Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Leather-n-lace

StinkyBunny

StinkyBunny

You're an enabler Kat, we've been mulling over the idea of a sticks tank. I wanna get more tanks online so I can order more stuff.

You're an enabler Kat, we've been mulling over the idea of a sticks tank. I wanna get more tanks online so I can order more stuff.

Wish I could help you shop but just get 1 of everything. :)

• Like 1
StinkyBunny

Wish I could help you shop but just get 1 of everything. :)

You just wanna shop in my boxes don't you? You ain't foolin' me! :D

• Like 1
StinkyBunny

Going to go pick up an SCA 50 cube here directly and I'm negotiating on a 170 cube, stay tuned. Gonna have Thai food while we're down there.

• Like 4
StinkyBunny

50 cube acquired. Damn nice system for $300. I don't know if the 170 will fit through any of our doors, but if I can get it for $500 I'll figure it out, lol. Even if I save it for the shop when we open it. I bet he dropped $2000 on that tank, it's got 3/4 glass all around.

Folks, have a redundancy plan and REPLACE ALL HEATERS EVERY 3 YEARS!!! This kid lost about $1500 worth of corals and fish because of a broken heater. I write the date in service in a book and right at the 3 year mark they are recycled. I have a spare on hand AT ALL TIMES, not worth it in the dead of winter to have a heater shit the bed on you and not have a replacement on hand. It's $30 well spent.

• Like 2
StinkyBunny

Drain is plumbed, need to find the ceiling joist for the light. The return side is outside drying, I added a valve to run a reactor just in case. I also dumped some of the larger grain gravel in the tank. I'll shoot some pics tomorrow. it was too damn nice today to be inside.

jedimasterben

Luckily here in FL there isn't much need for heaters yet, though with the climate rapidly changing who knows if that will still ring true in a couple of years. I use a Cobalt Neither, though, I figure buying the best of the best in that regard is the first failsafe, though I do know that anything can fail at any time for any reason.

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...
StinkyBunny

OK,sorry for the time between updates, but last Tuesday night I was in an accident that landed me in the hospital for 4 days. I was actually on my way to the hospital for a bladder infection after passing a kidney stone when a drunk driver hit the front of an armored HUMVEE I was in. I have a friend that buys and sells military surplus. He hit us doing well over 100 mph, the Hummer was barely scratched, the BMW didn't fare as well, the driver was killed instantly. I whacked my head on the side window causing my brain to swell and put a nice crack in my coconut. Gonna take more than a drunk to take my big ass outta the game. ;)

• Like 1

OK,sorry for the time between updates, but last Tuesday night I was in an accident that landed me in the hospital for 4 days. I was actually on my way to the hospital for a bladder infection after passing a kidney stone when a drunk driver hit the front of an armored HUMVEE I was in. I have a friend that buys and sells military surplus. He hit us doing well over 100 mph, the Hummer was barely scratched, the BMW didn't fare as well, the driver was killed instantly. I whacked my head on the side window causing my brain to swell and put a nice crack in my coconut. Gonna take more than a drunk to take my big ass outta the game. ;)

Omigosh, I just found your thread only to see this! Hope you're doing OK, brain swelling is serious stuff. But I guess it was a very lucky rhing you were in a HMMV instead of an ordinary car!

I was going to ask you more about your vermetid snail-eating miracle fish, but it can wait until you're back to normal :)

• Like 2

So sorry to hear about your accident and your injuries. You are lucky you were in such a heavy vehicle. And even though it was 100% the other guys fault, I'm very sorry that he had to lose his life over a stupid, selfish decision.

• Like 2

Holy shit, glad you're ok.

Great story though :^ )

Ask away teeny, I'm good now.

That's good news!

Your post got my attention because vermetid worms have been the bane of my reefing existence forever. Could a small puffer go to work in a 10g tank until it outgrows it? Would it be too small to eat the vermetids even if it could? What kind of puffer is it and where are they available? Sorry for all the questions but this is first report I've ever seen in years of googling claiming that something reliably eats vermetid worms. omgomgomg

StinkyBunny

All I know is the little blue spot I got out of Fiji LOVES the damn things. I was afraid he wasn't getting enough to eat, then I saw him crunching on a vermetid snail. The blue laser I got off Aliexpress does them in as well. I cook them at the base and they die.

• Like 2

All I know is the little blue spot I got out of Fiji LOVES the damn things. I was afraid he wasn't getting enough to eat, then I saw him crunching on a vermetid snail. The blue laser I got off Aliexpress does them in as well. I cook them at the base and they die.

Thanks, that's very interesting. Maybe I could get a little one, let him eat all the vermetids in the 10g tank, and then transfer him to my new 40g. By the time he gets really big I can get a bigger tank.

Do you have a link to the blue laser? It wouldn't help with the ones I can't get to on the backs of the rocks but zapping them with a laser sounds way more fun than crushing them with forceps :D

• Like 2