20160703_212835-01.jpeg

20160703_212847-01.jpeg

20160703_212904-01.jpeg

20160703_212935-01.jpeg

20160703_213009-01.jpeg

20160703_213149-01.jpeg

20160703_213203-01.jpeg

Looking good! Tank needs some fish :-)

Haha yes... I'm headed to #SDCC in a few weeks but when I get back... it's full on fish time!

nice tank! i like the scape

Thanks! I wish I had a 350! haha

• Like 4
KuruptPixel

The 4th picture from the bottom, are those sunny d's? Really nice looking zoas either way.

I got them from a frag rack at my LFS so I'm not totally sure but that's what I always assumed they are. However, with all the names these things get they might be 'Super Bam Bam Radiant Coco Nubs' - I made that up. I think. If I did, I'm trademarking it. :)

• Like 2

So hows it working out with the two mp10's on the back glass? Id like to add another one at one point as I don't feel like one is enough.

North Borders

So hows it working out with the two mp10's on the back glass? Id like to add another one at one point as I don't feel like one is enough.

+1 to this. I'm running 2 mp10's in my Reefer Nano, but can't seem to find a sweet spot doing them earmuff style.

KuruptPixel

what kind of camera are you using? the pictures look awesome

Thanks! I have an old Cannon Rebel I usually use but all these recent ones I have just been using my Samsung S6 Edge haha.

• Like 1
KuruptPixel

I love it. It gives it SO much more directional flow. I have a few big 'purge' blasts through out the day but mostly they run in Lagoon and Reef Crest. I alternate the sides power wise so it's not constant on each end. The reason I got the second one was to get them off the side glass and get them out of the way. With the back glass being tinted you really don't see them.

• Like 1

I love it. It gives it SO much more directional flow. I have a few big 'purge' blasts through out the day but mostly they run in Lagoon and Reef Crest. I alternate the sides power wise so it's not constant on each end. The reason I got the second one was to get them off the side glass and get them out of the way. With the back glass being tinted you really don't see them.

what percent do you run them at?

KuruptPixel

what percent do you run them at?

Throughout the day they run from about 35%-65%. At 8pm they pulse at 85% for a bit of a cleanse. I am still trying to find a good alternating flow pattern though. This seems to work and all the corals are open and liking it so far.

• Like 2
KuruptPixel

I run my single mp10 on reef rest with a peak of 80% and I still have some dead spots.

Yeah that's why I got the second. I found the same thing. Being a straight up cube I think you need to hit it from more sides.

I'm really liking this build! You've done a great job so far. When are the fish coming?

Question - what is the footprint of the overflow? I noticed it makes these alcoves on either side, how big are those?

KuruptPixel

I'm really liking this build! You've done a great job so far. When are the fish coming?

Question - what is the footprint of the overflow? I noticed it makes these alcoves on either side, how big are those?

Hey thanks! I'm headed out on vacation next week. I wanted to wait until after that so it can run on auto pilot and not worry about feedings. Yeah, they are about 3.5" square on each side. They fit and hide the MP10's perfectly though.

Hey thanks! I'm headed out on vacation next week. I wanted to wait until after that so it can run on auto pilot and not worry about feedings. Yeah, they are about 3.5" square on each side. They fit and hide the MP10's perfectly though.

Thanks so that means the overflow footprint is 3.5 deep X 11 wide?

KuruptPixel

Thanks so that means the overflow footprint is 3.5 deep X 11 wide?

Yeah, sorry I officially measured it - it's 3 3/4" but 10.5". My eyeball's failed me earlier!

• Like 2
  • 4 weeks later...

Any updates? I'm looking into getting a Reefer Nano myself, and I have been following your build!

Hey! I was just going to do that this morning! I have been in and out of vacation the last few weeks and have only been home about 3 days in total so the tank went without a water change for almost 3 weeks. Normally I do 5G a week. I was expecting to get home to a bloomed out mess but everything was happy and thriving!

I did do a water change on Sunday and now I have a brown spot on the sand :( Nutrient replenishment I guess.

FTS - August 2016

2016-08-09%2020.35.46.jpg

• Like 1

I did a good sump clean up the other day and removed the black sponge that comes with the Reefer (that goes in the baffle before the return chamber) and put the Marine Pure balls in that slot. They fit perfectly. I added a strip of floss on top just to catch anything that gets through. It's like a Plinko board now.

I also added two Hydor 240's. 1 in the return chamber and 1 in the main chamber. They create enough flow to keep things moving for the most part. Have noticed a HUGE difference in the return section. It's so clean back there now, nothing settles.

Last night

2016-08-09%2020.34.32.jpg

2016-08-10%2008.53.33.jpg

• Like 3

OH! And I guess the biggest update - After almost 3 years of the Reef addiction -

I GOT A FISH! :D A tiny Tail Spot Blenny!

It stresses me out. Got him Monday night and acclimated him for about an hour just to make sure he was ok. Turned out the lights and let him settle in. I wake up in the middle of the night now and bust out the flash light to look around the tank in case he has jumped.

As of today he looks happy and healthy! Still basically in hiding in the back of the rock work but I would expect that. I'll grab some pics once he gets more comfortable.

I have a screen kit but haven't had time to put it together yet. Will do that by the weekend hopefully.

• Like 4

It's looking great, got the same tank (as well as a reefer 450) ...

Running all the same equipment almost as you actually, however.. I can't get the Bubble magus Curve 5 to work at all...?

How have you got yours set up?.. Mine is Super noisy .. air sort of noise, i can lower noise by lifting it up but then the bubbles no where near reach the cup.. not sure if it's faulty or what.. It was bought brand new :)