SaltCritters.com

Mitten_reef’s IM30L

mitten_reef

WV Reefer
15 minutes ago, mitten_reef said:

Finally, mixing up 5 gallon of Red Sea blue bucket. Everything still looks ok so far.

🤞

Thats good to hear! 😊

• Like 1
tanacharison
8 hours ago, mitten_reef said:

A series of two unfortunate events this morning:

1. I manually activated the dosing pump and forgot about it for about an hour(?, it turned itself off eventually). 

2. The results of that caused the rainbow BTA to go on a walk, right into the power head. 

Alk is around 10 dKH, can’t do much with water change until I get to LFS. I only have RSCP on hands, and that will more likely to raise the alk. Did 5 gallons wc anyway cuz the water was getting a bit cloudy, not sure if it was alk or BTA smoothie that actually caused it.  

So much for a good stable 2019. 

🤞🤞

I didn't lose anything during my spike.. I actually started seeing more issues when it dropped below my usual levels from not running a dosing pump for two weeks. Only lost 2 acro frags 

• Like 1
mitten_reef
40 minutes ago, tanacharison said:

I didn't lose anything during my spike.. I actually started seeing more issues when it dropped below my usual levels from not running a dosing pump for two weeks. Only lost 2 acro frags 

Thanks. How’s the move coming along? 

I was glad that the spike was still within reasonably acceptable level.  I was actually just wondering if my tank was getting in the dangerously low alk territory.  

• Like 1
tanacharison
2 minutes ago, mitten_reef said:

Thanks. How’s the move coming along? 

I was glad that the spike was still within reasonably acceptable level.  I was actually just wondering if my tank was getting in the dangerously low alk territory.  

Well all my non aquarium shits packed. Just looking around for a tank and stand. I'll be traveling a shit ton the next year so I'm also looking at more automation maybe a auto filter roller and feeder. You feel like trying more homebrew? I have 3 different beers ready to go!

• Like 1
mitten_reef
37 minutes ago, FISHnChix said:

Where the fts buddy???😊

Looks very empty right now. I officially removed all the plating monti’s. Got one pretty bad ass rock to start mounting the remaining acros. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1
  • Wow 1
mitten_reef
1 hour ago, FISHnChix said:

Where the fts buddy???😊

Here ya go. Crappy iPhone pic  

47776413131_e0f735133d_b.jpg

Look at all the new real estate for acros 😁.  

I feel like if things were to go south from this morning incident, I won’t be sitting here with this picture right now. 

• Like 3
FISHnChix
37 minutes ago, mitten_reef said:

Here ya go. Crappy iPhone pic  

47776413131_e0f735133d_b.jpg

Look at all the new real estate for acros 😁.  

I feel like if things were to go south from this morning incident, I won’t be sitting here with this picture right now. 

Dang talk about a hair cut... I'm sure you will be filling it in shorty 🤙

• Like 2
mitten_reef
1 hour ago, DaveFason said:

So, no more Rut Monti?!?!

Haha, I still have a small chunk or two in the tank. I broke off a small piece of each monti that I took in - just in case, I miss them. 😅.  It it will probably take a while for it to grow to the old size, which should allow acros to take the front seat on growing. 

• Like 2
mitten_reef

Just thought I should put this good bye in the journal.

RIP BTA - this probably was one of the best BTA photos I’ve got.

P3170562

Everything still looks good so far in the tank 5 days now after the alk incident on Saturday morning. 

• Sad 8
  • Wow 1
billygoat
18 minutes ago, mitten_reef said:

Just thought I should put this good bye in the journal.

RIP BTA - this probably was one of the best BTA photos I’ve got.

P3170562

Everything still looks good so far in the tank 5 days now after the alk incident on Saturday morning. 

Truly a gorgeous animal. It will be missed 😢

• Like 2
mitten_reef
On 5/4/2019 at 9:21 PM, tanacharison said:

Well all my non aquarium shits packed. Just looking around for a tank and stand. I'll be traveling a shit ton the next year so I'm also looking at more automation maybe a auto filter roller and feeder. You feel like trying more homebrew? I have 3 different beers ready to go!

Always up for some brews. How much longer r u gonna be at the address that I have?  I still owe you a few. 

tanacharison
5 minutes ago, mitten_reef said:

Always up for some brews. How much longer r u gonna be at the address that I have?  I still owe you a few. 

