Pod Your Reef

First Anemone

AlejandroDelRey

AlejandroDelRey

Any updates?

My female clownfish ripped off more than half of the tentacles within the following day :-( but my nem did bounce back, it's been opening fully for the last days and it's already growing back its tentacles and they're all nice and bubbly! I guess it didn't like the way I had ramped up the light intensity before.

• 2 weeks later...
phillyclownfish

My female clownfish ripped off more than half of the tentacles within the following day :-( but my nem did bounce back, it's been opening fully for the last days and it's already growing back its tentacles and they're all nice and bubbly! I guess it didn't like the way I had ramped up the light intensity before.

Wow that's a promising sign for it to be growing back.

IronChefItaly

I have a razor LED over my mixed reef. To find a good intensity I found it worked well to start low (30% in my case) then increase 5% every two weeks. Doing it this way you get a good idea of how each coral responds to the different light intensities. Finally when my LPS started to get washed out (55%) I backed off to 45% and everything including my nem have been happy since. 1% a week seems quite impractical.

Cencalfishguy56

gorgeous Nem! Make sure to keep this thing big and healthy so you can split it lol
AlejandroDelRey

Wow that's a promising sign for it to be growing back.

Yes, here she is almost back to her former glory! :-)

This picture's from 3 days ago

IMG_7695.jpg

And this one's from this morning :-)

FullSizeRender%203.jpg

gorgeous Nem! Make sure to keep this thing big and healthy so you can split it lol

Thanks! I think I'm too p*ssy to actually slice it in half myself tho lol

Cencalfishguy56

Yes, here she is almost back to her former glory! :-)

This picture's from 3 days ago

IMG_7695.jpg

And this one's from this morning :-)

FullSizeRender%203.jpg

Thanks! I think I'm too p*ssy to actually slice it in half myself tho lol

lol me too! I meant natural split my bad haha
  • 2 weeks later...
Cencalfishguy56

If you feed it once a week, it'll split. Mine will usually split right after a large water change.

i feed mine every other day and they are growing quick!
StinkyBunny

The problem is, the variant I have splits if you look at it the wrong way and I have gotten tired of the damn things, lol.

e4fXGhp.jpg

Right below the huge Cladiella Colt coral. That is one of the original 11 we had from my wife's 130D.

Cencalfishguy56

The problem is, the variant I have splits if you look at it the wrong way and I have gotten tired of the damn things, lol.

e4fXGhp.jpg

Right below the huge Cladiella Colt coral. That is one of the original 11 we had from my wife's 130D.

7A7AD45B-FAC7-4031-BE91-701C7F4B987C_zps

I want my variants to split! To help fund this addiction haha

AlejandroDelRey

If you feed it once a week, it'll split. Mine will usually split right after a large water change.

Feed mine twice a week. No split so far, but that's good. It's not big enough yet.

e4fXGhp.jpg

Nice acans ;) They look just like the ones I have!

7A7AD45B-FAC7-4031-BE91-701C7F4B987C_zps

I want my variants to split! To help fund this addiction haha

Woah :o The one on the bottom left looks really nice.

Cencalfishguy56

Feed mine twice a week. No split so far, but that's good. It's not big enough yet.

Nice acans ;) They look just like the ones I have!

Woah :o The one on the bottom left looks really nice.

thank you! It's a bit bleached but it's a neon green and pink

Archived