Coral Vue Hydros

CenCal's 20L Shallow Reef Revamp: Update 11/11

Cencalfishguy56

Cencalfishguy56
On 11/12/2020 at 8:21 AM, Matteo said:

Sweet man! 

Thanks brotha! I envy the 40 and honestly if I didn’t get a killer deal on this 24, I for sure woulda went with the 40

• Like 1
Cencalfishguy56
On 11/12/2020 at 9:34 AM, Elizabeth94 said:

Everything looks so fluffy and healthy. Nice job! 

Thank you!! I really have been trying to pay attention to the demands of all of reef. Seems like it’s starting to pay off, seeing amazing growth as everything seems settled in and taking off. Consistency is definitely key!

Cencalfishguy56
On 11/12/2020 at 11:27 AM, debbeach13 said:

The 20 looks so nice. Are you starting a journal for the new tank?

I’m thinking so, but work has been hectic so I’ve been taking work home lately. Luckily next week I have a week off (work in education) so maybe I’ll dedicate some time into making another separate journal. I know in the next few days I will be stocking it so stay tuned! 😁

• Like 1
10 hours ago, Cencalfishguy56 said:

Thanks brotha! I envy the 40 and honestly if I didn’t get a killer deal on this 24, I for sure woulda went with the 40

eh I want a bigger tank too but I got a great deal on the 40 so same story. The 24 is a sweet setup man just continue what you are doing and it's gonna be a even more rad reef!

• Like 1
  • 4 weeks later...
Cencalfishguy56

So I have some updates I’ll be posting but my rainbow pocillopora has been picked off either by a peppermint shrimp or bumble snails, I vote snails, any ideas?

hard to see photos but there are patches of polyps missing, all other sps seem to be fine except for a small patch on my birdsnest 

Noticed my SG got up to .027 so lowering that, hope it regrows because a week ago this thing was super colorful. Only been having problems over last few days. I’m gonna pull snails tonight and see what happens

image.jpg

image.jpg

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...
Cencalfishguy56
On 12/12/2020 at 7:17 AM, debbeach13 said:

Geez I hope you can find out who is causing the damage. 

It was strange but all of the tissue has grown back and polyps are back out, unfortunately I’m dealing with a Dino outbreak 😪

my nutrients are ultra low!!

NO3 = 1 ppm

PO4 = 0.25 ppm 

dKh= 8.4

i have begun dosing nitrates and have been over feeding starting today. I have also been running a uv sterilizer to kill the free floating Dino when I blow off the rocks and changing filter socks daily. Also have been siphoning out as much as I can into a filter socks and putting the water back in. I was gonna dose All For Reef but it appears dKh is maintaining 8.4 over the last 4 days so I’ll hold off on water changes and dose if it drops. Praying I beat the dinos and don’t loose the tank😬

• Like 1