mitten_reef

Mitten_reef’s IM30L - Nov 10 pics

spectra
30 minutes ago, mitten_reef said:

Guess I now only have two colonies to deal with. Doing an extra water change today because of all the melted tissue of the dead colony. Fishing out the dead skeleton too. 

Yeah it sucks...........I bought a big one and well 1 month it was great and even encrusting...............then came home one day to RTN..............all other corals were fine.........fragged it up and still lost everything.

• Like 1

mitten_reef
4 hours ago, StinkyBunny said:

I transship 6+" colonies all the time with VERY few losses. I might lose 6 colonies a year.

Oh, and shipping might be one stress. But the LFS guy also dunk all arrivals in a tub of Bayer mix. That might have something to do with it. 

2 hours ago, second_decimal said:

aghh, no bueno...

Hey 👋 welcome. I think that might be your first post here 😄. If it wasn’t, sorry I missed it. I noticed you’ve gone thru the whole thread. 😄

• Like 1

mitten_reef
1 hour ago, spectra said:

Yeah it sucks...........I bought a big one and well 1 month it was great and even encrusting...............then came home one day to RTN..............all other corals were fine.........fragged it up and still lost everything.

I still got one more branch that hadn’t shown any signs. But who knows it could be bone white tomorrow, not holding my breath on a survivor from that colony at this point. 

• Like 1

ninjamyst

I never have much luck with mariculture colonies either.  They tend to loose their color too.  I am hoping your remaining two colonies do well!  

• Like 2

mitten_reef
22 hours ago, ninjamyst said:

I never have much luck with mariculture colonies either.  They tend to loose their color too.  I am hoping your remaining two colonies do well!  

So far so good on the other two. Even the sun coras seem to be making good progress. 

6 hours ago, StinkyBunny said:

Yes. It's all my girl uses on Acro and Montipora colonies.

Will be my next dip purchase then. 

• Like 2

DSFIRSTSLTWATER

Sorry to hear about the losses man 😞. Hope everything else is ok.

• Like 1

StinkyBunny
On 12/13/2019 at 12:51 AM, ninjamyst said:

I hate most maricultured stock other than Montiporas from one supplier in Indo. His Montis are top notch and the colour rebounds within 2 weeks. I'm not a stick guy, that's why I have someone deal with them, too damn much money to lose on an Aussie colony shipment.

• Like 1