Innovative Marine Aquariums

Ryan's BC 29G

Ranjib

4th July update 

fts

DSC_0132

Tank is doing good, other than a small patch where I am controlling gha outbreak. I am seeing a consistent pattern of gha and cyano everywhere there are two corals fighting (encrusting) for space. Tissue loss due to aggression leads to gha and cyano.

DSC_0235

orange leptoseris, I used to think it’s organge only, but now it reveals bright green skin in between the mouths under high light, low light areas are all covered by mouths only, which is orange , so no green tints there

DSC_0148

DSC_0154

and 

DSC_0156

red dragon 

DSC_0161

The goniopora is doing ok after the location change, blue tubs is growing faster than its neighbors 

DSC_0237

Cyphastrea closeup

DSC_0187

Fruit loops on the same island is slowly taking hold, after some recent wins over cyano

DSC_0186

Zoa island is out of all real estate , I am thinking if I should start fragging some la lakers and let the blondes grow more

DSC_0201

On top sps island is also mostly occupied.

DSC_0176

Here is my acro mounted on top of purple style 

DSC_0241

The other mini colony

DSC_0240

Green slimer closeup

DSC_0177

i am thinking of getting rid of all montipora digitata, it grows faster than everything else and also kills of most other sps

DSC_0168

my forest fire digitata is almost gone by this ,,, I may try growbig some of this in a pico, that will also serve a good case for testing the new 12v wave maker for pico (reef-pi), 

That’s all for now,

happy reefing

• Like 5
  • 4 weeks later...

Current fts 

DSC_0299

Under blue 

DSC_0266

Sps continue to grow , 

DSC_0263

DSC_0272

DSC_0285

Macros

DSC_0310

DSC_0311

DSC_0321

At the bottom , blue tubs have grown in number of heads 

DSC_0269

Cyphastrea is encrusting slowly 

DSC_0267

Jack o lantern is finally started to encrust on the rock. This is supposed to be an easy to keep coral, so I am assuming.. probably it’s not getting enough light . There’s also cyano issue in this rock 

DSC_0329

Trachy ... i think the red color for some reason pops more in the photo than in reality 

DSC_0327

the other rock at the bottom is zoa Garden .... kinda

Under blue 

DSC_0288

Normal light 

DSC_0300

The orange lepto is turning into green and yellow lepto under high light , the same coral in darker areas remained in its original color , which is orange

DSC_0304

Macro of Hammer 

DSC_0335

That’s all for now, happy reefing 

• Wow 2
  • 4 weeks later...

Tank updates ..

major self induced disaster. I killer three sps few days back while trying to get rid of sporadic hair algae on them. I soaked them in cold di water (didn’t realize in the beginning ). I feel so stupid in retrospect. One of the sps I lost was the only frag I had , the rest two have other frags , leptoseris some how managed to survive . I have reglued other sps frags at the same place. This was a major tank mishap in past one year, and a hard reminder of paying attention to temperature and salinity (should have been obvious in retrospect)

You can notice the bleached montipora , I have dumped the acro

43565931354_5ee21b3af2_b.jpg

It used to look like this 😞

DSC_0263

Rest of the tank is doing ok. I am dealing with sporadic but persistent cyano issues on places where corals are fighting among each other , causing tissue necrosis 

29347243797_d2c4873ab3_b.jpg

this acro is almost a mini colony now

29347242737_d664b53eed_b.jpg

Sps continue to grow on each other 

44234697202_d5902d2bf2_b.jpg

Microgoniopora has grown significantly as well, I worry it will fight with the encrusting lepto soon , it will be interesting to see who wins

30416070888_b3e99dd461_b.jpg

Other corals at th bottom of the tank , cyano and gha issue is present , but under control 

44234694832_4308a8a8cb_b.jpg

Back of the tank , green and orange capricornis, gsp on the  wall and the green pociliopora that grows in any condition 🙂

42475258890_5cb90f9830_b.jpg

thats all for now, happy Sunday 

• Like 3
  • 2 weeks later...

Current FTS  (photos taken under heavy blue, then white balance corrected using Camera+ iphone app)

44013125484_8afbea63d4_b.jpg

Zoa garden is already out of space, some of the la lakers have started to grow on the tank bottom,

44013125764_ecfecbee44_b.jpg

bubble coral has gotten humongous, 

29794216667_559d500746_b.jpg

When I turn off my mp10, its inflates even more.. and the mouth is clearly visible (i am assuming this is ok)

44013125224_6c56760371_b.jpg

happy reefing

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Current macros,

Zoa island

zoa-1

zoa-3

jack o lantern

js_lepto

No name acro, that's glued on top of purple stylophora

acro

Green slimer

gs_1

Acro frags are taking hold

acro_3

acro-frag

Red dragon

rd-2

Cyphastrea

cyphastrea

Leptoseris

DSC_0487

• Like 1
  • 4 weeks later...

