ReefCleaners.org

CenCal's 20L Shallow Reef Revamp: Update 11/11

Cencalfishguy56

Watch out for that Jewel damsel, they can grow quite large and become incredibly aggressive. I think they lose those spots as well.

Cencalfishguy56

Mine is a pale green since it was bleached when I bought it, not even as close to being as nice as yours. My clowns swim literally less than six inches away from it and don't even look at it. I've tried once before to get them to host a BTA but it seems ocellaris clowns host ritteri anemones in the wild but hopefully mine and yours will figure it out :D.

ohhh then you might have a beauty once it colors up! Just keep it fed and it should be a beauty! But my davinci clown literally touched the tentacles as soon as it went in the tank lol so I'm hoping at least that clown leads the pair, plus she's gonna be the female I can already tell by her dominance, but yea I'm sure our clowns will figure it out one way or another!

Later down the road I might try to do something like that and trap the clown near the anemone if he won't go in it. Seems like a pretty good plan

yup just wait for it to settle and if the clown doesn't figure it out might try the trap method! Lol I'm not in a hurry, I find anemones to be beautiful creatures all on their own

Watch out for that Jewel damsel, they can grow quite large and become incredibly aggressive. I think they lose those spots as well.

yea that's what I have read before also! This guy is pretty big already I'm thinking not much bigger, so far aggression hasn't been seen, during feeding time the clowns and the damsel literally eat right next to each other and even during swimming have bumped into each other lol but no fighting thus far but I'll keep an eye out! As far the spots I have read that also, mine has a white tail while others have yellow tails, so we will see how the color changes, he has blue highlights along his dorsal fin and underside
  • Like 1

Funny when they move to weird spots, mine hasnt moved since being placed in the tank. I honestly dont think its super happy though it refuses to move.

mystersyster

Melevsreef said don't expect your anemone to come out on its own. I don't know much of anything about anemones... but he has some pretty huge ones!

Cencalfishguy56

Melevsreef said don't expect your anemone to come out on its own. I don't know much of anything about anemones... but he has some pretty huge ones!

my other one came out on its own, it hid for about two weeks and is front and center open everyday for the past two months or so lol I've seen his though!

Beautiful nem! Following along :)

thank you! Stay tuned :)

Funny when they move to weird spots, mine hasnt moved since being placed in the tank. I honestly dont think its super happy though it refuses to move.

the spot it's at in your tank is perfect to me! Lol
Cencalfishguy56

your setup looks awesome man, also thank you for you help with my tank i really apericate it

thanks man! This tank will be something one day (I hope) lol but definitely have put a lot of time and effort into this one compared to my previous one, I only have 3-4 years of reefing under my belt but I've been through trial and error so don't be afraid to ask me anything I'd be glad to help you the best I can!

my other one came out on its own, it hid for about two weeks and is front and center open everyday for the past two months or so lol I've seen his though!

thank you! Stay tuned :)

the spot it's at in your tank is perfect to me! Lol

lol thanks

Cencalfishguy56

That jewel damsel looks beautiful. How is it with the clowns?

perfectly fine, even during feeding there's no aggression, going on three weeks now with them all together
  • 2 weeks later...
Cencalfishguy56

image_zpsqicnwbx1.jpeg

Look at what I made happen! My method worked! Haha still trying with the davinci clown but stay tuned gonna do a pic update, got some new frags

• Like 4
Orangutran

Look at what I made happen! My method worked! Haha still trying with the davinci clown but stay tuned gonna do a pic update, got some new frags

Awesome! Which method… did you trap and scare the clown into it?

Cencalfishguy56

Awesome! Which method did you trap and scare the clown into it?

almost like that, but after lights are out I did my WC then cupped the clown in my hand since he was in his sluggish mode, then I kinda of released/pushed him into the anemone and he instantly fell in love haha he was all in and out of it but today I haven't seen him play in it yet so only time will tell haha
  • Like 1
RIP Sebastian

image_zpsqicnwbx1.jpeg

DAMN IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! My clowns are two feet away- they brushed it several days ago. I would feel bad about scaring them, though.

Nick

Cencalfishguy56

DAMN IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! My clowns are two feet away- they brushed it several days ago. I would feel bad about scaring them, though.

Nick

yea when I first introduced my rose BTA they brushed it but swam away and I was like damn it!!! Lol but when lights are out in your tank wait an hour or so where the clowns will go on auto pilot and slowly cup them in your hand and release them into the BTA and see what happens! Haha I swear it's peaceful, no scaring involved

This tank is sick as hell! I love the BTA's!

thank you! This is my pride and joy, hoping one day I can make TOTM! All of my reading and past tanks are put into this one, doing it right, sloooow and steady! Stay tuned gonna post a couple FTS!
Cencalfishguy56

image_zpsbjrpfv4s.jpeg

image_zpsemazwxaa.jpeg

So far I have:

Gsp

Green with purple tip frogspawn

Yellow/gold hammer

Gold octospawn

Radioactive/eagle eye zoa combo

Alveopora

Unknown zoanthid frag

Purple with green tip torch

2x BTA rose and day glo (still coloring up from when I got it)

So any suggestions on where to mount these would be appreciated!

Cencalfishguy56

Took me a good 45 seconds to realize that black blob in the top left of the last pic is the gem damsel lol.

lol tell me why I wasn't paying attention when I took the pic and after I realized what that blob was also! :lol:
RIP Sebastian

yea when I first introduced my rose BTA they brushed it but swam away and I was like damn it!!! Lol but when lights are out in your tank wait an hour or so where the clowns will go on auto pilot and slowly cup them in your hand and release them into the BTA and see what happens! Haha I swear it's peaceful, no scaring involved

thank you! This is my pride and joy, hoping one day I can make TOTM! All of my reading and past tanks are put into this one, doing it right, sloooow and steady! Stay tuned gonna post a couple FTS!

Thanks. I shall try tomorrow.

Cencalfishguy56

Hey congrats on your clown hosting the BTA, mine started hosting as well just this week.

thanks! I honestly think it's the best part of reefing!

Beautiful tank!!! Love it :)

thank you! It's a work in progress:)
  • Like 1