mitten_reef

Mitten_reef’s IM30L - a few random pics

mitten_reef

This page desperately needs a decent coral photo. Let’s go with this one.B6B6C7B0-4768-4AC9-9C1D-843C7D46C7C2.thumb.jpeg.fd99f2ae60291d829f5765dfd86495bb.jpeg

Edited by mitten_reef
Oops, looks like it just bumps to the new page. 😂
  • Like 8

FISHnChix
47 minutes ago, mitten_reef said:

Ok, two really tiny scoops see pic below. That’s the little tiny spoon that comes with one of the Red Sea test kits, either Ca or Mg I don’t remember.  The lid of the little reef roid jar is what the scoop is sitting on. 
I put this in one of those 2-oz plastic to-go sauce cup, fill mostly full with tank water, shake it to mix, then target feed the acros. I give a small puff around frag/colony areas, with all pumps off. Let it sit til the pumps come back on on their own (both the gyre and the mighty jet return pumps have 10 min feed timer). The food that didn’t “fall” on the polyps just kinda get redistributed around the tank afterward for a second feeding. 
I try to feed sparingly because I have no filtration beyond the floss at the overflow. 

when I do frozen food for fish, the torch and acan do get little squirts of frozen mix liquid.  Usually thaw half a cube in the 2-oz cup also.  
Is that too much info? 😂

860A2B1D-6AEA-4B52-9173-9C6629ABA50E.thumb.jpeg.b5dc197e36fe099eb79b598da7bf10f1.jpeg

Nope perfect😎

• Like 1

DreC80
9 minutes ago, mitten_reef said:

This page desperately needs a decent coral photo. Let’s go with this one.B6B6C7B0-4768-4AC9-9C1D-843C7D46C7C2.thumb.jpeg.fd99f2ae60291d829f5765dfd86495bb.jpeg

Is that the Fire Dragon?  It's looking good.

Is that a Leng Sy cap in the background?

• Like 1

mitten_reef
30 minutes ago, DreC80 said:

Is that the Fire Dragon?  It's looking good.

Is that a Leng Sy cap in the background?

Yes and yes! good eyes on the leng sy. If you go back far enough, it used to be the centerpiece of my tank. I may have that in historical fts in the first post  

DreC80
1 minute ago, mitten_reef said:

Yes and yes! good eyes on the leng sy. If you go back far enough, it used to be the centerpiece of my tank. I may have that in historical fts in the first post  

Very cool, another underrated old school SPS.  I read an article on Reef Builders about the Leng Sy cap and they believe elevated mag (1400+ ppm) helps bring out the bright growth rim color. 

• Like 2

jservedio
1 hour ago, mitten_reef said:

Looking awesome!

• Thanks 1

mitten_reef
15 minutes ago, DreC80 said:

Very cool, another underrated old school SPS.  I read an article on Reef Builders about the Leng Sy cap and they believe elevated mag (1400+ ppm) helps bring out the bright growth rim color. 

Here’s back in its heyday

Right now it’s just resting and waiting for when I have a tank with more room to grow more monti’s again. 😂

• Like 5

DreC80
2 minutes ago, mitten_reef said:

Here’s back in its heyday

Right now it’s just resting and waiting for when I have a tank with more room to grow more monti’s again. 😂

That looked/looks really good.  Definitely have to have space for caps.  I hear the Reefer XL425 has plenty of space😄

• Haha 2
  • Thanks 1

spectra
41 minutes ago, DreC80 said:

That looked/looks really good.  Definitely have to have space for caps.  I hear the Reefer XL425 has plenty of space😄

Thats to big of a tank for the mitten kitten.................

Some dy maybe he will graduate......................

• Haha 3

FISHnChix
9 hours ago, spectra said:

Thats to big of a tank for the mitten kitten.................

😉

source (2).gif

• Haha 1

mitten_reef
21 hours ago, spectra said:

baby step, first we'll first graduate to a small sump system.  😄 but we'll have to do it in style. 😉

• Like 1
  • Wow 1