Pod Your Reef

Teenyreef's IM40 Not-So-Teeny Tank - August FTS

teenyreef

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Sorry, I'm not dead and neither is the tank 😀

Things have been crazy busy with work and I've just barely been keeping up on tank maintenance. I've lost two smaller corals due to attacks from nearby corals, but otherwise everything is doing fine and growing like crazy. 

The algae problem is mostly gone now, just a normal film on the glass. I credit regular water changes and patience for this. I have some persistent yellow/green cyano that grows in the low flow areas of the sand, which is mostly due to having so much stuff that there's no room for good flow down there. I just mix up the sand every few days and I'm waiting to see if it goes away with time.

I haven't had time to take lots of pictures, but I did get an FTS and a top down before June was over. Hope everyone is having a great summer!

2019-06-28 IM40 FTS:

2019-06-29 IM40 FTS

2019-06-28 IM40 Top Down

2019-06-28 IM40 Top Down

• Like 10
  • Wow 9
  • Thanks 1

Glad to see you didn't kick the bucket man !!! Also glad to hear things are going pretty good. 

I had no idea you had that many Acro's in the system and till they all turned to colonies lol. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
11 hours ago, teenyreef said:

Thanks everyone! I'm going to have to make time for some serious coral trimming soon. 

What a problem to have 😜

• Like 1

Thanks everyone! 

I trimmed the big Idaho grape montipora last night, and I'll be trimming the bigger sps colonies this weekend. The other big thing to work on is the mummy eye chalice which is encrusting over everything now. I haven't found much online about how to handle this. I'm going to try building a wall of superglue and epoxy on top of the outer edges,and see how that works. Another option might be to use kalk paste on the parts that need to be killed. Hmmmm... 

• Wow 1

That OME is a killer...........the sweepers on those things :whoa: /i have one also and well the milli next door is a little white.................

• Like 1
19 minutes ago, spectra said:

That OME is a killer...........the sweepers on those things :whoa: /i have one also and well the milli next door is a little white.................

Yeah, I've got some dead spots on nearby corals, so it's time to take action :furious:

• Like 2
5 hours ago, teenyreef said:

Sigh...I procrastinated 😪

RIP PC rainbow, JF fox flame, and CR planet superman. 

I can assist with the PC Rainbow and the JF Fox Flame. 

• Like 2
59 minutes ago, YHSublime said:

I can assist with the PC Rainbow and the JF Fox Flame. 

Thanks! As it happens, I might have some things to trade 🙂

• Like 2