Top Shelf Aquatics

Dynamic Sunrise Not Overriding Morning Start Time

charnelhouse

charnelhouse

Maybe because the sun is setting on the LA Kings season? :DB)

You are a true bastard :D

On the serious side, remember last time the Kings were on the brink of elimination against the Sharks in the playoffs? I do. m!m

Screenshots of your app settings would help ;)

Incoming. If I can figure out wtf you're talking about... lol.

post-85523-0-83381700-1461354552_thumb.pngpost-85523-0-12942600-1461354554_thumb.pngpost-85523-0-42400700-1461354555_thumb.pngpost-85523-0-77180700-1461354556_thumb.png

jedimasterben

:lol:

Just get screenshots of the Lighting section, along with what you have for morning, midday, evening, night, etc :)

You are a true bastard :D

On the serious side, remember last time the Kings were on the brink of elimination against the Sharks in the playoffs? I do. m!m

attachicon.gifScreenshot_2016-04-22-12-46-26.pngattachicon.gifScreenshot_2016-04-22-12-46-36.pngattachicon.gifScreenshot_2016-04-22-12-46-46.pngattachicon.gifScreenshot_2016-04-22-12-46-50.png

The Sharks are perennial flops. Not tonight. Tonight they seal the deal.

Ok back to the main point of the thread. Get an ATI. :D

charnelhouse

The Sharks are perennial flops. Not tonight. Tonight they seal the deal.

Ok back to the main point of the thread. Get an ATI. :D

I don't believe it till I see it. They still have that stick in their mouth.

charnelhouse

:lol:

Just get screenshots of the Lighting section, along with what you have for morning, midday, evening, night, etc :)

Do the screens I put up there not help? It's a pita getting them off my phone. And I'm trying to log into the controller through chrome and it won't take my login info.

jedimasterben

I didn't see them lol, didn't know you'd edited them in. I'll look over them now.

Jesus that is a really confusing graph lol. Do you have a location set?

charnelhouse

I didn't see them lol, didn't know you'd edited them in. I'll look over them now.

Jesus that is a really confusing graph lol. Do you have a location set?

Yeah, location is San Diego. I know the graph is a little crazy. I like the colors it gives though.

jedimasterben

That's all that matters :)

On the location page, click the floppy disk at the bottom and it should give all of the location data, can you screenshot that?

jedimasterben

If you scroll it will show you the data that it calculates based on the location and your settings for start/end times :)

charnelhouse

Good to know :D

Is strange. It shows location sunrise at 6:10 but light adjusted sunrise at 9:16.

I've tried turning the dynamic off and on.

charnelhouse

It's matching the day length, not the actual sunrise time. I have my night set at 10:30 so it's going backwards 13 hours from there and making that sunrise.

If I set both dynamic to on it matches sunrise/sunset time. Why is this "not recommended"?

jedimasterben

If you set both, your actual start time will be 6:10AM Pacific Time, end time as whatever it says for today, it won't follow your morning start or night start times and will follow exactly what your location is in real time.

jedimasterben

Let's say that we used my location, Bora Bora. It is currently 9:12AM here, and is currently 3:12AM there, so they're 6 hours behind EST. Today's sunrise is at 6:17AM and sunset is at 5:53PM, so if I used both Dynamic Sunrise and Sunset, then my tank lights would turn on at 12:17PM and would turn off at 11:53PM EST.

If left at the 'default' location of Nausori, Fiji, which is 8 hours behind EST, then my actual start time would be 2:17PM and end time would be 1:50AM.

charnelhouse

Granted if you have your location set to a far away time zone your light will be out of sync with your actual time.

But that isn't a "not recommended" setting issue. At least not in pure tech speak. Not recommended should be reserved for settings that can cause performance issues.

The description of the dynamic settings is a little misleading. It's matching photo period, not actual time, if you only use one of them.

Anyway, putting this here for the record in case anyone else has the same question. The controller still rocks, even with its little quirks.

Archived