Coral Vue Hydros

Connection Error - Bluefish Mini

zach9824

I came home tonight and for some reason I am unable to connect to the Bluefish mini using the app on the phone. I tried rebooting both the unit and the phone. it says login success and the electric imp flashes green and then goes dark. The lights are still working.

The unit is a Nanobox Retro. I See that the device has an IP address on my router logs.

I tried 3 times to reblink up but it hangs at configuring server. With the light eventually going out on the imp card without error.

Is there anything else I can try?

SpencerShepard

It's a temporary issue on EI's side: http://status.electricimp.com

No issues with any of my personal units, but have had a few reports from users in the past hour or so. Just hang tight and they will resolve it. I don't suggest blinkup or unpowering your unit.

Whew, it seems to have come back for me now. Thanks for the clarification. Next time I will check that status page first!

smeagol108

Status page says everything back to normal now. Thanks for verifying guys.

Spencer does this happen somewhat regularly? I got a new nanobox unit from dave in exchange for an older model, and since i received it about 4 weeks ago, it often appears to disconnect, and the light on the electric imp card starts blinking and than randomly connects again without user interaction sometime in the next hour. its in the same place as the house as the old unit (never had this issue), any ideas what can be causing this random disconnect? all other devices in the house remain connected to my router. any logs you can look at to see what is happening?

SpencerShepard

Spencer does this happen somewhat regularly? I got a new nanobox unit from dave in exchange for an older model, and since i received it about 4 weeks ago, it often appears to disconnect, and the light on the electric imp card starts blinking and than randomly connects again without user interaction sometime in the next hour. its in the same place as the house as the old unit (never had this issue), any ideas what can be causing this random disconnect? all other devices in the house remain connected to my router. any logs you can look at to see what is happening?

Nope, highly irregular. First thing I'd look at is your signal strength in the status screen. If that's good, then you can send me an email with the MAC address on the card immediately and I can have a look.

smeagol108

Nope, highly irregular. First thing I'd look at is your signal strength in the status screen. If that's good, then you can send me an email with the MAC address on the card immediately and I can have a look.

Just emailed u. Signal was good.

Archived