ReefCleaners.org

CenCal's 20L Shallow Reef Revamp: Update 11/11

Cencalfishguy56

FBCE7255-63B4-4005-AB19-BFE742319F91_zps

After waiting and waiting and waiting I have found my pink streaked wrasse!!! I'm so stoked! She/he will be going in the fusion 10! The 20 Long for now stay tuned!

Yay! Hope he makes the trip ok!
Cencalfishguy56

that's a cool wrasse, we put a 6line in ours and it added so much character and movement. blue had some pretty nice 7 line ones today.

thanks man! I went by blue the other day but nobody answered the door lol I like 7 lines

Yay! Hope he makes the trip ok!

me too! I didn't think it through but how is yours with crabs and shrimps? I will house him temporarily in the 20 till the 10 is cycled but I have a cleaner and a few hermits in the 20 lol
  • Like 1

thanks man! I went by blue the other day but nobody answered the door lol I like 7 lines

me too! I didn't think it through but how is yours with crabs and shrimps? I will house him temporarily in the 20 till the 10 is cycled but I have a cleaner and a few hermits in the 20 lol

think they are closed sunday and monday got a couple nice acans today

Cencalfishguy56

think they are closed sunday and monday got a couple nice acans today

thats what I went there for and an elegance coral but I went on Wednesday and he had an open sign but when I tried the security door it was locked and I looked around but he was nowhere in the shop lol

How much did you pay for each acan?

thats what I went there for and an elegance coral but I went on Wednesday and he had an open sign but when I tried the security door it was locked and I looked around but he was nowhere in the shop lol

How much did you pay for each acan?

only 25 bucks, probably around 10 heads on each.

• Like 1
Cencalfishguy56

my rainbow i got from him has close to quartered in a month. He said he would be getting a bunch of aussie stuff in next wednesday.

thats when I plan on going I don't get paid till next week and I'm trying to hold off but it's hard haha

Both of my clowns fins are ripped!!!! This Midas is seriously being a punk! I'm thinking of adding a sixline to calm aggression and I've always wanted one! Any thoughts? I'm pretty pissed because my clowns cost more than the damn blenny

Wow that's crazy! My Midas is completely not aggressive with any of his tank mates!

It ####### jumped!! I found it today :( time for a screen lid

Yeah Midas - and generally all blennies are known jumpers. Mine has hit the screen top more than a few times :(

Sorry about the Blenny.

6682C018-1475-451B-86FA-3F360EF4A6E5_zps

Don't shoot me! This is temporary I swear ;) lol and no this is not my liveaquaria order!

:lol: the "temporary" tang is beautiful

Fitzgerald (my PSW) doesn't bother anything. They're small and a little bit shy. Fitzgerald spent most of his time hiding in the back rocks for the first couple months, but then he started coming out regularly. Now he's out almost all the time.

Cencalfishguy56

Wow that's crazy! My Midas is completely not aggressive with any of his tank mates!

Yeah Midas - and generally all blennies are known jumpers. Mine has hit the screen top more than a few times :(

Sorry about the Blenny.

:lol: the "temporary" tang is beautiful

yea I was bummed for a while but I think I'm gonna get a nice little tail spot for the 10, the tang is so pretty and eats like a champ recently started feeding rods fish food and my fish go nuts! Love that stuff! I also added a mesh lid so there's a love hate relationship with that lol

Fitzgerald (my PSW) doesn't bother anything. They're small and a little bit shy. Fitzgerald spent most of his time hiding in the back rocks for the first couple months, but then he started coming out regularly. Now he's out almost all the time.

so awesome! He will be perfect in the 10 then, where he can be seen more easily
Cencalfishguy56

what you using for pics and video? i have a nikon i need to pull out and learn to shoot the tank with.

i really wanna get a DSLR but I just use an iPhone 7 and it actually isn't too bad, shoots videos in 4K also
  • Like 1
Cencalfishguy56

well shit, wow that's some good video / pics from it.

lol hell yea dude I'm constantly taking pics but I usually take mine at peak time of my tank lights so the pics aren't so flushed with blue, a Nikon is a good point and shoot camera tho
Cencalfishguy56

Awww, that's great! You got nem love and a PSW all in one week :)

right! I'm so excited! :D

Wrasse lips crack me up. Constant duckface.

lol constantly looking for a kiss
  • Like 3
Cencalfishguy56

So thinking of adding easier colorful branching sps in the middle of the rockwork, any ideas? Thinking pocillopora, birds nest, ect. The more colorful variants of course, how demanding are they element wise? I have kits and dosing additives, actually thinking of hooking up a doser by Christmas time, thanks is advance guys!

• Like 1

Stylos are super easy and they're pretty. Either green or purple look really good.

Any SPS that's happy will grow fast and suck up lots of alk. But I did manual dosing, once a day, for months after I first needed to dose. The corals did fine with manual dosing, it was me that couldn't handle it :happy:

Here's a picture of my old 4g tank with the green stylo I had in it. It was pretty much unkillable :)

25860760624_9417f3683f_b.jpg2016-04-16 Cadlights 4g FTS by TeenyReef, on Flickr

• Like 4
Cencalfishguy56

Stylos are super easy and they're pretty. Either green or purple look really good.

Any SPS that's happy will grow fast and suck up lots of alk. But I did manual dosing, once a day, for months after I first needed to dose. The corals did fine with manual dosing, it was me that couldn't handle it :happy:

Here's a picture of my old 4g tank with the green stylo I had in it. It was pretty much unkillable :)

25860760624_9417f3683f_b.jpg2016-04-16 Cadlights 4g FTS by TeenyReef, on Flickr

wow gorgeous mini colony! Really inspiring teeny, I definitely want to do a purple and green mix of stylos, also a pink stylo or Birds of paradise birds nest?

http://www.mattscorals.com/stylophora-frag-5/

This one is gorgeous!

• Like 1