SaltCritters.com

Mitten_reef’s IM30L

mitten_reef

2 hours ago, ECLS Reefer said:

Wait. That’s not the new tank.... did you just bring it up from the basement?

From former’s basement, to current dining room.  We handed over the keys on Wednesday night. 

Wifey wanted to do a lot of things to the new house re: painting and flooring.  So there was never a chance to set up the new tank prior to move as planned 🤷🏻‍♂️.  But now the basement is completely re-finished, it’s gonna be a much more enjoyable space to relax with the tank. 

• Like 4
On 12/28/2020 at 6:04 AM, mitten_reef said:

Moving days - today and tomorrow. Tank will be the last thing to move.  
new tank location, the walls still need a new coat of paint. 

EA305F52-CC2F-4957-913A-66E43545F1DC.thumb.jpeg.84dd163f81a84c89ab9ff022c10e13ee.jpeg

Going to be a nice space buddy. Is that a little closet to the right? Or should I say sump/filter room??

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
5 hours ago, FISHnChix said:

Going to be a nice space buddy. Is that a little closet to the right? Or should I say sump/filter room??

Thanks!  That’s where the incoming water line and the water meter is hiding. Really tiny, not worth stashing anything. 

• Like 1
On 1/1/2021 at 9:04 PM, mitten_reef said:

Thanks!  That’s where the incoming water line and the water meter is hiding. Really tiny, not worth stashing anything. 

In the south, we have our water meters a few feet from the curb and they're in a contained little box in the dirt.  As a boy, those were the BEST spots to find toads as they enjoyed the cool/dark area.  I assume the frogs stayed fat and healthy with the worms and bugs that fell down in there.  

No idea why I'm sharing this. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ I thought a water meter indoors was odd to me, so maybe the idea of a meter being installed/buried in folks' front yard would be equally strange to you? 

• Haha 4
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...