Top Shelf Aquatics

Leather-n-lace

StinkyBunny

StinkyBunny

When the lights come up later I will, my lights are on at night and off during the day. I have a sinus infection of biblical proportions. Those little scorpions are just the coolest damn things.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, StinkyBunny said:

Just peachy, 4" of snow with 3/4" of ice on top and it's still coming down like gangbusters, what a screwed up cake it is out there.

"Screwed up cake", lol!!

I so enjoy your way with words. :lol:

I must admit, I'm very grateful I don't have to deal with the New England winter weather right now. 

Do you have to go out in it today?

If not, entertain us more with words and pics of new livestock. 

Win/win!!

• Like 2
StinkyBunny

Everyone settled in quite well except for the Copperband butterflys. I've been watching the availabilities out of other countries to get them.Apparently The Philippines isn't the place to buy them, they are available out of Sri Lanka, but very rarely.

The scorpionfish are shy, but they're getting bolder, I'll get some shots this weekend of them at feeding time. They're eating like little piggies as are the Emporer and Blue Face Angels. I'm VERY impressed with the new mariculture supplier, very nice Montiporas, torches and frogspawn corals.

• Like 3

How's your lanthanum chloride experiment going? I've found it to be very useful when I need to deal with significant phosphate levels, but even a drop is almost too much for regular dosing in my small tanks.

StinkyBunny

I dose at 1/2 dose, then 3 days later I hit it with the other dose. I'm doing 10 drops every 4 days right now. I have phosphates leeching out of some where in my damn 90 cube and it's driving me nuts trying to figure out who the culprit is so we'll fall back and fire for effect on it.

In other news, I might be getting rid of the 93 cube and getting a Cadlights 70. I have a customer that wants one yesterday so if I can get that 70, I'll sell mine to him. He does custom acrylic work so he can make his own sump.

• Like 1
StinkyBunny

Something ripped through my QT systems, the carnage included a PI Blue face, Emporer and a Bristletooth tang as well as 4 true Perculas which I think were the vector of whatever it was. Did a FW dip and copper, nada. I did a scrape and I've got to ID what it was. That was the last clowns I'm ordering, had a special order for them from a customer. The odd part is that it never touched any of the blennys who fall victim to brooky which is what I think I had. It progressed quickly, 2 days and what was going to die was gone.

11 hours ago, StinkyBunny said:

Something ripped through my QT systems, the carnage included a PI Blue face, Emporer and a Bristletooth tang as well as 4 true Perculas which I think were the vector of whatever it was. Did a FW dip and copper, nada. I did a scrape and I've got to ID what it was. That was the last clowns I'm ordering, had a special order for them from a customer. The odd part is that it never touched any of the blennys who fall victim to brooky which is what I think I had. It progressed quickly, 2 days and what was going to die was gone.

Well that sucks :(

At least it was QT and not displays, but you have multiple QT tanks plumbed together don't you?

StinkyBunny
2 hours ago, teenyreef said:

Well that sucks :(

At least it was QT and not displays, but you have multiple QT tanks plumbed together don't you?

Yea, but not knowing there was an issue I cross contaminated, lesson learned. Sterile protocol at ALL times now. This is the first batch of shit I've had in 8 years. And there will be NO MORE clowns brought in from The Philippines. Every damn time I bring them in, I end up with shit. I hate perculas and ocellaris clowns with the power of almighty Thor!!

• Like 2