Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Tron's 10 Fusion

SouthFlorida_Tron

SouthFlorida_Tron

I had a guy a got some frags from and he had a tiger pistol and the entire tank sandbed was re-arranged, and he said it was like 3-4" in size.... and LOUD!

This is the type i have and he's super tiny, and only burrows in the cave he stays in... nothing else

s-l300.jpg

• Like 3

I had a guy a got some frags from and he had a tiger pistol and the entire tank sandbed was re-arranged, and he said it was like 3-4" in size.... and LOUD!

This is the type i have and he's super tiny, and only burrows in the cave he stays in... nothing else

s-l300.jpg

That's exactly like mine. After about three months he really started moving some sand.

• Like 1

s-l300.jpg

From what I've heard the candy canes are fairly mellow. Plus they don't get too big.

My tiger is around 2.5-3" and has ruined my rockscape about 3 times now, and so far has only managed to kill 2 fish. :(

Now if only I could get the little bugger out!

Worst. Decision. Ever!

• Like 1
SouthFlorida_Tron

Haha. Sorry to hear that!

This guy has been in there from the start of the 4g... And he looks exactly the same... Doesn't cause any havoc, and is quite the comical creature!

• Like 1

When I has a single Hi Fin in my 55 gallon he always hid in the tiniest hole in the rock. That may have been due to the Wrasse who could tend to be aggressive at feeding time. I never saw him have problems with the Firefish but maybe that could be an issue if there is a pair?

reefernanoman

:( I had a Tiger pistol for 2 days before my sixline decided to snack on him. I'm living vicariously through you Tron.

P.S. scape looks great!

How big is your six line? It must have been a very small juvenile TPS, because when I had mine full grown (like 1.5+ inches) he was pretty vicious with that big ol snapper of his.

That's exactly like mine. After about three months he really started moving some sand.

Is this is your 10G fusion teeny?

• Like 1

How big is your six line? It must have been a very small juvenile TPS, because when I had mine full grown (like 1.5+ inches) he was pretty vicious with that big ol snapper of his.

Is this is your 10G fusion teeny?

No my candy cane is in the 40g tank. There's not enough sand in my 10g tank :D

SouthFlorida_Tron

Added a Purple Firefish to be a tank mate for the Hi-Fin Goby and Pistol shrimp...

There must have either been a territory dispute or goby on goby action caused the firefish to last only 2 days...

Hi-Fin won...

Would a royal gramma be a nice replacement or maybe this tank is best left alone before more damage is caused?

Interesting that the Goby and Firefish fought.

Sorry to hear about your loss. :(

My royal gramma was awesome in my tank, never bothered anyone.

Just make sure it has a nice place to hide. Once they find a home they will defend it with rigor.

Otherwise I imagine they will cohabitat just fine.

SouthFlorida_Tron

well, take a peak at the scape... its very minimal, think it will work?

My idea was to go see if they would hook me up with one, they had 5 in stock, smaller ones...

reefernanoman

Added a Purple Firefish to be a tank mate for the Hi-Fin Goby and Pistol shrimp...

There must have either been a territory dispute or goby on goby action caused the firefish to last only 2 days...

Hi-Fin won...

Would a royal gramma be a nice replacement or maybe this tank is best left alone before more damage is caused?

Honestly no. I had to my RG for like 5 years and he grew very big (like 3+ inches). I think that he would be too big for a fusion 10G like ours. Of it was up to me, I would only have the high fin in there and that's it.
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...
SouthFlorida_Tron

UPDATE!

We've moved to Orlando and the tank has survived two days in buckets with aerators and heaters, and are now safe and sound back in the glass!

Pics to come later on...

• Like 3
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...