Cencalfishguy56

Cencalfishguy56

I did at first but didn't like the bio and chem classes :P

yea they are pretty shitty, luckily I'm done with them lol :lol:
  • Like 1
Cencalfishguy56

image_zpswiug6ndt.jpeg

image_zpsnxnpgotc.jpeg

Did a deep clean tonight as I got a very minimal hair algae outbreak, I have John at RC building me a custom crew to help keep it under control, super excited my rock is maturing quickly and coloring up really nice!! Already see fair amounts of purple and green coralline

• Like 3
  • 1 month later...
Cencalfishguy56

new vid of the jewel damsel I took out of quarantine last friday, gorgeous fish! also forgot I put the two clowns in a few weeks back, Ive been really busy with alot of milestones occurring in the last few weeks but have a new BTA arriving thursday so stay tuned!

IMG_3400_zpsralzsuuh.jpg

• Like 2
Cencalfishguy56

Dude that jewel damsel is awesome. I've never seen one before, awesome fish.

i never saw one in person till I was at the LFS and my fish guy was like hey guess what I got in stock haha I was like I'll take it, my girlfriend was like if you don't buy it, I am, that was good enough for me, he's a neat addition swimming through the rocks and all around the tank, so far no aggression towards my clowns, I need a better pic of this dude but he's so damn fast

20 is going well. Nothing new...been busy. Maybe soon tho. How's yours doing besides the new addition?

same been busy! But I had an alk problem which was pissing off my euphyllia but now they are back to being puffy! Can't wait for the new Nem to come in! Also shooting for a purple torch this week since I got paid so good this paycheck haha
Cencalfishguy56

Cool looking fish and nice bta! Did it find a spot where you wanted it to settle?

thank you! Love this BTA but it has moved a few inches under the ledge we shall see where it ends up lol hopefully doesn't shade my smaller BTA

Super nice bta. Mine looked like that now its all weird lookin.

i have another BTA found that my other one stays like this when they are fed, do you feed yours?

The anemone is beautiful! Just picked one up they're awesome!

thankyou! They really are!, now I have two of them but the other one is smaller so waiting for it to get this big! What color is yours?
CronicReefer

image_zpsdvgsuelm.jpeg

Look at what we have here! Still hiding but when it's open its a complete beauty!

Wow that is a gorgeous BTA. I just picked up a simple green BTA for my clowns last week. Good luck with yours :).
Cencalfishguy56

Feed mine every few days

i feed my other one every other day, I'm gonna go check your thread to see what yours looks like

Wow that is a gorgeous BTA. I just picked up a simple green BTA for my clowns last week. Good luck with yours :).

thank you! I've seen some gorgeous simple green ones, hoping my clowns find it, goodluck with yours as well!

I just got a rose bubble tip anemone and he was just settling in last night

mine seems settled but in sure he will move a bit more since he's adjusting to the lighting lol
  • Like 1
Cencalfishguy56

IMG_2031.jpg

Woke up this morning and he was no where to be found. Eventually found him lodged under a rock. He looks healthy and is probably just adjusting to the light. Hopefully he comes out and chooses a nice spot

yup looks healthy to me :) nems hide for a good week or so then find a spot and take up residence, my other Nem took like two weeks!! Lol you'll get annoyed but in time you'll love your Nem once it settles down
Cencalfishguy56

Yeah haha I wish he'd just plop right down where I want him but they have a mind of their own. We'll see what he does in a week or two. Hopefully he will chose a good spot. Also any recommendations on getting your anemone to host your clown? I've seen many people put them in a confined space and that seemed to do the trick but that'd be hard with the anemone already in the tank.

yea they are interesting creatures! But I've always just let nature run its course, you can always try to scare the clown into the Nem, I wouldn't recommend removing the Nem from the tank, too much stress and you can run the risk of tearing the foot if you're not careful, I've been thinking of trapping them by the Nem in the tank with a Tupperware container and scare them into the Nem
CronicReefer

thank you! I've seen some gorgeous simple green ones, hoping my clowns find it, goodluck with yours as well!

Mine is a pale green since it was bleached when I bought it, not even as close to being as nice as yours. My clowns swim literally less than six inches away from it and don't even look at it. I've tried once before to get them to host a BTA but it seems ocellaris clowns host ritteri anemones in the wild but hopefully mine and yours will figure it out :D.