SaltCritters.com

William's Red Sea Reefer Nano - The Final Countdown

William

• 4 weeks later...

All good things have to end.... and im sad to say that I plan to shut this tank down....😭

But im also happy to say that I will be transitioning the livestock to a Waterbox 70:2😀

*if anyone in the NYC area is looking for a great Nano Tank, LMK !

• Like 5
4 hours ago, Ratvan said:

Did you have a lid on this system when you had the Eel? Or did you rely on a dropped water level to keep it in the tank?

I keep the lid on it 

• Thanks 1
  • 4 months later...
34 minutes ago, Rehype said:

Hey Will loved what you did with this build. Could you provide some details on the transfer to the waterbox?

Thanks! What questions do you have? 

4 minutes ago, William said:

Thanks! What questions do you have? 

How did you go about it? Did you transfer everything in one shot or was it in phases? Any livestock losses? unexpected nutrient spikes?

30 minutes ago, Rehype said:

How did you go about it? Did you transfer everything in one shot or was it in phases? Any livestock losses? unexpected nutrient spikes?

For the most part I transferred everything in one day. My main losses were some of my SPS colonies. I lost a large colony of birdsnest and a large colony of setosa after the move. I did not transfer my sand so I think I avoided a major nutrient spike. Since I moved the tank i have been batteling dinos...

• Like 1