Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

60g Clownfish Harem

Renstar

New BTA's arrived yesterday.  Took a few pictures with my iPhone.  Will take better ones with my camera in the next week or so once they get fully bloomed within my system.

Temp acclimation side 1:

5CD61716-B64B-4973-BDB0-3B7C25FF25F9.jpg

Temp acclimation side 2:

14D3E9E9-0307-4697-A578-70986C12DB76.jpg

CSB:

99425196-195D-4F58-B67D-59733C0C1F3E.jpg

Ice Tip:

2DC8436E-4115-4014-AA6D-851EA44F921A.jpg

Flametip:

C21CC8F8-1402-425D-8274-A1665A2B739F.jpg

• Like 4

Wow those BTAs are amazing, and definitely let us know if the breeder you got your clowns from makes a website because I know I would be interested in a nice pair if i decide to get clowns for my tank :D

14 minutes ago, jesseatam said:

Wow those BTAs are amazing, and definitely let us know if the breeder you got your clowns from makes a website because I know I would be interested in a nice pair if i decide to get clowns for my tank :D

Thanks! If you're looking for anything specific let me know.  I know he has this CRAZY pair that was probably some of the craziest designer clowns I've ever seen.  I'll see if I can get him to shoot me some pics to post for you if you'd like.

11 minutes ago, vlangel said:

That's alotta nems!  Its going to be cool.

Thanks! I feel like there isn't enough still but that's okay.  I'll be getting more soon enough!

• Like 1
30 minutes ago, Renstar said:

Thanks! I feel like there isn't enough still but that's okay.  I'll be getting more soon enough!

I have had nems divide so if any of them do that you could have a quite a few free ones!

• Like 1
15 hours ago, vlangel said:

I have had nems divide so if any of them do that you could have a quite a few free ones!

Yeah I'm hoping they end up splitting.  I do want to get a few more additional strains as I'll be setting up a secondary tank for nems I'll be selling.

14 hours ago, TatorTaco said:

I'm going to tag along to this thread.  I can't wait to see what it looks like once all the anemones settle. 

Thanks! It looks like for the most part they've decided where they wish to stay.  I will be adding another powerhead quite possibly tomorrow depending on how much flow my new return pump ends up pushing out.  I have a few dead spots I'd like to get rid of.

I purchased a "anemone rock" which is a fancy rock with holes made in a way that anemones would like.  I should have honestly set up my acclimation box with the anemones inside of it so that way they planted their foot better but I at least got 2 planted inside of it.  Luckily they're the prettier colors so it's much easier to keep track of them.  This is a pretty bad picture of it but works well enough if you acclimate them into it.

A3C7A842-0F9B-418A-BF56-4BDE451161C1.jpg

Doing some additional sump reorganization tomorrow.  It should look significantly better than the pictures up above.  I also have 1 of my 2 UV paintings up on the wall.  They're pretty cool as they react to the UV light and makes the art work pop. The clown breeder also does UV artwork which is where I purchased this from.  One of my friends also does Zoa UV reactive artwork.  You can find her on instagram @reefweeds. This is what 1 of the 2 that I have looks like. 

a1366525-9c1d-4c45-818c-87795195e32c.png

• Like 1

Quick update.  10 weeks after getting wet.  I decided for this tank I'll do my best not to stress out and test like crazy but I decided to do a full test today.  Not bad phosphates are a tiny bit higher than what I would like but that's ok.  They'll slowly come down.  My goal with this tank was to try to keep it simple.

Ammonia/Nitrite = 0

Nitrate = 5

Alk = 8.5

Ph = 8.2

PO4 = .004

Livestock:

12 Bubbletip Anemones

1 Torch

17 Clownfish

1 Mystery Wrasse

2 Fighting Conchces

2 Turbo Snails

2 Mexican Turbo Snails

5 blue legged hermits

0A9A9F67-FC41-45F5-9E57-71CC59EE56D4.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Update:

Something went nuts and my giant RBTA ended up melting.  So I've lost 1 BTA.  I've gained a couple more though.  Picked up a Sherman.   I also got my last painting in.  I'm in the process of cleaning up my sump area.  Too many wires and its a small area so there really isn't an easy way to hide everything.  I'm adding my new return pump this weekend and instead of having various pumps feeding my scrubber and reactor I'm just going to have the return pump do it.  That'll clean things up substantially.

Bubbletip Anemone Count Update:

1x Ice Tip

1x CSB

1x Flametip

1x Purple Passion

1x Green Passion

1x Sherman

3x Black Widow

4x Rainbow (Various types)

Clownfish are doing great.  Not very much aggression.  They go at each other every like typical clownfish behavior but so far so good.  They eat like savages.  I'm currently doing 2 feedings a day.  With 3 feedings on the weekends since I'm usually able to.  And now some pictures.  2nd picture is just to show the artwork it's actually an order picture since I've removed the anemone rocks.  1st picture was taken yesterday since I was excited to get all clownfish in 1 shot.

A07B2562-6CA9-43C1-B466-C106D568A213.jpg79673E14-0D36-4578-8EC4-0549ED979999.jpg

• Like 2
23 minutes ago, debbeach13 said:

My grandsons would love this tank. I will be following.

Thanks! I'm trying to get some videos together of them.  Hopefully he'll get a chance to see them!

2 minutes ago, RIP Sebastian said:

Where'd ya get those BTAs from? 

They're a combination of locally and from a seller out in California that I deal with.  Locally I've picked up the widow, sherman and rainbows.  Everything else has come from him.  Looking to hopefully add a few more high end anemones to the mix but I'm waiting to see if any show up at RAP NYC.

• 3 years later...

Hiya. I am half way into setting up a very similar tank. How is the tank going? Just wondering if the breeder you got your clowns from has their web site up and running or how to contact them?