ReefCleaners.org

Lightning demo is not working properly.

Sunstar

I like using the lightning demo just before I go to sleep, I watch the tank have its little storm late at night. However last few attempts it has flashed once for the demo and that was it.

I am using a Nanobox Tide Plus M. I have had "natural" thunderstorms okay. but the demo is just not working for me. Any ideas?

masterbuilder

.....but the demo is just not working for me. Any ideas?

I have one idea....your fish became so annoyed they got together and broke it. :)

I have one idea....your fish became so annoyed they got together and broke it. :)

I about fell on the floor from laughing after I read this.

Could be true if I actually had fish in the tank to have happened :P

SpencerShepard

I have had a couple reports of this recently. If you could please email me with your username or MAC address I can look into it further.

I have had a couple reports of this recently. If you could please email me with your username or MAC address I can look into it further.

Could I PM it to you? I was one of the ones sending in a report.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
SpencerShepard

Can you guys try unplugging the controller for a minute and see if that makes a difference?

• 1 month later...

make sure you have clouds turned on under your lighting settings. my thunderstorm demo wont work if clouds are turned off.

Eureka! Mine had not been working but had not followed up as it is not something I'm looking into using. This worked!

Spencer: For demo purposes, it may make sense not to do the clouds==on check... or show an error message stating that you need clouds turned on for the thunderstorms to work.

Archived