Coral Vue Hydros

Paradise on the Prairie

flatlandreefer

flatlandreefer

I got my reef keeper lite. I fired it up and played around with it without hooking it up to anything today. I think I have it figured out. If everything goes as planned I am going to hook it up tomorrow. I did test the temp probe and it was spot on so that made me happy. 

• 2 weeks later...
flatlandreefer

I walked over to the tank tonight and saw that my RFA was huge! It dose this every once in a while, not sure exactly why, but it is really neat when it does. 

IMG_4776.JPG

IMG_4777.JPG

• Like 1
flatlandreefer

A few updates. 

The reefkeeper lite has been working well! I really like how easy it is to adjust dosing times and not have to worry about a stand alone timer not being set correctly. 

I had to pull the nepthea out of my jar as it was really not doing well and not opening up.  After about a week of being in this tank it started to open back up and it looks great now.  Over the weekend I was able to make it to a LFS and picked a few things up.  I picked up a red goniopora, not sure where I am going to put it but I have been wanting one for a while.  I also picked up a green slimer acro, this will be a cheap test acro to see if I can have better luck than I have had in the past with acropora.  I also picked up a Midas blenny! I really like the blenny, both the coloring and the personality.  The blenny currently camps out in the green goniopora. 

My main pest currently is an outbreak of cyano.  I have gotten rid of all the hair algae that I used to have.  Currently I plan on keeping the sand bed stirred up and riding the cyano problem out. 

IMG_4818.JPG

IMG_4819.JPG

IMG_4820.JPG

• Like 2