Cultivated Reef

CenCal's 20L Shallow Reef Revamp: Update 11/11

Cencalfishguy56

Cencalfishguy56

Current FTS 7/2020: 

DECCE724-0445-424F-AF9F-8E32B985B4D6.thumb.jpeg.a1659cf865453ab936295b2ddca1fe9e.jpeg

Old FTS 10/2016:

04A1C83E-C690-42DE-9B0B-F46984F48DB2_zps

What's up my fellow reefers, so I have been on this forum for a little over two years had saltwater tanks for about 3 years, started with a standard 10G tank and did not do very much research. Basically in a nut shell it was my learning tank in which I had much success but many failures and mistakes over the 9 months it was running. I took it down and decided I wanted a clean slate with an AIO or try my hand at a sumped tank, I have had freshwater tanks all my life community as well as predator tanks btw. I have spent the last year planning and buying equipment while also building a cabinet for a sumped system, after much anticipation and patience with college and this tank I have finally been able to set it all up, without further ado here are my specs:[/size]

Tank: Visio 20L 30x13x13 Custom rimless drilled 1/2" return with 3/4" overflow

Sump: Advanced Acrylics Nano sump custom blue baffles and base 20x12x12

Equipment:

- Original AI prime 

- Vortech Mp10Wes

- AutoAqua Smart ATO Micro

- IceCap K2-50 Skimmer

- IM Desktop reactor for carbon (If Needed)

- Eheim 1250 Return Pump

Fish:

- Grade A Davinci Ocellaris

- Darwin Misbar Ocellaris

- 6 line wrasse

- Cross damsel

Inverts:

- Rainbow BTA

- 2 Peppemint shrimp 

- 4 Blue Legged Hermits

Coral:

- GSP

- pink birdsnest

- birds of paradise 

- bubblegum digi

- Mohawks palys

- pink zipper palys 

- sunny D palys

- rainbow infusion palys

- various colored acans

- Indo purple green tip torch 

- rainbow stylophora 

- green birdsnest 

- CR commoners envy 

Pics of Progress:

image_zpszz4hoczw.jpg

image_zpsfob4y7bg.jpeg

Stand%202_zpslkg5p25m.jpg

stand_zpslwhzv2vk.jpg

image_zpshtusauup.jpeg

image_zpsmxb63i41.jpeg

image_zpsyymmjkrc.jpeg

image_zps0swcccmc.jpeg

Tank%204516_zpsnhsjvq17.jpeg

Thats all for now, the last pic was a FTS taken today, Nitrite peaked yesterday and Nitrate was in full force today, did Dr.Tims method with 10G of LFS tank water, Should have weekly updates unless college gets hectic haha HAPPY REEFING! ;)

• Like 8
Cencalfishguy56

Sweet setup! I love tomini tangs. Looking forward to more updates.

thanks man! I do too, can't wait to start stocking this thing, even an empty tank is addicting to look at haha

OOOOO Its beyooootifullll. Nice start!

Thankyou! Hoping to add its first inhabitant by the end of this week then go slow from there, cycle is moving along nicely :)
Cencalfishguy56

I can't wait dude...such a sick setup and excellent equipment.

me neither! Definitely beyond stoked for this build, planned this one out for a while haha now you gotta get on yours!

me neither! Definitely beyond stoked for this build, planned this one out for a while haha now you gotta get on yours!

Ohhh I can't wait man..Just about three weeks and the transfer will commence.

Cencalfishguy56

You doing fish or coral first?

fish, I put my order in for a B&W ocellaris on Monday idk if he will get it this shipment but by Friday I'll at least have a regular orange and white ocellaris in the tank, nitrates were already coming today so it's moving

Ohhh I can't wait man..Just about three weeks and the transfer will commence.

haha I'll be on the lookout man, anticipating your build for sure
Cencalfishguy56

Nice setup, curious to see how the solo kessils will work out

as am I, I'm positive with the tank being so shallow they should do extremely well thanks btw!

Looking really good! Your coral stocking plans are perfect ;)

thanks man! I wanted to do this from the beginning with the coral but since seeing your tank it is now set in stone!

that's right :happydance:

I put the blame soley on you for what's in my QT right now. B)

You've been hyping this build for awhile now, looking forward to seeing it take off. Really sweet aquascape too!

Cencalfishguy56

Nah, up for sale. The 40 and the 10.

lammmeeeee lol naw I feel it, you have a bad ass tank waiting for all the attention, I wouldn't mind another IM Fusion 10 for another room ;)

I put the blame soley on you for what's in my QT right now. B)

You've been hyping this build for awhile now, looking forward to seeing it take off. Really sweet aquascape too!

yea it took way too long but life got in the way and holidays but once I got that tax return I told myself it's time to do this haha and I'll take blame, one of my favorite fish and more of the hardier tangs :) but thanks I had islands but didn't like the flow so put them this way temporarily and ended up liking it with two little caves :lol: funny how it all worked out!
  • Like 1
Cencalfishguy56

image_zpsr9jzayu5.jpeg

image_zpskrc1liro.jpeg

Couple of shots while tweaking the tank today, finally got my flow dialed in and increased the water level in the DT, things are moving along nicely, ammonia dropped to .25 today compared to 2.0ppm on Sunday so it's moving, enjoy guys!

• Like 1