Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Teenyreef's IM40 Not-So-Teeny Tank - August FTS

teenyreef

Upon further review...the skimmer might work in chamber 1. It will all depend on whether enough water can make it past the skimmer body to get to the intake of the skimmer, and I won't be able to figure that out without just trying it. However, I've found a few build threads reporting using a 9004 this way, so I'm hopeful.

This hobby just wouldn't be fun without unexpected challenges :)

• Like 2
RIP Sebastian

Next up: unboxing the tank.

I dragged the box into the family room and opened it up. No signs of any damage. Whew!

27389754435_b76083d5bf_b.jpg20160601_011826.jpg by TeenyReef, on Flickr

I did notice that the pump, nicely padded with lots of bubble wrap, was sitting loose in the display chamber. I'm pretty sure it got loosed as the tank got turned upside down and sideways during the process of getting things unboxed. I didn't hear it moving around when I was unpacking, and there was no sign of damage.

27291662642_99d8e5a038_b.jpg20160601_012029.jpg by TeenyReef, on Flickr

Out of the box at last!

27356207546_47867a0fa8_b.jpg20160601_012210.jpg by TeenyReef, on Flickr

And, finally, out of the plastic wrap.

27291663942_7642677cbf_b.jpg20160601_012422.jpg by TeenyReef, on Flickr

It's not pushed back all the way, but it fits! omgomgomg

I was relieved :rolleyes:

27318683761_fdcc7a6501_b.jpg20160601_012559.jpg by TeenyReef, on Flickr

Right now, I've got it turned sideways so I can get everything installed and hooked up in the back chambers.

27318684811_fd0390c5f0_b.jpg20160601_012713.jpg by TeenyReef, on Flickr

Quick tip- I don't know if you did this with your ten gallon or not, but use a hairdryer to remove the backing on the acrylic. I tried without one on my 30 and I ended up scratching the acrylic a little!

Hope this helps,

Nick

• Like 2

Quick tip- I don't know if you did this with your ten gallon or not, but use a hairdryer to remove the backing on the acrylic. I tried without one on my 30 and I ended up scratching the acrylic a little!

Hope this helps,

Nick

That's a great tip, and I hadn't thought to do it that way. Thanks!

My live rock from KPA has been out for delivery on the FedEx truck since 8:30 this morning. Grrrrr.

Next time I need to remember to have them hold it for me at the FedEx office. I could have picked it up at 10:00 AM this morning instead of letting it cook in the truck all day.

• Like 2

It's the teeny-ager tank....

:D

:lol: love it

Just for you, teeny, I've prepped both my tanks for a photoshoot :D

Yes! B)

• Like 1

What the hell's going on in this thrad?!?!?!?!?

I should get the laser out tomorrow if I get home in time.

Woo hoo! Thanks again :)
  • Like 1

The live rock finally came! It's in great shape, smells clean, like it just came out of the ocean. I put it straight in one of the tubs so hopefully there will be minimal die off and cycling.

Is it bad that when it showed up I left the dinner table and didn't come back until it was all unboxed and in the tub?

Hmmmm...is it bad that my family was unsurprised by this behavior?

• Like 11
Slowtwitch

The live rock finally came! It's in great shape, smells clean, like it just came out of the ocean. I put it straight in one of the tubs so hopefully there will be minimal die off and cycling.

Is it bad that when it showed up I left the dinner table and didn't come back until it was all unboxed and in the tub?

I would have done the same...
  • Like 5

I am as excited for this build as my own!

That is a perfect fit it looks like, I would have been nervous, pls fit pls fit pls fit

• Like 1
blizzardscout2

No it is great! They recognized the urgency of the situation.

• Like 2
StinkyBunny

Oh yea, it's a common occurrence at our house. Sit down to dinner and the phone rings about a shipment that just landed at BWI. Off to the airport and eat while the fish are dripping in.

• Like 1

I am as excited for this build as my own!

That is a perfect fit it looks like, I would have been nervous, pls fit pls fit pls fit

That's exactly what I was thinking when I lifted it up on the counter :lol:

I would have done the same...

No it is great! They recognized the urgency of the situation.

Oh yea, it's a common occurrence at our house. Sit down to dinner and the phone rings about a shipment that just landed at BWI. Off to the airport and eat while the fish are dripping in.

Good to see we are all in agreement about how important it is to focus on the priorities in life :P

• Like 2