Pod Your Reef

Connection timeout error!

wizz

I just got my Bluefish Controller and spent a day on trying to get it to work but every time i get connection time error ?

All settings are fine and also the wifi password is correct but when it starts to configure it runs for a minute and than i get the error.

I have also tried it on two other phones and also on a Samsung Tablet with the same error?

As i Live in Sweden is it any specific settings i need to do?

Any one got a suggestion for solving this?

jedimasterben

I believe the OPO is basically stock Android, right? If so, try again with that one, turn off auto screen brightness, and crank it all the way up.

After tried for several hour i got it to work after i got several API refused connections to imp and also several login failure.

I also switched to several different channels and at last on channel 3 i got a connection so now it is up and running :)

So now i need some tips on locations to use that are in the range of Central European Summer Time (CEST) +0200 UTC where i am located and don´t want it to be an to big difference.

Today i run my lights with start at 11:00 PM and off at 10:30 AM so rely need help on this and hope some one can give me some locations that i can try and use.

jedimasterben

You can use any location in the world, and as long as you do not enable both Dynamic Sunrise and Sunset, then it will move the photoperiod to your time zone and either start or end when your manually set Morning Start/Night Start times are hit.

Ok that i understand and as in my time zone i want it to be turned on around 11:00 - 12:00 AM and off around 9:00 - 10:00 PM

So i need a location that can match that as i don´t want it to run in the middle of the night.

Sorry for the bad explanation hope you understand what i seek.

It is hard to explain in English as it is not my native language but i try :)

jedimasterben

Ok that i understand and as in my time zone i want it to be turned on around 11:00 - 12:00 AM and off around 9:00 - 10:00 PM

So i need a location that can match that as i don´t want it to run in the middle of the night.

Sorry for the bad explanation hope you understand what i seek.

It is hard to explain in English as it is not my native language but i try :)

You do pretty good :)

Set your Night Start time to 10:00PM, and then turn on Dynamic Sunrise. Then any location in the world you select will always end at 10PM no matter what, and will start somewhere around 10-11AM, matching the length of the photoperiod you selected, so your photoperiod will change from about 11.5-12.5 hours depending on how close to the equator your selected region is :)

SpencerShepard

After tried for several hour i got it to work after i got several API refused connections to imp and also several login failure.

I also switched to several different channels and at last on channel 3 i got a connection so now it is up and running :)

Answered this by email already, but for anyone else reading: The only thing that matters as far as channel goes, is that you are not on channel 12 or 13 (outside the US only). I've never heard any reports of changing wireless channels making any sort of difference. If you find that it does, I would suspect that you may have a lot of wifi interference.

• 4 weeks later...

i have the same problem i tried to change the channel to 3 also not working i am from egypt and the mode of the wifi i changed to IEEE 802.11n only and IEEE 802.11b only and IEEE 802.11g only also mixed i really want help i am trying now for 2 days

Archived