Top Shelf Aquatics

Leather-n-lace

StinkyBunny

StinkyBunny

Those puffers don't get much bigger than 3", LA says they get to 4", but I've never seen one that big.

I still have the laser, it uses rechargeable batteries so, if you buy one, buy a few extra sets of batteries for it. It's also good for dispatching bryopsis and other oddball turf algae.

• Like 1

Those puffers don't get much bigger than 3", LA says they get to 4", but I've never seen one that big.

I still have the laser, it uses rechargeable batteries so, if you buy one, buy a few extra sets of batteries for it. It's also good for dispatching bryopsis and other oddball turf algae.

Thanks, Stinky, I just might try both options and see how it goes!
StinkyBunny

OK, the 50 is up and wet. We're thinking about talking to Dave about lighting. Use the SUPAR CHINABOX lights for the QT systems.

• Like 2

Head's sorta OK, Monday I'm having a contrast study done to see why I'm having these blinding headaches.

Well that sucks. Head injuries just are not fun. I hope there's nothing serious wrong and it just needs a little more time for a full recovery :flower:

• Like 1
FlowerMama

Gee, I can't imagine why you're having blinding headaches. Your head had some serious impact. Take it easy, don't try to do much.

Laser for dispatching bryopsis? :o Why haven't I heard of this?

• Like 1
StinkyBunny

Went in and they did the study and found another damaged vessel that they repaired. Hopefully that's the last I have to see of doctors for a while, that coming from and RN, lol. We make the WORST patients.

OK, this weekend we have goodies inbound from the far reaches of the world. Red Sea for Purple tangs, Sri Lanka for Blue Star wrasses, Powder Blues, Longnose hawks, red tailed bicolour blennys, tiger carpet anemone and Clown tangs. From The Philippines we have Possum wrasses, dragon pipefish for that pretty lass up in Yankeeland, Yellow Watchman gobies, Cocoworms, Orangepot Watchman gobies, Green chromis, Coral Beauty angels, a pair of Lamark's angels, Starry blennys, Yellow tail bicolour blennys, Copperband butterflys, Springer's damsels, Tangaroa gobies, Cleaner wrasses, Leopard wrasses, 6 line wrasses, Melanurus wrasses, PJ cardinals, Marine Betta, Coral banded shrimp, Randall's pistol shrimp and reef limpets. That should keep me busy for a few hours after the 3 hour drive back from New York City. We'll see what shows up, transshipping is like Christmas, you never know what you're getting till it's packed and you get the emailed invoice.

• Like 5
StinkyBunny

Possum wrasses you say?

They showed 20 available, I'm hoping for 3 of the dozen I ordered. Like I said, it's like Christmas when you get the invoice. This station ships about 80% with very few subs. I always ask for them to sub with more of what's ordered to fill the box. The last time I did that I ended up with 8 Longnose hawks, lol.

• Like 1
StinkyBunny

OK, everything shipped in pretty well, the Blue Star wrasses don't ship well, lost 2/4. The Powder Blues are good as are the Clown tangs and Purples always ship well.

• Like 1
StinkyBunny

This. Tell me more please.

How is the head Stinky?

Head's as good as it's gonna get for the short term.

I was screwing around with the laser one afternoon and I zapped some funky assed turf algae that came in on a coral and it disappeared. So we did another patch and it went away as well. Dunno if it was coincidence, but every time I zap a patch, it leaves town, never to return.

• Like 3
StinkyBunny

OK, everyone has settled in, if I get time tomorrow I'll shoot a pic or 2. If I can figure out this damn video camera I'll do some video. Those pipefish are out and about together all the time. AND, I'm going to do something that everyone says is a no no, put the little Emporer in the DT some time this weekend.

• Like 3