Pod Your Reef

Mitten_reef’s IM30L

mitten_reef

30 minutes ago, mitten_reef said:

I’m most excited about the colors on this one.  So @FISHnChix, this one is why i put the other one in your box.

50504137516_45095e4c99_b.jpg

Yea I get it now😅.. still love those acans you sent. The sps well I killed them all but two. Sucks I'm so bummed.. I have been meaning to do an update but I'm too ashamed..😥.  I'll do one soon..

• Like 2
  • Sad 2
On 10/17/2020 at 11:15 PM, Snow_Phoenix said:

Ooh, that's gorgeous! 😮

On 10/18/2020 at 7:54 AM, debbeach13 said:

This would make a nice poster.

21 hours ago, Pjanssen said:

:wub:

Thanks all, these new set of pics make me excited about the tank again.  I've been feeling kinda blah about it the last month or two, fighting dino didn't help.

• Like 2
12 hours ago, FISHnChix said:

Yea I get it now😅.. still love those acans you sent. The sps well I killed them all but two. Sucks I'm so bummed.. I have been meaning to do an update but I'm too ashamed..😥.  I'll do one soon..

well, let's see 'em updates.

26 minutes ago, Coolbreeze said:

Are you planning to move all of this to your WB 55.2?

probably about 70-80% of the corals?  no rocks tho, I plan to cut all corals off the rocks and transplant them to an all-new scape.  remaining pieces/colonies are going to LFS for store credit, he agreed to take everything...including the zoas.  I'll start with a fresh zoa garden, this one is way overgrown - may try to mix in a few new ones.    

Tentative moving gameplan (more like pre-plan, haha)  

• set up new tank at the new house, leak test a couple days
  • continue to run empty for a week or so while setting up the scape
  • coral moving - TBD  
  • Like 2

The gold torch has been a little weird lately, specifically around tissue growth or lack thereof (see upper left corner of the frag). Maybe my angel is nipping at it? Idk. There’s no tissue recession, just tentacles disappeared. 
I’ve been direct feeding this guy a lot hoping for the tissue to recover. 

50507892682_4d1cf53353_b.jpg

• Like 4
3 minutes ago, mitten_reef said:

The gold torch has been a little weird lately, specifically around tissue growth or lack thereof (see upper left corner of the frag). Maybe my angel is nipping at it? Idk. There’s no tissue recession, just tentacles disappeared. 
I’ve been direct feeding this guy a lot hoping for the tissue to recover. 

50507892682_4d1cf53353_b.jpg

You think the flow might be too weird being on the frag rack right against the glass?

• Like 2
3 minutes ago, FISHnChix said:

You think the flow might be too weird being on the frag rack right against the glass?

Could be, I thought anything?  that too. But I turned the entire piece around and it doesn’t affect the other side. 🤷🏻‍♂️  I’m just waiting for the tentacles to regrow at this point.

1 minute ago, Thrassian Atoll said:

Have you seen the angel nipping at anything?  

yeah, it was nipping the clam for a long time, but has not lately. It also likes stealing food from the sun corals these days. Far from a model citizen. 

• Sad 3
Thrassian Atoll

I’ve really wanted a regal angelfish since I set my tank up but I know the lps and clam would be toast.  Maybe someday if I go completely sps only.  

I know they will pick at fleshy lps, not sure about torches though.  

• Like 1

Well, I just got finished skimming through all 89 pages of this thread😵. Very impressed with the success  you've had over the past few years. Great Job! I'm sure I missed it, but what ever happened to the orange flower sponge you had? I also see we are in the same boat, in that you are getting ready for a take transfer. Although, your going bigger and I'm going smaller. Will you do sand in the new setup or are you going to stay with bare bottom? For you it's probably an easier choice of what to keep because your going bigger, but for me it's been a little crazy deciding what to keep and what to get rid of (downside of going smaller). Is this coral pic you posted a RR pink Floyd? If not, it looks identical to what they are selling as one. One of my favorites! Anyway, I'll be following along with the new build. I can attest, it takes some time and planning. 

