Cultivated Reef

CenCal's 20L Shallow Reef Revamp: Update 11/11

Cencalfishguy56

Cencalfishguy56

If you want a green birds nest i have a frag about an inch long sitting in the tank. Got it from my mini mother coloney.

hey bro didn't see your message but still deciding on what pieces I want, for sure 3 tops so they can take over the middle rock!

hey bro didn't see your message but still deciding on what pieces I want, for sure 3 tops so they can take over the middle rock!

np ill have it until i upgrade tanks whenever that may be.

• Like 1
Cencalfishguy56

0C54F313-7A29-4DEA-99B6-1EB5A6A6335A_zps

shots from today!

Look who came out to be photogenic!

AD30BADE-5C3F-4E12-93C7-9DAFD7A9B4AD_zps

702DDB23-426C-4DFE-8D73-5189608F55E1_zps

My other BTAs I underappreciate lol

D3A14C5E-4D87-4A7B-85B2-BDF5728CE58A_zps

FD7F0DC4-86CA-4075-A6E1-A2B18B123CDE_zps

My micro hammer thats pretty sick... if only it were bigger *sigh*

A69CFDAA-4D2C-4763-AEA4-B7ECB34D3070_zps

A clean sump pic becuase I amped up my skimming and I swear it got clean within a day lol

EF613591-5BD7-4D3B-A954-9866A302D3AF_zps

• Like 2
Cencalfishguy56

What refug light are you using I'm looking for one, I want bta's but I'm afraid for my other corals :(

im using one of these https://www.amazon.com/Finnex-FugeRay-Aquarium-Moonlights-Cliplight/dp/B00LIL7YPE/ref=sr_1_2?s=pet-supplies&ie=UTF8&qid=1478808506&sr=1-2&keywords=finnex+fugeray+plantedinexpensive and works extremely well, actually i have the coral version so i imagine the planted version would grow macro like crazy! In as large of a tank as you have I wouldn't worry about it, but I'd BTA first then coral, thats what I did, had my BTA's touch many of my corals with no repercussions

im using one of these https://www.amazon.com/Finnex-FugeRay-Aquarium-Moonlights-Cliplight/dp/B00LIL7YPE/ref=sr_1_2?s=pet-supplies&ie=UTF8&qid=1478808506&sr=1-2&keywords=finnex+fugeray+plantedinexpensive and works extremely well, actually i have the coral version so i imagine the planted version would grow macro like crazy! In as large of a tank as you have I wouldn't worry about it, but I'd BTA first then coral, thats what I did, had my BTA's touch many of my corals with no repercussions

Fits Your sump well would just need to find a bracket then. Surprised your bta doesn't sting but that's pretty awesome it doesn't. Maybe I'll pick one up and try it out

• Like 1
Cencalfishguy56

Looks awesome! Love the wrasse!

thanks PJ! love it more and more I really want a pink birdsnest like you! where are your updates?? lol

Fits Your sump well would just need to find a bracket then. Surprised your bta doesn't sting but that's pretty awesome it doesn't. Maybe I'll pick one up and try it out

yea it does and it was fairly cheap! but the btas weren't in contact with the corals long enough so i didn't worry too much, I think you'd be fine! if my showpiece BTA in the middle splits in the future ill shoot you a clone to start your tank man!

Looking good. What constitutes a steal on the SPS pack?

Also, is your wrasse shy? My 6 line is very bold and follows me around the peninsula as I walk about the room.

Cencalfishguy56

F241B3B5-094B-4437-B6FC-D30B23613B67_zps

Been busy with finals! But quick dirty pic before the water change tomorrow! My nems decided to move lol oh well sps is starting to color up now with heavy feedings and I can tell because my tank is dirtier than last week :lol:

By the way my hammer melted from ASD :(

those torches are sick! a long with the hammer. i need to find another hammer friend for my neon green one.

hit up Robert Cortez from the pages on fb he had blue ones last time I went

Looking good. What constitutes a steal on the SPS pack?

Also, is your wrasse shy? My 6 line is very bold and follows me around the peninsula as I walk about the room.

well I got 4 pieces for $30 so not bad considering I've seen them for $20 a frag other places but no not at all, I believe it's because I have a lot of fish so it is always out cruising the rocks

Nice pickups from ASD! It's hard to beat their combination of quality corals and prices :)

ues very hard to beat them! Unfortunately Their guarantee sucks because that massive hammer melted from shipping and they only have a DOA policy even when I contacted them :( $75 down the drain
  • Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Cencalfishguy56

Love the torches.....how many do you have now? Tank's looking great

thanks pj! I currently have 3, I want one more unique color and it'll complete my torch collection

Can...can I have those? Please? :P

haha if you lived closer I'd consider it, I know how hard it can be being a student on a budget