Tank is humming along

grace-fts

mostly focusing on sps growth , acros are continue to grow slowly but steadily 

Some macro shots

acro-2

And

pink-acro-1

I think tank is more stable now, red dragon is not only growing in height but also getting thicker

red_dragon

But they are now seriously invading each other’s space

grace-acros-island

My frags that are grafted in the middle section is now showing some growth

acro-5

The zoa island is kinda frozen in time ,no space left there

zoa-1

I love this lepto , it’s not very common amd looks kinda similar to purple coralline , but has a distinct texture 

pink_lepto

This is the other island at the bottom , slowly growing out , 

cyphastrea

Rarely I get a good shot of my fish 

grace-sizline

Clown 

nemo

thats it for now 🙂 , thank you for reading through my thread 

• Like 2
  • 5 weeks later...

Some changes on the sps /acro island on top . Current fts 

46105564282_e34712ae78_b.jpg

oneof the acro was showing some stn from bottom , have fragged and regrafted it’s parts on the bottom island and in the middle 

45243927065_07ec93957e_b.jpg

we’ll see if the large frag makes it. I have couple of othe smaller frags of this in different parts of the tank ,but this was the biggest 

Hopefully this will let the millipora and green slimer some space to grow 

44339244140_8393d830ef_b.jpg

I think I have to trim or prune the other large acro colonies as well , else the new frags will be shaded 

45243926835_2a197d17dc_b.jpg

Red dragon closeup

44339239920_ac99293cee_b.jpg

Yellow lepto closeup 

44339242920_02b1db269a_b.jpg

Micro goniopora 

46105563252_51d6d65b7e_b.jpg

Zoa island 

46156322061_6a93dbde34_b.jpg

my apartment move is coming later this month , thinking of making some long due changes , or just keep it simple and move as it is, it’s already a lot of work 🙂

• Like 3

Love your tank and pics! What light are you running on it. I tried looking through the thread but must have missed it. Unless, it's still stock like it says in the first post?!

• Like 1

Some macro shots

Cyphastrea

cyphastrea-1

Acro frag taking a hold

acro2

Rainbow monti

rainbow-monti

Jack o lantern

jackolamtern-1

Blue tubbs

zoa-1

Micro goniopora

micro-goni-2

Blondes 

zoo2

Bubble coral

bubble

• Like 1

You have a really incredible Biocube.  I love those tanks and have been very successful with them in the past but yours is on another level.  I enjoyed looking through your pics.  Well done.

• Like 1
8 hours ago, Poodges said:

You have a really incredible Biocube.  I love those tanks and have been very successful with them in the past but yours is on another level.  I enjoyed looking through your pics.  Well done.

Thank you . Almost all my techniques are leaned from here 🙂

• 6 months later...

Updating thread after a long time. Life has been busy with the kid, reef-pi development and an apartment change in between. Lot has happened since last update , I did some major rearrangement after the move. Gave away  bunch of large lps (frogspawn , bubble ) before the move as I was planning to make some space for sps after the move and lost some acros during the move . Anyway here is how the tank looks now,

after the apartment move and rock changes the tank looked pretty bad for couple of weeks , then slowly it started looking better. Now sps is again started to grow. Here is a recent photo of my red dragon 

i got the chance to arrange a whole lotta thing during this. Many previous mistakes around coral arrangement was addressed. For example this blue lepto was in dark place and didn’t grow for almost a year (also didn’t die). It’s growing finally, now that I have relocated it in another place , shaded but with still with decent light

i have glued bambam and blondes in other shaded areas of the tank . They are showing some growth now 

the original zoa island is still there, but I had removed a lot of bam bam and blondies and starfire(??or chemical romance ?) from there to other parts to give the acan some space. It’s been paying off

I had almost entirely eradicated Liam’s Clove from my tank . I like it, but it’s evasive . I had kept one or two in isolated places. Now they have grown into mini colonies. Still thinking what to do 

dont feel like throwing them :-/, but space is premium

• Like 3
  • 3 weeks later...

Current FTS 

cyphastrea has started growing on glass bottom

red dragon growth spurt is still on 😉

Blondes , under low light , low flow placement 

• Wow 1