Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

CenCal's 20L Shallow Reef Revamp: Update 11/11

Cencalfishguy56

Cencalfishguy56

Great pics! Sump looks nice....and very neat! Love your zoas

thankyou! Took a good two hours to clean the sump up lol and simple zoas but love them!
Cencalfishguy56

Too bad the damsel is a prick... Hes pretty.

right, just when I thought I had a Good Samaritan on my hands but I'm kinda happy, now I can add fish with a piece of mind
  • Like 1
Cencalfishguy56

Well reefers my fish are all in QT, I have no clue how they contracted ich! I quarantined all of the fish before they were even introduced, my guess is the cysts probably cam on the last coral frags I put in the tank, kinda shitty but all fish are active and eating, treating with CP so let's see how it goes

mystersyster

Good you caught it fast. Same thing happened to me... AGAIN. Once I put fish back in the aquarium, I'm going to QT all corals and inverts.

Cencalfishguy56

Sorry to hear about that. Good you acted fast. Hope all goes well with them.

me too! Thanks for the good wishes

Nice tank! Sorry about the ich, how long do you QT for?

thank you! And I quarantined for three weeks each fish, no signs at all and it's been a solid month with the damsel and two months or so with clowns, outbreak started 2-3 days ago but I thought it was my eyes at first, I just started the chloroquine phosphate, have you tried it yet?

Good you caught it fast. Same thing happened to me... AGAIN. Once I put fish back in the aquarium, I'm going to QT all corals and inverts.

me too man, shit is a PITA when you do everything right but still get f*d haha

Ich sucks. At least you have a QT set up. I love that clown.

yea man lesson learned from my old tank! QTs make life easier! Much easier! But that clown is my favorite fish in the tank right now

me too! Thanks for the good wishes

thank you! And I quarantined for three weeks each fish, no signs at all and it's been a solid month with the damsel and two months or so with clowns, outbreak started 2-3 days ago but I thought it was my eyes at first, I just started the chloroquine phosphate, have you tried it yet?

me too man, shit is a PITA when you do everything right but still get f*d haha

yea man lesson learned from my old tank! QTs make life easier! Much easier! But that clown is my favorite fish in the tank right now

They do say QT 8-12 weeks. Maybe it was hiding in the gills. Not sure why it decided to go full blown though. Maybe the damsel being a jackass stressed everyone out? You did say he didn't get mean till recently?

Just tried CP recently, have a damsel in QT. No signs of Ich but I hear CP is pretty gentle compared to copper so went ahead with treatment anyways because I don't want to QT the full 8-12 weeks....tooo long. So far so good.

Cencalfishguy56

They do say QT 8-12 weeks. Maybe it was hiding in the gills. Not sure why it decided to go full blown though. Maybe the damsel being a jackass stressed everyone out? You did say he didn't get mean till recently?

Just tried CP recently, have a damsel in QT. No signs of Ich but I hear CP is pretty gentle compared to copper so went ahead with treatment anyways because I don't want to QT the full 8-12 weeks....tooo long. So far so good.

yea true and once he's cleared I'm taking his ass back to the LFS haha but I've heard nothing but good things about CP so I have my fingers crossed! I should have done it as a precautionary measure but at the three week mark I didn't see anything and I used paraguard which builds slime coat, he had a damaged fin and it healed up very quickly, I did 80mg/gallon since they were already infected I'll keep you updated
Cencalfishguy56

I'd love to have a BTA. I'm just so worried about it moving around and stinging other corals.

mine didn't move much tbh, just get one lol

mine didn't move much tbh, just get one lol

Do they like little flow or high flow? I'm not sure where else I could put it other than the rock in the middle of my tank, but that rock gets a ton of flow from the filter.

Cencalfishguy56

Do they like little flow or high flow? I'm not sure where else I could put it other than the rock in the middle of my tank, but that rock gets a ton of flow from the filter.

mine have moderate flow, I think higher flow makes them less bubbly lol but just set it in the middle and see what happens, that's what I would do

mine have moderate flow, I think higher flow makes them less bubbly lol but just set it in the middle and see what happens, that's what I would do

I'll have to find one I can afford first lol.

Cencalfishguy56

I'll have to find one I can afford first lol.

look local, I'm on 3 Facebook pages lol I usually see them for $30-40, just the rose colored ones