Top Shelf Aquatics

Bubble Tip Appreciation and Information

Renstar

First BTA. Just added, looking forward to see how it goes.DSC_0092_zps8y4ahgfz.jpg

It's looking happy already. Really like the specks on it. Welcome to the BTA club :D

My tiny reef

Picked up my first RBTA Saturday. It didn't like the spot I picked for it, I think there too much flow. It moved to the other side of the rock over night. Seems to have settled into a new place, but now it's on the outer side of the tank so will not get as much light. And my clowns always hang out on the other side of the tank so may not find it and host it like I was hoping. What are you feeding yours and how often? Mine is still fairly small, although as it settles and inflates it may look bigger.

image_163.jpeg

• Like 2

Picked up my first RBTA Saturday. It didn't like the spot I picked for it, I think there too much flow. It moved to the other side of the rock over night. Seems to have settled into a new place, but now it's on the outer side of the tank so will not get as much light. And my clowns always hang out on the other side of the tank so may not find it and host it like I was hoping. What are you feeding yours and how often? Mine is still fairly small, although as it settles and inflates it may look bigger.

Great looking BTA! I've been feeding mine mostly mysis every 2 days. I've been trying to see if I could feed split them. Although, I'll be picking up some silversides and chopping them up in half this week to see how they take to them.

All of my BTA's stayed in the same spot I placed them for about a week. Then over the course of the following week they move into their current destination. Haven't seen any movement since. If it isn't getting as much light I'm pretty sure it'll eventually move in order to get more. Just don't change any of your powerhead locations since even the slightest change in flow might make them unhappy and move.

StinkyBunny

So I took some pictures yesterday.. Something weird. My sunburst has 2 mouths. I think it might be getting ready to split. What do you think?

13823642_10154412765390152_513880060_n.j

Yep, you'll soon have 2.

Here's mine, I also have a RBTA.

hVs5NsZ.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

2016-08-19%2017.20.39_zpsgxcz1dlr.jpg

2016-09-01%2023.30.03-1_zpstm011yop.jpg

I have eight green bubble tip anemones but the stars of the show are my two orange/red bubble tip anemones. Same anemones in each photo but under different lighting systems.

• Like 2
  • 6 months later...
On 3/28/2017 at 7:21 PM, Shoob1e said:

Anyone in cali have some rare ones? Im loooking for like 3-5bta  for my lagoon

I know someone in that area that has some nice BTA's.  Rare one's typically run 500+ each if you aren't already aware of that.  Shoot me a PM if you're interested and I can set something up for you.

37 minutes ago, Renstar said:

I love it when they stay bubbly.  Great looking specimen! 

Thank you! I have had him since he was the size of a ping pong ball. It took a year for him to get this big and he split for the first time last week!

• Like 1

I added a BTA to my tank a week ago, after deciding to add the anenome before I got a clownfish to let it establish.  It seems to have found a spot it likes and is healthy...Can I add a clownfish without worrying about any issues at this time, or would it be best for the BTA to wait a little longer before adding the clown?

thanks!

1 minute ago, rcar86 said:

I added a BTA to my tank a week ago, after deciding to add the anenome before I got a clownfish to let it establish.  It seems to have found a spot it likes and is healthy...Can I add a clownfish without worrying about any issues at this time, or would it be best for the BTA to wait a little longer before adding the clown?

thanks!

Honestly, you could have added a clown at any time.  Whether it decides to go into or not is hit or miss.  For example lately I've had one of my BTA's go for a walk around the tank to find a new spot.  The clown that's in that specific nem followed it all the way to its final destination.  Was pretty cool to see.  The worst case scenario which happened to me as well is that the clowns stress out the BTA to the point where it splits but technically that's a pro since now you have 2.

19 minutes ago, Renstar said:

Honestly, you could have added a clown at any time.  Whether it decides to go into or not is hit or miss.  For example lately I've had one of my BTA's go for a walk around the tank to find a new spot.  The clown that's in that specific nem followed it all the way to its final destination.  Was pretty cool to see.  The worst case scenario which happened to me as well is that the clowns stress out the BTA to the point where it splits but technically that's a pro since now you have 2.

Cool. Thanks for the reply!  Guess I was just being overly cautious, which is never a bad thing.  I am looking forward to seeing how it all plays out with my first BTA.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, rcar86 said:

Cool. Thanks for the reply!  Guess I was just being overly cautious, which is never a bad thing.  I am looking forward to seeing how it all plays out with my first BTA.

Definitely never a bad thing.  Good luck with the new clowns! I hope they take to your anemone quickly.

• 1 year later...
On 7/22/2016 at 9:34 PM, AlejandroDelRey said:

The tentacles look so weird (not in a bad way). Cool.

if im correct then it came from a very high turbulent flow. my BW does that when i turn off the pumps from time to time. beautiful nem btw!:) how is it doing now?

4 minutes ago, tHeKrAk3N said:

if im correct then it came from a very high turbulent flow. my BW does that when i turn off the pumps from time to time. beautiful nem btw!:) how is it doing now?

On 7/18/2016 at 11:16 AM, Renstar said:

Just because I'm absolutely in love with her.. Here's another picture.

9D9C04CB-EA06-49E1-9C14-E12A334BC1CF.jpg

• 2 years later...