I'm out mid June. Sucks on the BTA it was a really nice one. I've only had one bubble tip and it was years ago during my dark noob days... Didn't have much luck. On a positive I'm like a month or so from the doser fail and my sps are coloring up again. 

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
mitten_reef
47872321381_3a28e4f070_b.jpg

46956173795_b9b4f6897a_b.jpg

47872321411_57e70f865f_b.jpg

Post-water change iPhone pics. 

The tank is almost bare bottom. Been be having these little fluff balls algae that stuck to the grain of sand. The algae got to almost a “bloom” status the past couple weeks ever since the BTA got turned into smoothie. So I’ve been siphoning out all the algae infested areas. Nothing took hold on the rock yet 🤞.  

• Like 4
banasophia

Looking so good! I’d love to put in a special request for close ups of two of your corals that are looking extra nice, if you get a chance!!! 🙏🤗

142FA8D3-E78C-45A1-83F8-598AB69F197B.thumb.jpeg.2840161886e6c3fac54d479595bfd7bd.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
mitten_reef
12 minutes ago, banasophia said:

Looking so good! I’d love to put in a special request for close ups of two of your corals that are looking extra nice, if you get a chance!!! 🙏🤗

142FA8D3-E78C-45A1-83F8-598AB69F197B.thumb.jpeg.2840161886e6c3fac54d479595bfd7bd.jpeg

Thanks! i'll be sure to get them with the real camera, hopefully later this wknd.  

man the glass is real dirty, it didn't look as bad in-person or on iphone (just looked at this on laptop 😓

• Like 1
Just now, mitten_reef said:

ok, i'll be sure to get them with the real camera, hopefully later this wknd.  

man the glass is real dirty, it doesn't look as bad in-person on on iphone (just looked at this on laptop 😓

You should see my glass :lol: tank is need of some help.............aptasia are going nuts.........and algae to.............

Yours looks good !

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
mitten_reef
25 minutes ago, spectra said:

You should see my glass :lol: tank is need of some help.............aptasia are going nuts.........and algae to.............

Yours looks good !

thanks man!   I haven't had any run-in with aiptasia in a long while, hopefully it stays that way.  I did just got a big new live rock from LFS, so hoping it's clean of any nasties.   I do have some bubble algae on a few frags that I scraped off a handful tonight.  Just gotta stay on top of it! 

• Like 4
mitten_reef

Just a small update - camera died after a few pics, oops

P5230590.thumb.JPG.a65fb2d68f9a8c468ecad96db09572bf.JPG

@banasophia here are the acans, they're not very expanded today.  

P5230592.thumb.jpg.fdf08dde5d8f2c4dc18e99c4d09e5243.jpgP5230593.thumb.jpg.932fd3d8f3b3d52284ba40f065cff3f2.jpg

The one that got cropped at the bottom was attacked by a nearby yuma a few days ago, sigh, thought these guys were the mean ones.  guess yumas are meaner (or more mean 🤔?)

P5230594.thumb.jpg.9913fe3f3279f6a495e807bf04d873b8.jpg

• Like 7
banasophia
3 hours ago, mitten_reef said:

Just a small update - camera died after a few pics, oops

P5230590.thumb.JPG.a65fb2d68f9a8c468ecad96db09572bf.JPG

@banasophia here are the acans, they're not very expanded today.  

P5230592.thumb.jpg.fdf08dde5d8f2c4dc18e99c4d09e5243.jpgP5230593.thumb.jpg.932fd3d8f3b3d52284ba40f065cff3f2.jpg

The one that got cropped at the bottom was attacked by a nearby yuma a few days ago, sigh, thought these guys were the mean ones.  guess yumas are meaner (or more mean 🤔?)

P5230594.thumb.jpg.9913fe3f3279f6a495e807bf04d873b8.jpg

Oh, very nice! 😍 Thanks for posting!! I especially love those types that look like they are knit together... I hope to get one someday. 

Yes, I’m surprised about the yumas too... I also would have thought the acans would have won that battle. Maybe be good info to post in that coral wars thread if you get a chance. 

• Like 2
8 hours ago, mitten_reef said:

I thought the same thing. I had some that took out my acans and even went after my BTA....the BTA Yuma battle was a draw 🤷‍♂️

• Wow 2