  • Wow 1
4 hours ago, ninjamyst said:

The Waterbox Frag 60.3 would be SWEEEEEEET

There was a 190.5 on Facebook with a chip in the overflow for $800 in upstate NY, I couldn't get up there to get it. Their tanks are very well made, you won't go wrong with that 60.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, mitten_reef said:

Here’s the token bad iPhone pic for when the $65 Millie was added to the tank. It’s pinkish with green highlights, so pretty good potential. The orange scan below is on a 2” tile for size reference

So you ended up buying one bulky coral instead of bulks of frags...nice loop hole.  That's crazy price for a colony of of that size.  How did you even glue it???

• Haha 1
48 minutes ago, StinkyBunny said:

There was a 190.5 on Facebook with a chip in the overflow for $800 in upstate NY, I couldn't get up there to get it. Their tanks are very well made, you won't go wrong with that 60.

Yeah. I hope she gets that one. 

42 minutes ago, ninjamyst said:

So you ended up buying one bulky coral instead of bulks of frags...nice loop hole.  That's crazy price for a colony of of that size.  How did you even glue it???

I haven’t glued it yet.  It’s just stuck in a crevice.