Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Thoughts on arrangement?

steste1122

steste1122

Before I glue everything together, thought I should check in and see if anyone had any suggestions for my rock layout. I went with Reef Cleaners as I liked the looks of it. The pieces need a little cleaning up so they fit together better, but I am happy with it so far. The tank they are going in is a Mr Aqua 22 long (36" x 12" x 12"). The tall point is 9.5" high so I may chip it down an inch on the left side where it is tallest so that there is a little room for something to grow up there. I plan on mostly keeping Zoas but there will be a few softies in as well.

Left side

IMG_1644.jpg

Right side

IMG_1643.jpg

Full length

IMG_1645.jpg

Also, does anyone have a sand color recommendation? I like the looks of Indo-Pacific Black and Hawaiian black but and will probably go with the Indo-Pacific. I am however, open to other ideas.

Looks great! Should fit that tank pretty well. Do you find that the epoxy will be necessary? Granted it does detach fairly easily, it looks like your structure is pretty sound. Are you partial to black sand? I always recommend oolitic white.

steste1122

Glue may not be necessary, I just figured it would be more secure. Especially when I am knocking around planting corals or cleaning. Maybe if I just put a little glue at strategic points to hold it together it will work better? I am partial to the black, as I like the white on black contrast. Just wondering how I will like it after it is covered in coralline. Off to look at more pictures..

Edit: Oh and Oolite-isn't that the really small grain sand? I like the looks but concerned about it blowing around. I am using a Vectra M1 and an MP10 for flow duties.

Well the good thing with epoxy is that you can apply as you go, including underwater. If it becomes an issue, just epoxy it then. I think what matters most is that you do exactly what you want to do. That being said, go for the black!

FlowerMama

Honestly, it's not like it has height or anything so I would not glue them. There are times when you may want to do a freshwater dip or dip your rock due to pests, you won't be able to. Or if later you decide to take out a rock after some things grow in, etc.

I would take a rock out on the left side, just seems like once placed it will take up a lot of room. Just my opinion though :)

Archived