Jump to content
Cencalfishguy56

CenCal's 20L Shallow Reef Revamp: New Vid!!

Recommended Posts

debbeach13

Look at you, more new coral. Just lining them up all across the front. Going to be fantastic after they adjust and move up on the rocks. Good for you.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Matteo

Revamp is coming along nicely bro! 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Cencalfishguy56
16 hours ago, debbeach13 said:

Look at you, more new coral. Just lining them up all across the front. Going to be fantastic after they adjust and move up on the rocks. Good for you.

Thank you! Slowly but surely getting the hang of things once again in this tank! Loving it thus far

Share this post


Link to post
Cencalfishguy56
14 hours ago, Matteo said:

Revamp is coming along nicely bro! 

Thanks brotha! Still unsure about how I ultimately want my rock work!😬

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Cencalfishguy56

Full tank pic and moved my rocks around, don’t mind the GHA it’s slowly but surely being eradicated 😅

 

should I keep the new scape? Thinking sps near top with lps and softies mid and low range on rock work... with bta island in the middle 680DA2EE-40AA-43A1-96C0-37CA94BCDE0A.thumb.jpeg.76b43880f4572eeaa813729e0df28938.jpegED816132-F3FB-49C7-ADF4-F7AD78F0D158.thumb.jpeg.e709942961c6843f98ed32702d91e3c0.jpeg776F8218-3EA7-4537-A947-843D610E8ADD.thumb.jpeg.9623c9b2cab10c5fc0900c185e59f47a.jpeg6240F057-A507-4A60-AD94-48B2CF80E1BB.thumb.jpeg.1ef84146ead16d3bb081d681d9fbaaee.jpeg

 

mans more pics because I do love polyp extension 😁6CFE9FD8-14A3-490D-A523-78BFE2C66DF5.thumb.jpeg.061244e0a7e054d789d331a05f5e6e04.jpegFADEFDAF-9417-4D11-8EB9-311D9D158888.thumb.jpeg.d69523b2086f77bced6f4c86ef03a764.jpeg

 

tested ca and alk which I’ve never ever tested in the past because I believe visually you can know what’s wrong more often than not however 

 

ca 380

alk 9.3 

mag (lost the instructions LOL)

 

have had these Salifert kits for a while but thinking about buying new ones and taking this tank to the next level with dosing to keep everything stable 

8F793AAC-1F00-4950-AB13-A54923786212.jpeg

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
debbeach13
1 hour ago, Cencalfishguy56 said:

Thinking sps near top with lps and softies mid and low range on rock work... with bta island in the middle 

Sounds like a good plan.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Cencalfishguy56

Some pics and a vid for your viewing pleasure! Just gotta glue the zoas on the rocks and sanded will be virtually clean minus the acans, gonna get a few more zoas to grow out and acans as well. Also, think a nice show piece welso or trachy?🤔

 


 

7B9F2F93-CC5B-43F2-9F24-E380811E6676.thumb.jpeg.b7609370c0fe4f89127fb6f4239f5e71.jpeg61C625FC-19EE-4979-9340-E36DF627128B.thumb.jpeg.5b05d4895976ba80cbfeafaea26781ba.jpegA52F1642-50C3-45CD-B45C-F87CD750F116.thumb.jpeg.d5bff0975cb77467a66253f63b2f6c52.jpeg
 

peep the big ass turbo snail I got from reef cleaners 😳

 

FA7FFFC2-F4E6-4F7C-9F75-137A866755EB.thumb.jpeg.cf09e52dcd0678e759fceac8b4406b44.jpeg

  • Like 1
  • Wow 2

Share this post


Link to post
Snow_Phoenix
14 minutes ago, Cencalfishguy56 said:

Some pics and a vid for your viewing pleasure! Just gotta glue the zoas on the rocks and sanded will be virtually clean minus the acans, gonna get a few more zoas to grow out and acans as well. Also, think a nice show piece welso or trachy?🤔

 


 

7B9F2F93-CC5B-43F2-9F24-E380811E6676.thumb.jpeg.b7609370c0fe4f89127fb6f4239f5e71.jpeg61C625FC-19EE-4979-9340-E36DF627128B.thumb.jpeg.5b05d4895976ba80cbfeafaea26781ba.jpegA52F1642-50C3-45CD-B45C-F87CD750F116.thumb.jpeg.d5bff0975cb77467a66253f63b2f6c52.jpeg
 

peep the big ass turbo snail I got from reef cleaners 😳

 

FA7FFFC2-F4E6-4F7C-9F75-137A866755EB.thumb.jpeg.cf09e52dcd0678e759fceac8b4406b44.jpeg

Those red acans look amazing! 😮

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Cencalfishguy56
On 7/3/2020 at 6:54 PM, Snow_Phoenix said:

Those red acans look amazing! 😮

Thanks! They definitely pop and have huge heads!🙌🏼

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Matteo

sick video!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Cencalfishguy56
On 7/5/2020 at 7:33 PM, Matteo said:

sick video!

