Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Skimmer Problems

tonga

Hey guys i just traded for a seaclone 150 skimmer and i cant get it to foam...i tried airstones and all...any other mods i can do to get this thing to work?

matt

myfisharemean

maybe the water line is too low, or it doesn't have much bio-load, or maybe the pump is too small, or maybe it just isn't broken in?

ok well the guy i got it from says it skims great with an airstone along with the pump but its just way to many bubbles in my tank. so i would say that the water line is too low but how can i fix this?

How long has it been running? Some skimmers take up to a week to start skimming. Personally, I'd run just the PH.........then after the thing "breaks in", start the airstone.

If your getting too many bubbles, try turning the PH down some.

AReeferIsExpensive

i have a seaclone 100 and after modifications, i get the best looking skimmate ive seen in person or in any pics. It took at month to break in tho. Could have been b/c it was new or b.c my tank was new but it was well worth the wait. I get black foam now~

Give it some time and meanwhile you can look into some good mods.

talking about SeaClone. my SeaClone doesnt alwayz foam as in the foam doesnt alwayz go up the collection cup and i juss set it so there's no bubbles in the tank and juss leave it there and it'll skim weneva it wants.

Archived