inTank Media Baskets

Teenyreef's IM40 Not-So-Teeny Tank - August FTS

teenyreef

Nano sapiens
17 hours ago, teenyreef said:

New acans are starting to puff up:

20170507-untitled-058.jpg

Great photos!  While all the Acans are really nice, the aquamarine ones (next to the red/orange ones) are quite unique.  Good pick :)

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Gosh, I've fallen behind in so many threads including my own! Things have been super busy but I finally started to get caught up over the long weekend. Tonight I fed the fish and the corals, and then I did a week-overdue water change. While the water level was low, I took a bunch of update pictures. I uploaded them all on Flickr and I've posted just a few here for tonight. You can click on any of the pictures and it will take you to my Flickr account where you can see the rest if you don't want to wait for me to post the rest :D

Bubblegum monti looks like it growing arms :lol:

Bubblegum Montipora

Bird of Paradise

Rainbow Knockout Favia

RG Poinsettia Favia

Elkhorn Stag

Blueberry Shortcake Acro

• Like 15
3 hours ago, Reefkid88 said:

Hell yeah man,glad to see everything is coloring up and looking awesome for you !! 

Thanks! I hope things are going well! 

On 5/30/2017 at 0:26 PM, DaveFason said:

Looking great John! Looks like corals are starting to get the normal color back. 

-D

Thanks, Dave! Still struggling with reds and yellows but any color is good color :)

On 5/30/2017 at 11:57 AM, drgibby said:

Teeny Things are looking great!  

Here's a few more pictures of some of the other corals you sent!

JF Red Hot Setosa is slowly encrusting over the dead spots...

JF Red Hot Setosa

WWC Yellow Tips is doing great, but no yellows.

WWC Aussie Candlelight

Aussie Candlelights are recovering. One whole side of this frag was dead, now everything has grown back but the tip.

WWC Yellow Tips

Same for the Katropora, all green. Someday it will get more colors, I'm sure.

Katropora

Garf Bonsai is growing like crazy!

Garf Bonsai

The OG Stylo is in the 10g tank, but it's doing great. I'll try to get a picture this weekend.

• Like 9
11 hours ago, teenyreef said:

Here's a few more pictures of some of the other corals you sent!

JF Red Hot Setosa is slowly encrusting over the dead spots...

20170529-untitled-032-Edit.jpg

Same for the WWC Yellow Tips. One whole side of this frag was dead, now everything has grown back but the tip.

20170529-untitled-027-Edit.jpg

Aussie Candlelight is doing great, but no yellows.

20170529-untitled-015-Edit.jpg

Same for the Katropora, all green. Someday it will get more colors, I'm sure.

20170529-untitled-020-Edit.jpg

Garf Bonsai is growing like crazy!

20170529-untitled-021-Edit.jpg

The OG Stylo is in the 10g tank, but it's doing great. I'll try to get a picture this weekend.

That garf loves your tank! Im so happy they are all doing well with you.  Im with you though That Katropora couldn't be more green! Can't wait till it gets its original colors back

• Like 1
13 minutes ago, drgibby said:

That garf loves your tank! Im so happy they are all doing well with you.  Im with you though That Katropora couldn't be more green! Can't wait till it gets its original colors back

I'm going to slowly bump up the lights about 10%, and then increase the photoperiod by an hour. We'll see what happens then :)

10 hours ago, jack1978 said:

Great pics as usual Mr T! 

Love those favia!

Thanks, Jack! I'm looking forward to seeing the favia spread out, I think they will be a focal point for the tank some day.

• Like 1

Great pics, boy I love that bubble gum digi.  Great to hear the acros are growing over dead areas, that's such a good sign.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, markalot said:

Great pics, boy I love that bubble gum digi.  Great to hear the acros are growing over dead areas, that's such a good sign.

@natalia_la_loca sent me the bubblegum in exchange for some zoas. She likes the zoas, but I think I got the better end of the deal by far :P

• Like 2

One last batch of coral pics. A lot of these are just to track progress and color morphing.

