Pod Your Reef

Klabuckeye's Cadlights Versa 68

klabuckeye

My 24G NC was getting crowded so I upgraded to a Cadlights Versa 68G. I read mixed reviews, but so far zero problems with any of the products and am happy with the purchase. I did upgrade the stock plumbing a bit. Ottoman on the left conceals a 5G ATO. Here is some info, pics and a vid...

Tank

Cadlights 68G Versa Starfire Aquarium 35.5" x 19.5" x 21.5"

Polished Gloss Black Marine Grade MDF Cabinet 35.5" x 19.5" x 36"

3-Chamber 25G Sump 30" x 15" x 13"

Light

Zetlight ZT-6600A LED

Equipment

Reef Octopus 150sss

Maxspect Gyre XF-130

Jager 200w Heater

Tunze Osmolator 

IMG_0310.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Thank you!

No issues with the tank or stand whatsoever. Definitely good value in that purchase and would buy again.

I recently upgraded the other Cad equipment I initially purchased (skimmer, reactor). Should have just spent a little more on those items in the first place. 

scubafrogman

I have been looking at the Versa and Artisan for a while and really like them (tank & stand).  I just see so many negative reviews that it is nice to see a positive experience.

Yes, if money allows, I would like to use a different sump (maybe Trigger) and different accessories.

Yeah I read all the same stuff, but most complaints were about customer service and not the product itself. The price was right for the basics so I gave it a shot and am glad I did. For a quality tank/stand I think it's hard to beat. With a few easy upgrades you'll have a great system and it will still cost way less than some of the bigger brand names. 

Archived