Innovative Marine Aquariums

Leather-n-lace

StinkyBunny

StinkyBunny
32 minutes ago, FlowerMama said:

Nothing better in the world than fresh live rock, nothing.- AGREEEEEEE!!!  

I got something for you the other day from Uncle Waltie. ;) I'll post up a pic sometime this week.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, StinkyBunny said:

Gonna be MIA for a few days. I was run off the road by a school bus and now I have another broken car to fix.

Well dang, that stinks.

My nephew's school bus was hit the other week by a garbage truck...driver of the garbage truck got charged with a DUI... :unsure:

• Like 2
StinkyBunny

M was in an accident when she was in high school. Luckily nobody got hurt other than the other driver. here's pics of the carnage to my oil pan. I'm not going to say anything about it due to the possibility of litigation.

oilpan.jpg

oilpan2.jpg

FlowerMama
On 6/5/2017 at 7:24 PM, StinkyBunny said:

I got something for you the other day from Uncle Waltie. ;) I'll post up a pic sometime this week.

You've got me really curious!  and excited!  And I don't even know what for yet!

2 hours ago, StinkyBunny said:

M was in an accident when she was in high school. Luckily nobody got hurt other than the other driver. here's pics of the carnage to my oil pan. I'm not going to say anything about it due to the possibility of litigation.

oilpan.jpg

oilpan2.jpg

Oh, yuck.  That stinks.

• Like 1
Slowtwitch
14 hours ago, StinkyBunny said:

oilpan.jpg

oilpan2.jpg

Glad you weren't hurt.  Hope the car gets repaired quickly so you can post up the videos you promised.

• Like 1
StinkyBunny

Car's back together, M got the stand urethaned and we're hoping to get it up and running Sunday. Now I have to build a small ATS for this thing. I need to do some figuring.

• Like 1
10 minutes ago, StinkyBunny said:

Car's back apart, got rear ended by someone doing 100 mph this morning and got a ride to SMT.

That car is jinxed or something! 

2 hours ago, StinkyBunny said:

Car's back apart, got rear ended by someone doing 100 mph this morning and got a ride to SMT.

:huh: well geez!

StinkyBunny

Yea, she's a total, with 391,000 miles on her, she served me well. I already have another one to go look at. I like my 45mpg oil burners. If my damn hands would stop hurting I'd be right as rain as the Aussies say.

• Like 2
27 minutes ago, StinkyBunny said:

Yea, she's a total, with 391,000 miles on her, she served me well. I already have another one to go look at. I like my 45mpg oil burners. If my damn hands would stop hurting I'd be right as rain as the Aussies say.

Dang, 391,000 miles?  Haha that's awesome!  My beat up old Camry has 288k now and I thought I was doing pretty well!  Did you have a diesel or gas model?  45mpg is nothing to sneeze at!  Hope your hands feel better soon.  My husband's a massage therapist and after a day of work he'll plunge his hands into a bucket of cold water he keeps in the fridge for as long as he can stand it, says the increased blood flow afterwards helps heal the hands and reduce the damage from using them all day long.

• Like 2
StinkyBunny

It's a diesel, 1999 Golf TDI. It was modified to go faster, one of the side effects of that was it bumped the mileage up about 6 mpg because you don't have to beat the hell out of it to get it up to cruising speed. As for the cold water, no way right now. There's some sort of nerve issue going on with my hands, the left more so than the right and any cold is extremely painful. I'm getting better each day. we have a friend who's a PT and she's got me on a plan to get the strength back.

• Like 2
32 minutes ago, StinkyBunny said:

It's a diesel, 1999 Golf TDI. It was modified to go faster, one of the side effects of that was it bumped the mileage up about 6 mpg because you don't have to beat the hell out of it to get it up to cruising speed. As for the cold water, no way right now. There's some sort of nerve issue going on with my hands, the left more so than the right and any cold is extremely painful. I'm getting better each day. we have a friend who's a PT and she's got me on a plan to get the strength back.

Ooh yeah, I dunno that the cold water would help a nerve issue!  Hope the hands get better soon.

• Like 1

What about those wax pools, dip your hands then pull them out?  Are they good?  I see them at Walmart for the older folks.  I didn't know if they were helpful.

• Like 1
StinkyBunny
19 hours ago, FlowerMama said:

What about those wax pools, dip your hands then pull them out?  Are they good?  I see them at Walmart for the older folks.  I didn't know if they were helpful.

18 hours ago, Weetabix7 said:

So sorry about the accidents and injuries, hope you see improvement and healing soon. 

Thanks, hands are getting better, the left is still sore, the right is about 90%. I've been doing warm/hot Epsom salt soaks and they seem to be helping. I'm going to look into those wax soaks FlowerMama. I appreciate the well wishes folks, it means a lot.

• Like 1
StinkyBunny

We're in the process of stripping my car so we can close this chapter. I'm gonna be pulling the motor this weekend and then some piktarz. I haven't forgotten you Flowermama. Your goodies turned the corner earlier this week and I should be able to get some good shots of them when they're fully open.

I've got some goodies coming in from Sri Lanka and Vietnam Saturday if everything holds together off the west coast.

• Like 1