inTank Media Baskets

CenCal's 20L Shallow Reef Revamp: Update 11/11

Cencalfishguy56

Cencalfishguy56

Your anemone's look absolutely incredible. The coloration is really good!

thanks dpolt! They are spoiled, I feed them every other day and they always seem happy as can be haha

779495F2-3E83-4B13-B921-420DC549988A_zps

Shots from the past couple days

I just had to bring this nem picture up to this page, it's absolutely beautiful :wub:

Sorry about your midas, but the tank looks great! And it sounds like you are getting MTS (mutliple tank syndrome :lol:)

Cencalfishguy56

I just had to bring this nem picture up to this page, it's absolutely beautiful :wub:

Sorry about your midas, but the tank looks great! And it sounds like you are getting MTS (mutliple tank syndrome :lol:)

thankyou! Definitely my favorite out of the bunch! I was bummed about the Midas but he was an ass to my clowns so I guess there's a win and lose there, yes MTS is starting to hit! My lady was iffy about another one but she said the 20 L is very well upkept and agreed to start another! Now for stocking the 10 I'm not sure what I want haha
  • Like 1
Cencalfishguy56

Love it! Everything looks great! Even the tang looks happy ?

thanks PJ! Everything is happy! The tang is doing perfect in this tank and I'm pleasantly surprised! :)
Cencalfishguy56

Fusion 10 leak test since I have time today ;)

First impressions: beautiful tank, stock pump can work with correct angling of the nozzle, why the hell is there that little glass bottom on chamber one and two?

AI Prime: controllability is beyond awesome! I like my kessil shimmer better but a solid light all around

• Like 1

Fusion 10 leak test since I have time today ;)

First impressions: beautiful tank, stock pump can work with correct angling of the nozzle, why the hell is there that little glass bottom on chamber one and two?

AI Prime: controllability is beyond awesome! I like my kessil shimmer better but a solid light all around

Didnt know you were setting up a 10g! Good stuff!

Cencalfishguy56

Didnt know you were setting up a 10g! Good stuff!

lol wasn't going to but a reefer that's local had an offer that was a steal for the tank and prime, with some other stuff like heater and power head, likely gonna ditch both tho and put my 75 watt heater from my 20 Long in this tank and buy the 100 watt neotherm for the 20 Long now that winter is coming!
Cencalfishguy56

Quick tip on the prime. Best photo setting is around 13k at 65%

sweet thanks bro! What are your settings color wise? Still getting used to it but I turned green off ramped up violet, blue, deep blue, white at 45% and uv up all the way but I mean when I get livestock it will all be lower percentages
Cencalfishguy56

I dont run greens or reds at all. At its height uv70% db80% v70% b70% cw35%

thanks! Helps a lot, I planned on only running the same colors as well, tricky because kessil only uses 3 color blends I believe, white, blue, and UV

Nice! Somebody explained the dead spot somewhere in the IM10 thread I think. It was a technical reason, I think having to do with ensuring there was enough water volume when water levels change, or maybe just to get the skimmer positioned at the right height. Or maybe it was aliens, I forget.

I just remember thinking "Oh, OK, that makes sense." And then I forgot all about it :lol:

Cencalfishguy56

Nice! Somebody explained the dead spot somewhere in the IM10 thread I think. It was a technical reason, I think having to do with ensuring there was enough water volume when water levels change, or maybe just to get the skimmer positioned at the right height. Or maybe it was aliens, I forget.

I just remember thinking "Oh, OK, that makes sense." And then I forgot all about it :lol:

lol definitely aliens, that would explain it!
  • Like 1

Damn man, that rose bubble mid tank is killer! Really nice setup you got going on! I read that you said the tang was temporary, how long you planning on keeping him? I'm not the tang police, I'm just curious lol

Cencalfishguy56

Damn man, that rose bubble mid tank is killer! Really nice setup you got going on! I read that you said the tang was temporary, how long you planning on keeping him? I'm not the tang police, I'm just curious lol

thanks dude was hoping for it to stay there and so far so good! It just needs to angle itself more so we can see the green base! My sister is almost done having her house built so he will either go in the system I'm setting up for her or a buddy of mine that I got him from I'll be giving him back when he gets his 100 gallon up and running or I'll end up taking it to the LFS because we all know each other locally haha as for setup I really love it just wish I did some stuff differently like plumbing through the back instead of peninsula style although I love that you can see through the tank

thanks dude was hoping for it to stay there and so far so good! It just needs to angle itself more so we can see the green base! My sister is almost done having her house built so he will either go in the system I'm setting up for her or a buddy of mine that I got him from I'll be giving him back when he gets his 100 gallon up and running or I'll end up taking it to the LFS because we all know each other locally haha as for setup I really love it just wish I did some stuff differently like plumbing through the back instead of peninsula style although I love that you can see through the tank

I think the peninsula style is pretty sweet!

Cencalfishguy56

I think the peninsula style is pretty sweet!

yea it is! I was new to sumps and did a 3/4" instead of an 1" overflow, also wish I did an emergency drain but oh well so far so good lol really thinking about stealing your buffet table idea later on in the future an inspiring build for sure man
Cencalfishguy56

that 10 already looks dope man!

thanks dude! not sure what I'm going for yet, but I enjoyed the carribean section at monterey bay aquarium as well as the baja exhibit so maybe a look towards those exhibits? I really love the interaction of clowns and anemones so I thought about stealing one of my BTAs and ordering a couple clowns and maybe a couple gobies, still not sure yet lol too many options man

Cencalfishguy56

FBCE7255-63B4-4005-AB19-BFE742319F91_zps

After waiting and waiting and waiting I have found my pink streaked wrasse!!! I'm so stoked! She/he will be going in the fusion 10! The 20 Long for now stay tuned!

• Like 2