StinkyBunny

1 hour ago, StinkyBunny said:

Tomorrow is my birthday, I expect n00dz in my inbox when I wake up. ;):D

Happy Birthday early!!!! omgomgomg

Sorry bout the losses, that stinks. 

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
StinkyBunny

I've been emailing back and forth with a collector that I use in Australia. We discussed the way the world has changed since he and I were kids, I'm 2 years younger than he is. He said that in the last 20 years he's seen R. ritteri anemones moving further and further south to escape warm water, 60 km give or take, about 40 miles. We're in a world that is changing and not for the better I'm afraid. In the future, you young people will more than likely be the custodians of sea life. You might be the only place to see things we now take for granted just the way that some Lake Victorian cichlids are extinct in the wild.

FlowerMama

Fun with a new tank!!!!  Yipeeee!!  Or if you don't build you can find something elsewhere like an antique stand or something, small dresser.

• Like 1
StinkyBunny
20 hours ago, FlowerMama said:

Fun with a new tank!!!!  Yipeeee!!  Or if you don't build you can find something elsewhere like an antique stand or something, small dresser.

Yep, just got some BEAUTIFUL rock out of Indonesia just in time, they shut down rock shipping since it counts against their CITES permits. I already have sand and powerheads.

• Like 2
StinkyBunny

OK, the tank's here, gonna start on the stand this weekend. I think I have enough 20mm plywood to cobble something together and get it stained. We've been working on cleaning up a bunch of scrap metal and general spring cleaning here.

• Like 1
StinkyBunny

Take note of the corals on these reefs and tell me what you see. This is one of my favorite National Geographic videos. There will be a quiz later so pay attention.

• Like 1
On 3/21/2017 at 6:25 PM, StinkyBunny said:

Philippine reef abalone, these things are algae destroying machines.

Do you get them in often? I've been on the hunt for abalones

• Like 1
On ‎5‎/‎15‎/‎2017 at 5:53 PM, StinkyBunny said:

Might work on the stand this weekend, we're trying to get 2 cars repaired and clean up the house so we can move.

Get off your lazy butt and get going :P post some pics to so I have something to look at while drinking my beer :lol:

• Like 1
StinkyBunny
4 hours ago, stellablue said:

Do you get them in often? I've been on the hunt for abalones

I do get them quite often. The problem with them is they're hit or miss shipping, you can count on 2-3/10 dying. :( M and I were just watching hers scoot along the fuge, they really haul ass.

• Like 1
FlowerMama

I just watched the Nat'l Geographic link.  I got teary eyed seeing all the colors, corals, fish, shark, etc.  Just beautiful and that's all it takes to make me cry.  Just something beautiful.   

• Like 1
StinkyBunny
16 hours ago, FlowerMama said:

I just watched the Nat'l Geographic link.  I got teary eyed seeing all the colors, corals, fish, shark, etc.  Just beautiful and that's all it takes to make me cry.  Just something beautiful.   

But what's missing from those reefs? There's something that was glaringly missing.

• 2 weeks later...
StinkyBunny

Gonna start the stand for the IM20 tomorrow. Philippines, Red Sea/Sri Lanka, Fiji and Indo this week, I have 2 more boxes of glorious Manado live rock on order for next Sunday. I'd LOVE to lay my hands on a few boxes of air freighted Tonga branch live rock.

5 hours ago, StinkyBunny said:

Gonna start the stand for the IM20 tomorrow. Philippines, Red Sea/Sri Lanka, Fiji and Indo this week, I have 2 more boxes of glorious Manado live rock on order for next Sunday. I'd LOVE to lay my hands on a few boxes of air freighted Tonga branch live rock.

Tonga branch would be cool!  I think I've only seen one build over the years that used a lot of it...klarion's, I think.  A 15h.

• Like 1
StinkyBunny
8 hours ago, Lula_Mae said:

Tonga branch would be cool!  I think I've only seen one build over the years that used a lot of it...klarion's, I think.  A 15h.

You can get it, but it's boat rock and dead. I want it flown in direct so all the goodies are still alive on it. Nothing better in the world than fresh live rock, nothing.

• Like 1