Jump to content
mitten_reef

Mitten_reef’s IM30L: Dino 🤬

Recommended Posts

mitten_reef
Just now, Tamberav said:

 

Hey that describes my frag racks! :unsure:

That’s been the same for me. Got a chance to play around with the ocean wonder rack at a local swap, and decided it was worth the “investment”. 😅 

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
TatorTaco
8 hours ago, mitten_reef said:

 

 

I sometimes bring home a “new” coral, just to find out I already have one.  Don’t you just hate that sometimes?

 

FF550244-00D6-4E75-8989-59DA0F75E0DF.jpeg

 

I’m glad to see I’m not the only reefer that has experienced this problem. I currently have 2 frags on my rack that I already have copies of secured to the rockwork. My wife teases me about this when I come home and realize what I’ve done. Now, I try to take pics of my tank before I go to the LFS so I stop buying duplicates. 

  • Like 3
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
mitten_reef
3 hours ago, TatorTaco said:

 

I’m glad to see I’m not the only reefer that has experienced this problem. I currently have 2 frags on my rack that I already have copies of secured to the rockwork. My wife teases me about this when I come home and realize what I’ve done. Now, I try to take pics of my tank before I go to the LFS so I stop buying duplicates. 

😂 I guess once we like something, we just really like them.

I’ve repeated on the rics a few times in the past, and definitely on acans too.  I tried not to let the wife know 🤷🏻‍♂️ 😅

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
mitten_reef
21 hours ago, Tamberav said:

What I can see looks good ..where a FTS? 😛

Here ya go. I love how sleek the new rack from ocean wonder looks. 

06B3F654-2FF8-4A1F-B566-C4B5E4BB251D.jpeg

  • Like 5
  • Wow 1

Share this post


Link to post
--chris--

That (Milli) in the lower right, dang!!!!  Is that all encrusting or something else?  Tank is looking great btw 👍

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
mitten_reef
1 hour ago, --chris-- said:

That (Milli) in the lower right, dang!!!!  Is that all encrusting or something else?  Tank is looking great btw 👍

Hey thanks! 

 

I don't know what type of acro that is, but it encrusted almost that entire rock before shooting up the branches.  I never thought it could be a millie, but it has similar dense polyp patterns.    

Share this post


Link to post
mitten_reef

Northern Michigan sunset

 

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
mitten_reef

More than 80% sure I have dino. Just sucked out two 5-gallon buckets of floaty, sticky, stringy, bubbly slime.  It remains suspended in the waste buckets. 

 

Doing water change now, and introducing some bacteria mix by aquavitro called Remediation. 

 

 

 

  • Like 1
  • Sad 3

Share this post


Link to post
WV Reefer
1 hour ago, mitten_reef said:

More than 80% sure I have dino. Just sucked out two 5-gallon buckets of floaty, sticky, stringy, bubbly slime.  It remains suspended in the waste buckets. 

 

Doing water change now, and introducing some bacteria mix by aquavitro called Remediation. 

 

 

 

 

That’s a bummer. 🙁

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
ninjamyst

i came back from a week in Canada and lost two fish, a red digi, and GHA is overtaking a rock...sigh.  I am guessing Dino is from your vacation too?

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
TatorTaco

Dinos are the worst. I’ve leaned that I can keep mine at bay with a UV Sterilizer, but it pops back up within a week if I turn it off. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
mitten_reef
8 hours ago, ninjamyst said:

i came back from a week in Canada and lost two fish, a red digi, and GHA is overtaking a rock...sigh.  I am guessing Dino is from your vacation too?

Yeah, this last camping trip did it. I think I was mostly keeping it at bay the last 2-3 weeks. So far, still not seeing any of it on the rocks. 🤞  Just on the frag rack, filter floss, and tank walls. 

4 hours ago, TatorTaco said:

Dinos are the worst. I’ve leaned that I can keep mine at bay with a UV Sterilizer, but it pops back up within a week if I turn it off. 

Good to know, Thanks!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
mitten_reef

did another 5 gallon water change tonight.  There wasn't much in the water column after scraping the glass.  

I also cut the lighting intensity down to half of what i was running the other night.  So between reduced light, major "manual" removal on thursday, introducing new bacteria, the dino growth appeared to have slowed down a bit tonight.  Sure glad the tank is currently bare bottom.  

 

Lost CC needle in a haystack, it was not doing well to begin with.  

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recommended Discussions

×
×
  • Create New...