SaltCritters.com

NanoBox Mini Tide + Innovative Marine Concept Series GIVEAWAY

DaveFason

27486867106_67a75ddc84_c.jpg

You heard it right! NanoBox has teamed up with Innovative Marine for a month long GIVEAWAY! We will be giving away a Mini Tide Plus M and your choice for a Innovative Marine Abyss - Peninsula or Abyss - Panorama or Atoll - Cylinder.

How to enter?

Post a comment of what tank you would choose and how you would stock it.

How will we choose?

Everyone will be given a number and one lucky person will be randomly selected. The winner will receive the tank directly from Innovative Marine and the Mini Tide directly from NanoBox.

When will it end?

July 4th!

Enjoy and have fun!

-Dave

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply
smeagol108

I would the abyss pan and stock it with flaming prawn gobies, carribean sailfin blennies, and a pair of pink streaked wrasses. Lower shelf would have scoly, acans, with the acans building up the wall and upper shelf having sps reaching out. Some fathead dendros as well.

Oh, Abyss Peninsula for sure. Ricordea/zoa garden on the bottom, RFA garden on the top, and all sorts of tiny fish/inverts. Maybe a couple of tonga branches over the bend, with setosa or another bright coral extending towards the light.

I would go with the Abyss peninsula. Upper level a rock wall (bare bottom), lower level deep sand bed and branch rock. Home to SPS branching from the upper level and a zoa garden on the branch rocks below. Fish would be blue spotted jawfish pair and several fairy, flasher wrasse.

Tank Abyss Pan

SPS Clusters on top lots of flow!

bottom RFA with some rocks and softies higher up

and hopefully i can find a schooling group of fish!!

Awesome giveaway dave! thanks!

Tank: Abys Peninsula

Stock: If the overflow weirs were a little bit lower (Or if I can drill them to be lower) I would make it into a mangrove biotope tank. Mangroves sticking up above the water level on the higher side with some rock sticking up, bangaii cardinals in the deeper side. Try to replicate John Pennekamp mangrove sponges :)

JavaJacketOC

Abyss Peninsula - LPS dedicated tank. Mostly euphyllia, maybe some acans on the sand bed and some type of Goby/Pistol shrimp combo.

Edit: I like the cylinder but can't stop thinking about what I would do with a peninsula :)

I like the idea of making a rock flower anemone/macro garden based on a black sandbed & 3 tiered atolls of deeply pitted base rock. The Tide would be the final excuse to ditch my long-suffered & suffering PAR38 spot.

And I'd choose the curved Atoll to do it with so that my kids can compete over who can keep their side the most coralline-algae free. Because you can never have too much bent glass, provided you can get someone else to clean it.

Or maybe one of the dropoff models... ah heck, send me one of each and I'l decide in an epic tank-battle royale! ;)

Tank: abys peninsula

Stocking: mated jawfish pair, acro's on top with acans underneath. Zoo's and p's across some Rock ruble on top of the jawfish burrorws.

HarryPotter

Tank: abyss peninsula (for college!!)

Stocking: top level plating montipora and some simple acros. Drop off wall covered with zoas, and the lower section filled with bubble tip anemones for my clownfish!

Tank: Abyss Peninsula

Stocking: Softy-ish tank, acan garden, ricordeas, and zoas along with some RFA and maybe some snowflake clowns

Tank: Concept Abyss Peninsula

Stock: My wife is dreaming about a full zoas garden. This would be a nice surprise for her.

GoingPostal

The Atoll and I'd like to do something with macro algae and softies. Kind of missing my leathers lately.

Tank: Peninsula.

Stocking: As many anemones as possible and two clowns.

Awesome giveaway, good luck everyone!

Archived