Top Shelf Aquatics

Help with flow for sumpless 25 cube.

KonradKlemmer

KonradKlemmer

Greetings frieinds. Long time lurker first time poster.

Anyway, I recently upgraded from a 12G nano cube that's been up and running for around 5 years to a 25 gallon Mr. Aqua rimless cube. I'm running the new cube sumpless for now with a Tunze 9004 for skimming duty and an AquaClear 50 as a low rent reactor for Purigen and Chemi Pure.

Since this tank is sumpless, I have now return pump and need to rely on powerheads for flow. I'm currently using a Hydor Koriala Nano 425 GPH powerhead to move things around and It ain't really cutting it. I have another Koriala Nano that's a 240, but when I add it it to the tank it does almost nothing.

Currently thinking about either adding a second powerhead or just replacing the 425 with something beefier. I want some more flow but don't want to blast around too much water. Here's the models I'm considering:

Koriala nano 565

Koriala Evolution 600

Koriala Evolution 850

Just wondering if there's anyone else out there with a similar setup and what they're doing about flow

Paleoreef103

Honestly? Do yourself a favor and pick up a Jebao RW-4. They are a bit more than a Koralia evo 850, but they are smaller, stronger and controllable. The small Koralias always seemed to under-perform and the big ones take up a huge amount of space.

Archived