Top Shelf Aquatics

Micro-Reefs introduces our 4.7 gallon Cold Water Aquarium!

Micro-Reefs Aquariums

Micro-Reefs Aquariums

Dual probes ensure 55F degrees of COOLNESS!

27464955431_11450aae8f_z.jpg

SHIPS WITH BASE TO HOUSE PROBES / MAKING SYSTEM SLEEK IN DESIGN

26928885343_6938e2c1b2_z.jpg

MEDIA BASKET CONTOURS THE PROBE ALLOWING FOR OPTIMUM MEDIA

26928916793_718bc298d3_z.jpg

THIS IS WHAT THIS SYSTEM CAN LOOK LIKE WHEN STOCKED

27465117121_25637a29c3_z.jpg

• Like 8
Micro-Reefs Aquariums

That's one hella slick piece of coldwater hardware!

Thanks,

It's been tested quietly in my shop since Feb and holding 21 degrees variance! The key is the give the general public reefing community the opportunity to enjoy a cold water system in 2 gallons, 4.7 gallons using the the probes, trying to get two probes to work on 7.2. Then I offer the 17 gallon with a compressor chiller.

The smaller units are quiet and work nice for homes that just don't want a compressor based chiller making so much noise.

This is extremely awesome!

Thanks,

I think the ability to own your own piece of the Pacific Ocean says something.... It's a trend that is coming, and I want to be part of it when it takes off.....

• Like 2
  • 1 month later...
Micro-Reefs Aquariums

The cold water family is growing,,,,, check out my site..... :) A family of coolness all running at 55 F degrees.... Your pick; 7.2, 4.8 or 2 gallons... All run silent with no compressor based noise, easily run it in your room and just run the magic behind the scenes in our hidden base is the chillers....

28157744421_3a7825fa69_z.jpg

• Like 2
Micro-Reefs Aquariums

I just need to now convince my wife we need a cold water system....lol

She will convince you, it's going to be a growing fad that I hope many will enjoy. Just enjoy a small slice of the PACIFIC OCEAN with our 2 gallon horizontal or vertical series Micro-Reefs system!

Both are in stock and will ship out on order!

squamptonbc

I am working on getting the gov't of Canada to inform me of what the rules are here collection wise, nobody on the local reef board seems to have any cold water, or they are not admitting they do, for all I know it could be illegal here to collect for home use, and there doesn't seem to be any Canadian supplier that I can find that does cold water livestock.

Suppose I could buy an oyster or 2 from the grocery store.....lol

She will convince you, it's going to be a growing fad that I hope many will enjoy. Just enjoy a small slice of the PACIFIC OCEAN with our 2 gallon horizontal or vertical series Micro-Reefs system!

Both are in stock and will ship out on order!

• Like 1
Micro-Reefs Aquariums

I am working on getting the gov't of Canada to inform me of what the rules are here collection wise, nobody on the local reef board seems to have any cold water, or they are not admitting they do, for all I know it could be illegal here to collect for home use, and there doesn't seem to be any Canadian supplier that I can find that does cold water livestock.

Suppose I could buy an oyster or 2 from the grocery store.....lol

This is a good post for Josh or Stu from COLD WATER MARINE AQUATICS to chime and give us directions.....

• Like 1
AquaticEngineer

This is a good post for Josh or Stu from COLD WATER MARINE AQUATICS to chime and give us directions.....

Posted on his original thread in the Biotopes forum :)

BC inverts you can collect, Fish are a no go though.

• 3 years later...
On 6/8/2016 at 4:23 AM, mikeguerrero said:

Dual probes ensure 55F degrees of COOLNESS!

27464955431_11450aae8f_z.jpg

SHIPS WITH BASE TO HOUSE PROBES / MAKING SYSTEM SLEEK IN DESIGN

26928885343_6938e2c1b2_z.jpg

MEDIA BASKET CONTOURS THE PROBE ALLOWING FOR OPTIMUM MEDIA

26928916793_718bc298d3_z.jpg

THIS IS WHAT THIS SYSTEM CAN LOOK LIKE WHEN STOCKED

27465117121_25637a29c3_z.jpg

Pun intended, Super Cool 😎

• Haha 1
DISQUALIFIED-QQ

As a native Southern Californian this is so freaking awesome to see my backyard animals are able to be kept at home. I love how having temperate species is becoming more approachable than it has before.

• Like 1
Micro-Reefs Aquariums
On 2/16/2020 at 6:45 PM, Pjanssen said:

Pun intended, Super Cool 😎

Double the the probe, double the coolness right?

• Like 1
Micro-Reefs Aquariums
7 hours ago, Diamonds x Pearls said:

As a native Southern Californian this is so freaking awesome to see my backyard animals are able to be kept at home. I love how having temperate species is becoming more approachable than it has before.

You are among a selection of the elite reefers and very little of you exist in my opinion regarding having a piece of the Pacific ocean to view in your home!  My dream is to be able to bring Pacific into the reefing world of Tropical fans all over the United States... 

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
Micro-Reefs Aquariums
On 2/17/2020 at 10:52 PM, Tigahboy said:

This is so sweet!  

Tigah its been years, so awesome to see you post on my old thread....

I hope to bring back the cold water systems strong this year....

• Like 4
3 hours ago, mikeguerrero said:

Tigah its been years, so awesome to see you post on my old thread....

I hope to bring back the cold water systems strong this year....

Class of 2004 reunion!  Looking forward to it!  

• Like 3

I had a small 1.5 gal acrylic tank that I kept at my office, with a catalina goby  in it. It had a fan on it most of the time, the office was freezing cold on the side where I worked, so it kept it in the low to mid 50s when the AC was on. Evap was nuts, and I was topping off by hand. It was a great fish, like a lot of gobies, great personality. He lasted 14 months, in retrospect I should have had a proper home for him.  Looking forward to seeing this for sale soon.

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...
Micro-Reefs Aquariums
On 2/28/2020 at 8:13 PM, ValerieR said:

Is there a website for this?

Yes, 

You can click on my banner and view a lot on cold water systems or tropical.... If you have any other questions, feel free to contact me via email...

Micro-Reefs Aquariums
On 2/28/2020 at 11:34 PM, Garf said:

I had a small 1.5 gal acrylic tank that I kept at my office, with a catalina goby  in it. It had a fan on it most of the time, the office was freezing cold on the side where I worked, so it kept it in the low to mid 50s when the AC was on. Evap was nuts, and I was topping off by hand. It was a great fish, like a lot of gobies, great personality. He lasted 14 months, in retrospect I should have had a proper home for him.  Looking forward to seeing this for sale soon.

Glad you shared your true experience on keeping the Catalina Goby with what was available to you.  When kept in the correct ecosystem, they do all sorts of things they never do in a tropical setup.  But being honest in this hobby is key to helping others on their exploration to find the correct ecosystem for corals, fish and critters....

Micro-Reefs Aquariums
On 3/2/2020 at 11:44 AM, Ratvan said:

Would love to see some more details on this set up

More will follow in the late summer, I am still in the shop learning how to use bender and new CNC machine, I got so much to give back our community since I left many years ago....  So, glad to be back!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
3 hours ago, mikeguerrero said:

More will follow in the late summer, I am still in the shop learning how to use bender and new CNC machine, I got so much to give back our community since I left many years ago....  So, glad to be back!

Welcome back! My little micro reefs tank is still going! Six years this June/July. 

• Like 3
  • Recommended Discussions