inTank Media Baskets

Mitten_reef’s IM30L

mitten_reef

Just now, Tamberav said:

Hey that describes my frag racks! :unsure:

That’s been the same for me. Got a chance to play around with the ocean wonder rack at a local swap, and decided it was worth the “investment”. 😅 

• Like 1
8 hours ago, mitten_reef said:

I sometimes bring home a “new” coral, just to find out I already have one.  Don’t you just hate that sometimes?

FF550244-00D6-4E75-8989-59DA0F75E0DF.jpeg

I’m glad to see I’m not the only reefer that has experienced this problem. I currently have 2 frags on my rack that I already have copies of secured to the rockwork. My wife teases me about this when I come home and realize what I’ve done. Now, I try to take pics of my tank before I go to the LFS so I stop buying duplicates. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 2
3 hours ago, TatorTaco said:

I’m glad to see I’m not the only reefer that has experienced this problem. I currently have 2 frags on my rack that I already have copies of secured to the rockwork. My wife teases me about this when I come home and realize what I’ve done. Now, I try to take pics of my tank before I go to the LFS so I stop buying duplicates. 

😂 I guess once we like something, we just really like them.

I’ve repeated on the rics a few times in the past, and definitely on acans too.  I tried not to let the wife know 🤷🏻‍♂️ 😅

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
1 hour ago, --chris-- said:

That (Milli) in the lower right, dang!!!!  Is that all encrusting or something else?  Tank is looking great btw 👍

Hey thanks! 

I don't know what type of acro that is, but it encrusted almost that entire rock before shooting up the branches.  I never thought it could be a millie, but it has similar dense polyp patterns.    

More than 80% sure I have dino. Just sucked out two 5-gallon buckets of floaty, sticky, stringy, bubbly slime.  It remains suspended in the waste buckets. 

Doing water change now, and introducing some bacteria mix by aquavitro called Remediation. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 3
1 hour ago, mitten_reef said:

More than 80% sure I have dino. Just sucked out two 5-gallon buckets of floaty, sticky, stringy, bubbly slime.  It remains suspended in the waste buckets. 

Doing water change now, and introducing some bacteria mix by aquavitro called Remediation. 

That’s a bummer. 🙁

• Like 2

Dinos are the worst. I’ve leaned that I can keep mine at bay with a UV Sterilizer, but it pops back up within a week if I turn it off. 

• Like 2
8 hours ago, ninjamyst said:

i came back from a week in Canada and lost two fish, a red digi, and GHA is overtaking a rock...sigh.  I am guessing Dino is from your vacation too?

Yeah, this last camping trip did it. I think I was mostly keeping it at bay the last 2-3 weeks. So far, still not seeing any of it on the rocks. 🤞  Just on the frag rack, filter floss, and tank walls. 

4 hours ago, TatorTaco said:

Dinos are the worst. I’ve leaned that I can keep mine at bay with a UV Sterilizer, but it pops back up within a week if I turn it off. 

Good to know, Thanks!

• Like 1

did another 5 gallon water change tonight.  There wasn't much in the water column after scraping the glass.  

I also cut the lighting intensity down to half of what i was running the other night.  So between reduced light, major "manual" removal on thursday, introducing new bacteria, the dino growth appeared to have slowed down a bit tonight.  Sure glad the tank is currently bare bottom.  

Lost CC needle in a haystack, it was not doing well to begin with.  

• Like 1

didn't even have to scrape anything off the glass today...woop woop.  Did another 5 gallon wc tonight.  Still not confident enough to raise the light level yet, but may give it an extra day before the next water change and see how it goes.    

• Like 3
23 hours ago, spectra said:

Dont get any splinters :lol:

Really wish I could afford composite boards to avoid splinter for the kiddo. 

22 hours ago, ninjamyst said:

can you come over and redo my deck?  i will give you a frag of GSP.  hahaha

Hmm so enticing 😂. But more seriously tho, I’ve been slowly planting a seed for a RAP-Chicago trip in October.  Do you have any plan to go to that?

2 hours ago, mitten_reef said:

Really wish I could afford composite boards to avoid splinter for the kiddo. 

Hmm so enticing 😂. But more seriously tho, I’ve been slowly planting a seed for a RAP-Chicago trip in October.  Do you have any plan to go to that?

i will be at a wedding in Jamaica =(

• Sad 1
7 minutes ago, mitten_reef said:

Bummer on RAP 🙁. but destination wedding sounds a lot more fun anyway. 

I rather go to RAP.  Plane ticket alone was $800 a person.  Hotel is $400 a night.  My wife is part of bridal party so kinda have to go....sigh

• Wow 1
On 8/28/2019 at 10:21 PM, ninjamyst said:

I rather go to RAP.  Plane ticket alone was $800 a person.  Hotel is $400 a night.  My wife is part of bridal party so kinda have to go....sigh

That’s a lot of coral shopping funds 🤔😉

• Haha 1