This is the other red montipora setosa. It doesn't have the Jason Fox name but it's still pretty.

Montipora Setosa

The Tyree pink lemonade got knocked off the rock and I picked it up off the sand a few hours later. It doesn't look very pink lemonadey right now, but I think it will recover.

Tyree Pink Lemonade

This is the red planet. Did I mention I'm having trouble with reds?

Red Planet

Tyree bali tricolor is more like a bicolor right now.

Tyree Bali Tricolor

Blue slimer (from @Slowtwitch)

Blue Slimer

Sunset monti. This guy took a bad turn when things went downhill in the 10g, and it's been at least six months since it looked like a sunset monti. Just last month it finally started to color up again.

Sunset Montipora

This is the generic "pink acro" colony I got for $20 at MAMAX. I'm really happy with what I got for $20 :)

Pink Acro Colony

One of the ASD acros (from the 10-pack). In the upper right, you can also see what's left of one of the other ASD sps's I got a long time ago. It started to RTN but stopped with one or two polyps left. There's also an extra frag of the blue digi in this shot. I just stuck it on the rock after it broke off the main colony.

ASD Acro

This is the "Rainbow Tenuis Chef" colony from ASD. Colors aren't as good as they were a couple months ago but it's improving. At the bottom, you can also see a pretty blue/green frag I got in the ASD 10 pack.

Rainbow Tenuis Chef

Tubbs Stellata Monti

Tubbs Stellata Montipora

Red digitata. It's not very happy here, but it wasn't very happy in it's previous location either. I may try putting it in the 10g where the nitrates are higher and there's lower light.

Red Montipora Digitata

Elkhorn Stag has grown out quite a bit from the fingernail size frag I had:

Elkhorn Stag

• Like 7

How much trouble did you have getting that Sicce 2.0 into your sump.... where you get fitting for outlet of pump?  Running original 1/2 inch tubing?

• Like 1
11 hours ago, natalia_la_loca said:

So glad your bubblegum digi is growing for you :) they are wonderful corals!

It's growing fast! I already have a standing offer to trade frags of it with my local LFS guy who grows some really nice high-end SPS, too :)

10 hours ago, LX20000 said:

How much trouble did you have getting that Sicce 2.0 into your sump.... where you get fitting for outlet of pump?  Running original 1/2 inch tubing?

It was definitely tricky to get it in. You have to partially disassemble it (take the impeller cover off) and place the pump in the tank first, then put the cover back on with the pump at the bottom of the tank. It wasn't too bad, just awkward. And I won't be puling the pump out for cleaning any more often than I absolutely have to :mellow:

But the stock return tubing and fittings fit with no modifications, as I recall. Maybe at most I had to cut the tube a little shorter, but I don't remember doing anything special.

• Like 2
6 minutes ago, teenyreef said:

It's growing fast! I already have a standing offer to trade frags of it with my local LFS guy who grows some really nice high-end SPS, too :)

It was definitely tricky to get it in. You have to partially disassemble it (take the impeller cover off) and place the pump in the tank first, then put the cover back on with the pump at the bottom of the tank. It wasn't too bad, just awkward. And I won't be puling the pump out for cleaning any more often than I absolutely have to :mellow:

But the stock return tubing and fittings fit with no modifications, as I recall. Maybe at most I had to cut the tube a little shorter, but I don't remember doing anything special.

Sucks for the 40 :lol: Hell my 2.0 sicce just slips right into the back.......................no issues what so ever.................oh wait my tank is wider :P 

Tank looks good Teeny!

• Like 1

Looking back give that Dendro some love..............................;) 

Sweet coral! I started with one head and now 6 or so...........

• Like 1
12 hours ago, spectra said:

Looking back give that Dendro some love..............................;) 

Sweet coral! I started with one head and now 6 or so...........

Thanks! It's starting to grow a few new heads, but I may have it a little too close to the plate coral :unsure:

20170601-untitled-175-Edit.jpg

• Like 6