07428EEB-DE0D-4823-9444-F37B604114C4.thumb.jpeg.52f7348391f6a13854da3590796e79e1.jpeg

• Like 4
10 hours ago, tmc1313 said:

Well, I just got finished skimming through all 89 pages of this thread😵. Very impressed with the success  you've had over the past few years. Great Job! I'm sure I missed it, but what ever happened to the orange flower sponge you had? I also see we are in the same boat, in that you are getting ready for a take transfer. Although, your going bigger and I'm going smaller. Will you do sand in the new setup or are you going to stay with bare bottom? For you it's probably an easier choice of what to keep because your going bigger, but for me it's been a little crazy deciding what to keep and what to get rid of (downside of going smaller). Is this coral pic you posted a RR pink Floyd? If not, it looks identical to what they are selling as one. One of my favorites! Anyway, I'll be following along with the new build. I can attest, it takes some time and planning. 

07428EEB-DE0D-4823-9444-F37B604114C4.thumb.jpeg.52f7348391f6a13854da3590796e79e1.jpeg

Thanks for stopping by!  I love that piece, one of my favorites in the tank.  I found it at a frag swap some years ago now from pacific East aquaculture. it looked to be fresh from the wild at the time, and nothing like its current coloration.  It later grew and changed into this. I agree it resembles Pink Floyd.  I, rather @Cannedfish, then dubbed it Mitten Floyd. 😄. He has a piece from me with really nice coloration, maybe he’ll leave a pic of it here 😉

• Like 1
12 minutes ago, mitten_reef said:

Thanks for stopping by!  I love that piece, one of my favorites in the tank.  I found it at a frag swap some years ago now from pacific East aquaculture. it looked to be fresh from the wild at the time, and nothing like its current coloration.  It later grew and changed into this. I agree it resembles Pink Floyd.  I, rather @Cannedfish, then dubbed it Mitten Floyd. 😄. He has a piece from me with really nice coloration, maybe he’ll leave a pic of it here 😉

I don’t like to build up mitten’s ego but as the kids these days say “this thing slaps”

B3FEDEDF-60BD-4D63-90D3-3C9C8DA982EF.thumb.jpeg.3164fcecd95542bd78e345d061444f70.jpeg

• Like 5
  • Haha 2
  • Thanks 1
1 hour ago, mitten_reef said:

1 hour ago, Cannedfish said:

I don’t like to build up mitten’s ego but as the kids these days say “this thing slaps”

B3FEDEDF-60BD-4D63-90D3-3C9C8DA982EF.thumb.jpeg.3164fcecd95542bd78e345d061444f70.jpeg

Just sayin sps are for dorks.. #truth🤬😁😋

• Haha 3
5 minutes ago, FISHnChix said:

Just sayin sps are for dorks.. #truth🤬😁😋

Don’t be a quitter. You know how many acros any of us acros keepers killed to get thru our initiations?  More frags than the pack I sent you, I can guarantee. 😅

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Wow 1
57 minutes ago, mitten_reef said:

Don’t be a quitter. You know how many acros any of us acros keepers killed to get thru our initiations?  More frags than the pack I sent you, I can guarantee. 😅

😋

tenor.gif

• Haha 2

It's a double-feature kind of night.  

SunnyD, some very green under the shade, some brighter orange toward the edge of the glass with full light exposure

B1B33953-B5E6-4A21-A9C5-2B3829FAE7F8_1_201_a.thumb.jpeg.cfbff73a394335ed8db5f42e0260617c.jpeg

one group of utter chaos

AED2AC15-C53C-4E94-A5C3-9C18657F88F4_1_201_a.thumb.jpeg.a3103eb1d953bdbe52bc8acad680dd3b.jpeg

a rather off-focus of the other utter chaos.  and a rather chaotic hodgepodge of corals in general.

E9B746E9-957D-447D-8B79-C9B07B8573D4_1_201_a.thumb.jpeg.6764a487083d66d4c27f3d5c7a42f1a7.jpeg

• Like 7
  • Wow 1