Pod Your Reef

Leather-n-lace

StinkyBunny

StinkyBunny

I wish the American fools that vote the 2 idiot parties would open their eyes too Stella.

OK, switched up the flow in the new 50 cube, the bubble corals were all kinds of pissed off.

Thank you for a box full of pumps! omgomgomg

You're quite welcome, glad they're being used because they were just sitting back in a bin on the shelf. I have so much shit here that I'll probably never use.

• Like 2
StinkyBunny

I hate that, you get rid of something, then you kick yourself for doing it. That's how I feel about our old 240. Sold it, the idiots slid it through a basement window and, well, you can guess the consequences of leaving an 8' tank made out of .75" glass hanging. It didn't end well.

• Like 1

I hate that, you get rid of something, then you kick yourself for doing it. That's how I feel about our old 240. Sold it, the idiots slid it through a basement window and, well, you can guess the consequences of leaving an 8' tank made out of .75" glass hanging. It didn't end well.

I remember u telling that story before...That was sad :tears:

StinkyBunny

They're available right now. You have to remember, last years spawn settled in our spring, that's when the tiny ones are available. I'd imagine the tiny (1-2") supply will dry up in the next month.

In other news, no tank, booooo. But something else is available this weekend, stay tuned.

• Like 1
StinkyBunny

The REAL DEAL is coming Sunday, hopefully. REAL live rock air freighted out of Bali!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! w00T!!! They only ship out live rock 1-3 times a year because it counts against their total coral quota. I should have some pics Sunday night some time.

• Like 2
StinkyBunny

Yea, I have ZERO use for the status quo with politics.

OK, pics in a few minutes, just got in the door with my loot, met Holy Carp, Mariaface and the Kat lady. Time to go unpack the rock. It's been 20 years since I got NEW live rock, lol.

• Like 4
StinkyBunny

OK, here we go in some semblance of order the 2 boxes open. This is some DAMN NICE ROCK!!! We got 3 pistol shrimps, a shitpot full of hairy assed crabs, 6 porcelain crabs, 2 brittle stars an urchin and 1 3/4" mantis of some sort. He is now living in a shoebox on top of the coral system until I decide what his fate is. I saved the crabs for later, I want an Undulatus trigger.

Boxes:

6X7yTcg.jpg

puV6G0U.jpg

Tanked:

H2YMvZX.jpg

YqsNusp.jpg

Mr. Mantis: Just for reference, that's a small Lee's catch cup.

19NHql6.jpg

Pistol shrimp: I escaped whilst trying to get them some fresh water.

7i4CiEM.jpg

• Like 6

Oh wow 1 3/4- that's a big mantis as a hitchiker, I guess anything is bigger than my Gertie when I found her- 1/2". They're so cute when tiny. I hope you keep it.

StinkyBunny

Someone local might end up with it. He is cool and I think it's a Peacock shrimp. I'll do water changes every day morning and evening until I figure out what to do with it. Might look around for a tiny 1g pico tank and keep it in that for a while. I won't lie to anyone, mantis are not my favorite critters. I lost more things to them back in the day. It got to a point where I brought in 12 Undulatus triggers to give rock the once over before I sold it. Maybe older and wiser I'll keep this guy around a while.

OK, might do a rescape on the 50 cube with an arched bommie out of the new rock, haven't decided yet. What to do with that rock is burnin' a hole in my tanks. There are 8 REALLY cool pieces in there that I want to do something with. There's a 187g tank up near you Kat that I think would make a really interesting tank. It's 50 wide, 24 deep and 36 tall. I think that is begging for some really tall Bommies. Dunno yet, that rock has 2 weeks to cure out in that system.

• Like 2

The mantis is staying. He got named Igor, so that clinched it! He's super tiny, about the size of a piece of uncooked long grain rice, lol. I've never seen one that small before! As far as the pistols...I can't tell yet, they're smaller than the mantis. Maybe Rob will be able to ID them if we ever see them again, lol. They are currently living in the rock tanks.

We've identified the hairy ass crabs as gorillas, so they aren't staying around. Sorry, but no bad guys in the reef! The porcelain crabs are also in the rock tanks. The 2 brittle stars have buried themselves; maybe we'll see them again someday (or at least legs).

We also found a really tiny colony of anthelia (sp?) on a really pretty small piece of the new rock, so once we find a tiny house for Igor, that piece is going in with him.

I get all geeky when it comes to unpacking the live rock; I love digging through it and searching for the cool hitchhikers. :)

• Like 4
StinkyBunny

I put the Porcelain type crabs back with the rock, those hairy bastards are now in the freezer. They won't go to waste I want a trigger so they'll go to feed it. I just don't have any place to keep crabs like that. I don't know what kind of pistol shrimp those were but they were tiny, maybe 4mm around and 2cm long at most. I can tell you this, they move when put back into the tank.

Gonna set a home made crab trap in each of the rock tanks to try to catch the rest that I KNOW are still lurking in that rock. Might send in a melanurus wrasse to help eradicate them. I like little gobies in my tanks and those things would wreak havoc on them.

We found a good 4" patch of some sort of GSP on one of the rocks.

• Like 1