Thanks brotha! I need to get a solid camera, I can’t capture the detail on these corals 🥴

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Cencalfishguy56

 

post water change😁 clean up crew put in work, gonna get a few more corals this week

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Matteo
9 hours ago, Cencalfishguy56 said:

Thanks brotha! I need to get a solid camera, I can’t capture the detail on these corals 🥴

 

9d0593a939c741d5c508dd14c2edcf97.jpg

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Cencalfishguy56


So my mama clown has been attacking my hand for a little over a month now, she’s unbelievably mean😂 she’s now 4 years old, anyone else’s older clowns get grumpy when they get old?

  • Like 1
  • Wow 1

Share this post


Link to post
Matteo
4 minutes ago, Cencalfishguy56 said:


So my mama clown has been attacking my hand for a little over a month now, she’s unbelievably mean😂 she’s now 4 years old, anyone else’s older clowns get grumpy when they get old?

Both my female Maroon and little bitch male bite the shit out of me. 

 

The female is getting bigger to the point I may need bandaids... Or gloves, 🙄

 

Even if my face gets to close to the tank they get pissed. Like um I feed you gtfo of here. 

  • Wow 1

Share this post


Link to post
debbeach13

Yes my female does the exact same thing if I dare put my hand in the tank. I always jump when she bites. Even though I know it's coming and it hurts! So now I use one hand to try and chase her away while the other hand moves the rock or coral or what ever. They both sleep in a stone hedge head that's in the tank and all hell breaks lose if I move that!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Break

My black and white ocellaris pair used to be quite nippy and would always go after my hands.

 

Tank looks great! Especially, digging the acans - are you planning on getting more of those or are you going to leave the front sandbed area more open?

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Cencalfishguy56
2 hours ago, Matteo said:

Both my female Maroon and little bitch male bite the shit out of me. 

 

The female is getting bigger to the point I may need bandaids... Or gloves, 🙄

 

Even if my face gets to close to the tank they get pissed. Like um I feed you gtfo of here. 

Hahaha my male has yet to turn into an asshole, I assume it’s coming considering they now have laid their clutch under one of the BTAs and he’s defensive with the six line. Wish I would’ve recorded their fights, they were nuts!

 

same, they literally want food and nothing else. Gtfo is an understatement! Lol I’m thinking about gloves, I vote gloves man, then you don’t have to feel the pinches. These little mf have a little bite on them😂

Share this post


Link to post
Cencalfishguy56
2 hours ago, debbeach13 said:

Yes my female does the exact same thing if I dare put my hand in the tank. I always jump when she bites. Even though I know it's coming and it hurts! So now I use one hand to try and chase her away while the other hand moves the rock or coral or what ever. They both sleep in a stone hedge head that's in the tank and all hell breaks lose if I move that!

Yes! I know it’s gonna happen but I still get startled when I’m moving corals around. I think I’ve knocked a few frags off this week from jumping😂 I’m pretty sure they’re mad too because I moved their rock where they were laying their clutches😬

Share this post


Link to post
Cencalfishguy56
2 hours ago, Break said:

My black and white ocellaris pair used to be quite nippy and would always go after my hands.

 

Tank looks great! Especially, digging the acans - are you planning on getting more of those or are you going to leave the front sandbed area more open?

Good to know most reefers get their hands attacked as well lol

 

Thanks! I originally had planned for an open sand bed but the acans are doing amazing and I think I want to get a few more to start a nice little garden. Also on the fence to have a nice elegance or lobo, possibly welso. I’m not too sure yet but starting to really enjoy acans. Love that they are super easy to spot feed as well.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Cencalfishguy56

I’ve also come to the conclusion that I need a bigger tank! Lol

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recommended Discussions

×
×
  • Create New...